CANCELLED!Assyrian New Year Parade April 11,2010 CHICAGO IL CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!

AssyrianBookTa

THIS IS PROBABLY THE SADDEST NEWS FOR THE ASSYRIANS IN CHICAGO. WITH THE LACK OF PLANNING AND ORGANIZING HERE IS A MESSAGE I JUST GOT TODAY

Since, we have started our organizing and planning meetings pretty late and due to the lack of time; we came to a difficult conclusion and decision of cancelling the Assyrian New Year Parade for this year.

We are apologizing for not been able to bringing the long awaited parade to the community this year as well. However, we been able of reach out to some understanding and breaking down a lot of barriers out of the way within the short time. We will be able to start our planning and organizing the next year?s parade way in advance.

Please keep up posted with your thoughts, comments and suggestions on what do you want to see and not at the Assyrian New Year Parades.

Once again, we are apologizing for any inconveniences,

Happy 6760, the Assyrian New Year,

Thank you,
Organizing Committee

baklawa said:
And Chicago continues to live up to its reputation.  Disorganized much?

they ALWAYS plan this event last minute, always. I honestly think more is involved for this cancellation.
i was fuming when i heard.

xxSanhoxx said:
They have to start to plan the New Year parade 6761 yet.

I wish i knew who to contact to help start this from NOW!!! because it if it's canceled again next year (which i have a gut feeling it will be) i'm gonna be super super pissed.

AssyrianBookTa said:
I wish i knew who to contact to help start this from NOW!!! because it if it's canceled again next year (which i have a gut feeling it will be) i'm gonna be super super pissed.

get in contact with these.. it might help

Mailing address: Post Office Box 59446 Chicago, Illinois 60659
Phone:773-743-4027
Fax:773-743-9275

its the assyrian american club who seem to have a big part in the organisation

Whats about the Assyrians from Chicago in AVN?
Im sure you can get involved as organisator too? Move your ass, the new year parade can't die! Its one of our greatest national day.

This is complete BS! Don't they use the same materials and floats every year? They still have 2 weeks left! I say Chicagoans still go out and celebrate!

hey, if i lived there... id get a few bits of paper work from the council or committee saying you can go out on the streets and use a bit of space.... book a few assyrian musicians... grab some fireworks and lighting and a PA system and invite as many as you want...

put out a few posters on phone boxes to get attention and do it all yourself... make it one big party with or without the floats

Jon said:
Anyone think this has something to do with Zowaa winning? Just saying!  :lol:

my quote from earlier "
they ALWAYS plan this event last minute, always. I honestly think more is involved for this cancellation.
i was fuming when i heard. "

and i posted something on my fb about who i think is directly involved with this cancellation which i refuse to post on here.

they have always planned this event and EVERY OTHER EVENT last minute. I understand Chicago got hit financially in 09 but we still managed to do a decent parade.

for this to be moved to april 11,2010 then to get canceled obviously it has to do with the elections.

Well, the person in charge of this whole parade is Joseph Tamraz, right? So he's the decision maker!

I spoke to Joseph directly for a good 20 minutes. He is not the reason for cancelling. The city refused to shut down such a busystreet with so many little floats. With all the organizations not participating and the church notwanting too cooparate this year we basically had nothing to work with.

They are working on asmall get together on Thursday at mitwaa but theywill have a meeting tonight to confirm and announce on the radio later tonight.

it has a lot to do with Zowaa and this church thing needs to fucken end  :ban:

i dont think we need a qasha there they have nothing to do with it  :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

and we all know who the fucker is he's the same ahole who found the place for the Iraqie elect... :ranting: :ranting:

I'm venturing it's Dr. Awdish Khoshaba, the representative of Majlis Shabee (Aghajan/Barazani's group).  Sounds like a case of sour grapes to me.  I bet if 390 had won this election as handily as Zowaa did, the churches and other organizations would have no problem participating.

I don't know why clergy is even needed.  It's the Kha b'Neesan celebration, what does that have to do with any church?  Hold the meezalta, and march down the street!  Shoot, if our people in atra can do it under threat of physical violence, I don't know what our excuse is.

What is the purpose of the parade anyway?

The last few years from the videos and images I have seen, it was basically a political rally for Zowaa which really isn't fair for those who don't support Zowaa.

Either way though if it is canceled for reasons of organization its a pathetic excuse.

I know I'm a little late at this convo but I'll chime in anyway.

--------------------------

Its a shame that the parade was cancelled yes. But, what are the next steps to avoid such a mess?

Simple, the people that are most upset, go to city council and get permits (like mentioned earlier) and plan next years festival as a "Street Fest" where there will be a small parade that maybe can lead all the way to a street festival where there will be booths (which you can sell to companies wishing to buy in) serving freshly cooked foods, drinks, desserts, arts/crafts, etc. Anything you can think of. Also have a small stage where live bands perform and dancers can dance.

THAT is how a festival should be run. Not some lame ass excuse for a parade with 30 yr old floats that look worn out and dull.

Change it up! And seriously, screw the other idiots that wish to continue on the same path that lead them to the cancellation of the parade in the first place. Book this now, and if they wish to have a parade on the same day, let them! See who is more successful :)

Back