Best political system for Assyrians?

Neon said:
Doesn't make Luxembourg any less significant though, considering it's the richest country in the world per GDP.

Luxembourg has a total population of 500k+. Population density @ 222.8/km2 (577.0/sq mi)

Switzerland has total population of 8m. Population density @ 202/km2 (523.2/sq mi)

Switzerland has a Nominal Total GDP of $651.770 billion (2016)

Luxembourg has a Nominal Total GDP of $60.176 billion (2016)

mrzurnaci said:
Your people and ours live in a region where Religion is pretty much the damn law and you're surprised whether or not religion/sect is important in the community?

Not really  , did not know , but thank you for clarification .

mrzurnaci said:
"Would the Assyrian be sitting on the fence these 100 years ? and would the kurd bother with assyrian at that time ? would the migration of assyrian continue ?
I believe Assyrian and Christians in general  will get their cultural rights, language rights and equal opportunity , but nothing more . In terms of independence or real autonomy , i do not believe that will ever happen due to many factors . "

to answer those in order...

yes, we would be "sitting on the fence" aka be Neutral. The Middle East has seen enough war, how about a peaceful period? Wouldn't you like to see a peaceful period where the society can simply develop and advance?
I certainly understand neutrality and i see no good coming from Assyrian involvement in war torn region and i think i pointed that clearly .The issue or the question was  why would Kurds bother giving any form of autonomy or Independence to Assyrian if they have zero contributions ?. I certainly hope they get some form of autonomy even without contribution , but i do not think many would share my views . 

mrzurnaci said:
Would Kurds bother with Assyrian neutrality? It happened during the PUK-KDP civil war...
if Assyrians will only get cultural, language rights and equal opportunity, than why should Kurds be given independence?
Look how small Switzerland is but not even that size is allowed for us?
So Kurdistan should then be divided to autonomous Cantons , One for Assyrian , one for Chaldean , one for Turkmans, one for shabak , one for Yazidis ,One for sabaa and mandan , one for shias....etc  ..... They are all unique with deep history in the region . Would you agree ? 

What does given Kurdistan the independence have to do with assyrian given autonomy ? I failed to understand that . Are the two somehow connected ?

mrzurnaci said:
Luxembourg has a total population of 500k+. Population density @ 222.8/km2 (577.0/sq mi)

Switzerland has total population of 8m. Population density @ 202/km2 (523.2/sq mi)

Switzerland has a Nominal Total GDP of $651.770 billion (2016)

Luxembourg has a Nominal Total GDP of $60.176 billion (2016)
Our population is more close to 1 million than 8 million (we're 3 million), so we will be more comparable to countries like Luxembourg.

That's the NOMINAL total GDP. Even poor countries (China, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, India) fare quite high in it.

Try this list (gross domestic product at purchasing power parity per capita): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Notice how Qatar, Kuwait, Luxembourg and Norway are at the top? These are rich countries with high standards of living.

nejepnerast said:
Not really  , did not know , but thank you for clarification .
no prob.

nejepnerast said:
I certainly understand neutrality and i see no good coming from Assyrian involvement in war torn region and i think i pointed that clearly .The issue or the question was  why would Kurds bother giving any form of autonomy or Independence to Assyrian if they have zero contributions ?. I certainly hope they get some form of autonomy even without contribution , but i do not think many would share my views .

From what I've seen, Assyrians have already contributed, mostly non-military but contributions are contributions.
What kind of contributions? Schools, ideas, and the same things we've contributed to the Persian empires...

nejepnerast said:
So Kurdistan should then be divided to autonomous Cantons , One for Assyrian , one for Chaldean , one for Turkmans, one for shabak , one for Yazidis ,One for sabaa and mandan , one for shias....etc  ..... They are all unique with deep history in the region . Would you agree ? 

