Booshala

Angel2

Booshala

Yogurt:
1 gallon of milk (Vitamin D or Lowfat)
2 tablespoon plain yogurt

Bring milk to a boil and pour into another pot or bowl. Let cool. Once it is lukewarm, stir in the 2 tbls. of plain yogurt. Cover for at least 3 hours, then refrigerate until the next day.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup flour
1 egg
1 cup cold water
1 cup cooked rice or bulgur
1 bunch parsley, chopped well
4 celery stalks, chopped
Peppers (mild or hot) to taste
4 cups water
Swiss Chard
Cilantro (a few leaves for taste)
Mint (a few leaves for taste)
Salt to taste

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pour the yogurt mixture into a pot and heat over medium heat and whisk until it's not so thick, yet not too watery.

Combine flour, egg, and 1 cup water in a bowl. Mix well and add to the yogurt mixture. Rinse 1 cup of cooked rice or bulgur and add to the yogurt. Make sure you are stirring the yogurt constantly to avoid burning. Now add parsley, celery, peppers, 4 cups water, and swiss chard.

Stir above slowly until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat and add cilantro, mint and salt to taste.

here is another variety of the same soup:

2 lbs yogurt (about one container)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
5 cups water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 bunch Swiss chard
1 bunch coriander
1 bunch green onions
1 head celery
3 hot green peppers
4 fresh mint leaves
1 teaspoon crushed oregano
2 cloves crushed garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use a whisk to stir the yogurt in its container to break-up the large chunks and to make it smooth, then pour it into a 5 quart pot. Rinse the yogurt container with the water, then add it to the pot.

Gently, bring the yogurt to a boil with continuous stirring using the whisk, add a little more water if needed. As yogurt comes to a boil, combine the cornstarch with the 1/4 cup water then add to the yogurt.

Keep stirring with the whisk without stopping until yogurt thickens. Remove from the heat and set aside.

In a separate pot, heat the vegetable oil. To the hot oil, add the washed and chopped Swiss chard, coriander, green onions, celery, green peppers, mint, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until wilted and greatly reduced in volume.

Combine the vegetables with the yogurt and cook on medium heat until meal time.

Before serving, add the lemon juice, stir.

my mom made some for christmas.. ohhh it was soo good...

i really need to write all these recipes down, so i can learn how to make things

deedee said:
:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

no problem.. express post so it will still be hot when it gets to u hahaa

:giggle: 

I wish my mom was a tyareta because i heard they make the best booshla      :2hearts:

atourina said:
my mom made some for christmas.. ohhh it was soo good...

i really need to write all these recipes down, so i can learn how to make things

me too.....I know how to cook easy things like riza and shurba, chicken, kabobs

but I so want to learn the hard Assyrian food........I actually got all my recipes online  :angel2:

Back