• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Bomb detonation killing at least 3 Assyrians in Qamishlo

Shahin

Several organisations of our people are reporting that a bomb detonated near a restaurant ("Star" restaurant, near the Miami Cafe where the bombing of the 30/12...)  in Qamishlo, North Syria, killing 3 Assyrians and more than 10 injured.
The 3 confirmed dead:
- Mouris Khacho / Moris Khajo.
- Bassam Yakoub.
- Fawzi Mushe Garo.

Links you can check:
#Gozarto Protection Force
#AssyriaTV
AssyriaTV News about the explosion (In Suryoyo and one testimony in Arabic)
SuroyoTV news about the explosion (In Suryoyo)
Video from the Syriac Aramaic Association of Qamishlo
MFS/Sutoro source
------------------------
No official revendication from ISIS/DAE'SH. I bet it will be like the previous bombings (30/12), no revendication from ISIS but Kurds will blame immediately ISIS.
Who can we blame ?
Kurds ?
Arabs ?
Regime ?
ISIS ?

UPDATE: it seems that ISIS claimed responsibility for the bombings:
ISIS post about the bombing

Shahin

Just updated with AssyriaTV video news.
It seams that the bomb was posed on a bycle.
20 injured.

Shahin

Domanic said:
If it's Kurds, I hope it gets a lot of media attention.
Nop, with Geneva-3 talks upcoming, it will not get the attention it deserve.
Kurds will certainly blame ISIS and say "Hey, dumb western diplomat, citizen or whatever, we have Assyrian Christians fighting with us (MFS/Sutoro) etc., Why would we bomb the Christians ?"...

mrzurnaci

Shahin said:
Nop, with Geneva-3 talks upcoming, it will not get the attention it deserve.
Kurds will certainly blame ISIS and say "Hey, dumb western diplomat, citizen or whatever, we have Assyrian Christians fighting with us (MFS/Sutoro) etc., Why would we bomb the Christians ?"...
That makes no sense though. Why would ISIS bomb the GPF when the YPG is controlling Qamishli?

Secondly, what kind of goal is ISIS attempting to reach by bombing Assyrians? If they make Assyrians leave then Kurds will just replace the ones that left...

considering that Qamishli is under YPG control, it's only logical to assume that it was the YPG who did this...

If it really wasn't the YPG this time, I'll bite my tongue but until then...

Googoo

mrzurnaci said:
That makes no sense though. Why would ISIS bomb the GPF when they're mostly fighting the YPG?

Secondly, what kind of goal is ISIS attempting to reach by bombing Assyrians? If they make Assyrians leave then Kurds will just replace the ones that left...

considering that Qamishli is under YPG control, it's only logical to assume that it was the YPG who did this...

Another Question: How did ISIS enter Qamshilo? ISIS would usually enter under the status of refugees so let's say in Iraq, they would enter Erbil (Kurdish region) by pretending to be refugees hence bomb it (which is what happened months ago). But, Qamshilo isn't a safe haven for refugees to go there so technically ISIS could not have entered. Unless, there are local arabs or kurds in Qamshilo working for ISIS.

Shahin

mrzurnaci said:
That makes no sense though. Why would ISIS bomb the GPF when they're mostly fighting the YPG?

Just a correction GPF is not fighting YPG.
I'm also not fully convinced that ISIS dit it, but yeah, they will just empty qamishlo and what ? claiming they took over Qamishlo ? I also don't know.
YPG or not, they have now to assume and take responsibility for the deads, they were the ones who came and removed the barricades preventing vehicles to enter the neighborhood.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Very sad and outrageous! Does it matter if Kurds were behind this or ISIS? Kurds may try to look innocent, but let us not forget, just last week, they were enraged because Assyrians set up security check points to prevent such ISIS suicide attacks in the future. They even attacked the Assyrian security forces for setting these check points, killing one of our men. In other words, Kurds probably made it easy for ISIS to infiltrate again.

Funeral announcement for the 3 Assyrian martyrs.

ASHOOR

Cascade

ISIS copycats is a good possibility. Or terrorist loanwolves.

I thought a dozen of Assyrians died in this explosion. Didn't know it was just three.