What does given Kurdistan the independence have to do with assyrian given autonomy ? I failed to understand that . Are the two somehow connected ?

you're misunderstanding. You're saying we can't seriously get autonomy even though there are fully independent and sovereign countries that have a smaller population than us.

Neon said:
Our population is more close to 1 million than 8 million (we're 3 million), so we will be more comparable to countries like Luxembourg.

That's the NOMINAL total GDP. Even poor countries (China, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, India) fare quite high in it.

Try this list (gross domestic product at purchasing power parity per capita): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Notice how Qatar, Kuwait, Luxembourg and Norway are at the top? These are rich countries with high standards of living.

our population is 4-5 million and that does make a difference unless you're talking the likely amount of Assyrians that would live in Assyria.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-more-useful-measure-to-judge-a-nations-economy-GDP-nominal-or-GDP-PPP-and-why

"GDP per capita (PPP) takes into consideration that the money can buy a different amount of goods in each country."

"GDP stands for Gross Domestic Product. It is the value of all the final goods and services produced within the boundary of a nation during one year."

mrzurnaci said:
you're misunderstanding. You're saying we can't seriously get autonomy even though there are fully independent and sovereign countries that have a smaller population than us.
realistically , I would have to say no ,however I think mini Quebec  within Kurdistan would be nice , but that is just me romanticizing .

The problem with our region is that no one wants to get to know anyone and everyone thinks that the other is danger to their existence . The nationalists on both sides just keep throwing wood in the fire and that is no good for anybody especially Assyrian .

If there is a chance to establish an assyrian autonomous region , where would that be ? If you can be specific if you are familiar with the region .

nejepnerast said:
realistically , I would have to say no ,however I think mini Quebec  within Kurdistan would be nice , but that is just me romanticizing .

The problem with our region is that no one wants to get to know anyone and everyone thinks that the other is danger to their existence . The nationalists on both sides just keep throwing wood in the fire and that is no good for anybody especially Assyrian .

If there is a chance to establish an assyrian autonomous region , where would that be ? If you can be specific if you are familiar with the region .

Nineveh Plains, *plain* and simple.

Ezidi Kurd said:
There is no difference between DAESH and those Kurds who try to assimilated other ethnic groups. People should stay who they are. Semites (Assyrians) should stay Semitic and Aryans (Kurds) should stay Aryan.
I'm not aware of Kurds trying to assimilate anyone . Has there been any cases ? As far as I know they do not accept non kurds as kurds . Kurdistanis perhaps , but never as Kurds .

Ezidi Kurd said:
What is so funny about it? I was very serious. No matter where a Kurd is from, his/her DNA is still West Iranian (aka Aryan). As an Ezdi Kurd my DNA is identical to Zazaki, Sorani or Feyli Kurds. Let alone with Sunni Kurmanji Kurds from Dohuk who were just 150 years ago still Ezdi Kurds.

You can't determine by our DNA who is a Sunni Kurmanji or Sorani, who is Ezdi, who is Zazaki, who is Feyli etc. Because there is no difference in our DNA. My people have always been Ezdi as long as we do exist, otherwise I would be never an Ezdi. And my DNA is identical to other Kurds. That means that Kurdish Aryan (West Iranian) DNA is not really affected by the interracial mariages with the Turco Mongoloids, Armenians (Urartu) and Semites.

And I'm glad that we are still the same as our ancesotrs. We are not a mongrel 'bastard' race like Turks or Arabs. We know our roots and we have great ancient West Iranian (aka Aryan) roots.
Well, it's "funny" because you're too preoccupied by the racial construct of your own people (Aryan this, Aryan that), where you include your fellow Iranians, Afghans and Kurds, as if you're one big ethnic group. All these people have their own unique culture, so why combine them in the name of race? I'm pretty sure that even Germans and Austrians, being so homogeneous, have their own ethnic identity and are proud to distinguish themselves. What's wrong with being a proud, independent Yazidi?

It's like that typical African who is obsessed with "mother Africa" and his sub-saharan race, rather than his actual African ethnicity (Nigerian, Kenyan, etc). Why? Maybe because he knows that his African ethnic group has contributed nothing to society? Does this logic apply to you too, since, well, Yazidis did not have a rather compelling history compared to Persians, Assyrians, Babylonians, etc?

Why don't you be proud of your own ethnicity and leave race out of it? Being West Iranian doesn't make you superior (nor inferior for that matter). You just have originated there, just the same way Assyrians have roots to the Levant.

You're a Yazidi. So have pride in that ethnicity per se. After all, Yazidis have their own rich culture where it has nothing to do with Islam, amazingly. Leave out the rather Islamicized cultures of Iranians and Kurds, I say. You don't need to claim that you're a descendant of Aryan people (not saying that you aren't) to validate your ethnic identity. Just simply say you're a proud Yazidi? At least your username got that right in a way.

Ezidi Kurd said:
I met 'Sunni' Kurds who are married with Turkmen or even Palestinians. For them it doesn't matter to what race they belong, all that matters is that they are 'Sunni'. So, those so called Kurds, consider themselves as 'Sunni' Muslims first and secondary Kurdish. They are part of 'Islam Nation' and not a Kurdish nation. Those 'lost' Sunni Kurds are a 'tool' for our enemies especially the Turks. Mongoloid Turks are using those lost Sunni ex-Kurds as much as possible.

That does not address my question and your accusation of kurds assimilating other culture .You are talking about kurds getting assimulated into other culture . Strange response .

Ezidi Kurd said:
How many Armenians or Assyrians became Sunni Muslims. I'm sure we can speak about thousands. Of course those interracial marriages are not enough, far from thanks GOD, to change our Aryan DNA. But they do exist. Even the user 'Alan' confessed that he has got some Jewish/Assyrian Semitic roots.

Still way off the topic .

Ezidi Kurd said:
The biggest problem (quest) for the true pure remained (Ezdi) Kurds is the following. Those Sunni ex-Kurds who were part of the Islam Nation and want to come back to their roots. In many cases we don't know who they were in the past.

Yes i'm (Ezdi) Kurds , i feel so special , I have better blood immuned to all diseases , perfect nose , perfect ears ...what planet you come from ?

Ezidi Kurd said:
Were they pirs, mridis or shexs in the past? Because even within our Ezdi community it is forbidden to marry between 3 different Ezdi groups.
I'm a normal Ezdi 'Mrid', like the most Ezdi. It is forbidden for my children to marry with Ezdi 'Pir'. It is a great sin.

I can not believe you are proud of that ,Do you consider yourself inferior to Pirs ? You know in the old days brothers and sisters in the old kingdoms used to get married to each other to keep the blood "Pure " . When it comes to religion it all boils down to Sex and money , nothing more . 

Ezidi Kurd said:
No, it were the Kurds who assimilated other cultures. The children of those who are interracially married are accepted by the Sunni Muslim Kurds as part of their people.

That is not assimilation my dear , it is interracial marriage . So if a Kurd (man or women ) marry's a non kurd they should just give their children away , because their pure Ezidi Kurd got tainted ?

Ezidi Kurd said:
You don't understand anything about the Ezdi (West Iranian) culture. It is the will of our God that is goes how it goes.
I understand Ezidi culture very well . Like majority of cultures and religions there is plenty of good things and plenty of idiotic things in it

Ezidi Kurd said:
Mridis can't marry the Shexs or Pirs
The Pirs can't marry the Mridis or Shexs
The Shexs can't marry the Pirs or Mridis

That it makes yazidi culture special  :biggrin:? Do you agree with that ?

Ezidi Kurd said:
Why? Because all those 3 groups represent something specific divine and should stay pure. It is not about 'inferiority'. It is all about the 'PURITY'! In our civil society a Mridi can be a leader of the Pirs. A Mridi can be an 'Agha'. Most of the time a Mridi are more wealthier than Pirs. My grandfather had a good job. A lot of Ezdi Pirs and Shexs worked under my grandpa. He was their boss and he a Mridi.

What you said is that you still live in 14th century . Backward society which is divided to masters and slaves . superior and inferior , status or no status .

Ezidi Kurd said:
There is a difference between a spiritual world and a civil society. According to a spiritual world an Ezdi society should stay divided between 3 groups. Mridis are as divine s Shexs or Pirs. Without the Mridis there whould be no Pirs, etc..

yes i get it , God said that right ? Your God have too much time in his hand . He is busy deciding who can f...uck who ? So If you  f..ck the wrong person he will be furious and f..ck you up ? . Sorry for the language , but could not find a more suitable word . Tell me what did this purity that you seem to be so proud of ever did for yazidis ?

Ezidi Kurd said:
Watch this if you are open to learn something about our 'West Iranian' religion. It is for a huge part in Kurmanji
I will , thank you 

going back on topic, a good political system (im assuming government) at this moment would be a republican, presidential system.

Ezidi Kurd said:
Like in the States? Is the American model, the best model?

And EVERY culture is different. For each culture you need an adapted model.

You can't apply the same system to different cultures.

First you need to do is to study how your society is composed + in what kind of the environment they live.
Why does KRG use a presidential congress then?

Ezidi Kurd said:
With other words, because of purity we still do exists since the dawn on man. Purity = survival in your original form!
Not sure about Yazidi Kurds (since they haven't been Islamicized), but the Islamic Kurds and Iranians are certainly NOT "pure". Due to the Islam conquest, they would have been mixed with Arabs, as the Arabs took over Iran and most of western Asia.

Neon said:
Not sure about Yazidi Kurds (since they haven't been Islamicized), but the Islamic Kurds and Iranians are certainly NOT "pure". Due to the Islam conquest, they would have been mixed with Arabs, as the Arabs took over Iran and most of western Asia.

Not just that but what about Mongols and Turkic peoples that lived in the Central Asian part of the Persian empire? Other Aryan people like Hindus?

Not only that but Assyrians, Arabs, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Armenians, etc.

mrzurnaci said:
Not just that but what about Mongols and Turkic peoples that lived in the Central Asian part of the Persian empire? Other Aryan people like Hindus?

Not only that but Assyrians, Arabs, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Armenians, etc.
Yes, them too. Especially Central Asians (Mongoloids) and South Asians (although they're Aryan).

3 would be best. a multi cultural, libertarian-ish society. you have your own property and you can be WHATEVER culture you want, on your own property.

john11121 said:
3 would be best. a multi cultural, libertarian-ish society. you have your own property and you can be WHATEVER culture you want, on your own property.
That will be good, yes. But let's hope we won't be extremely liberal where people can identify as toothpicks.

Cascade said:
That will be good, yes. But let's hope we won't be extremely liberal where people can identify as toothpicks.

or better, why not an honest to god mix of authoritarianism and libertarianism? Something similar to Singapore.

"If all the 300 (top civil servants and political elite) were to crash in one jumbo jet, then Singapore will disintegrate."
~On how Singapore cannot afford the luxury of multiparty politics, 1975. Lee Kuan Yew.

Future Assyria will require a political elite. Etain was right to say that a democratic Assyria will not likely survive in the Middle East.
A political elite can best decide what actually is right assuming they have a sense of reality. Singapore was originally anti-Natalist, favoring lowering the birth rate but then they switched positions to becoming pro-natalist and favored increasing birth rates.

a government is supposed to be the brain of the country, just like a brain, governments regulate according to

Neon, you should definitely read the ideas Lee Kuan Yew had, the guy even saw what kind of religion Islam was...

"I have to speak candidly to be of value, but I do not want to offend the Muslim community... I think we were progressing very nicely until the surge of Islam came, and if you asked me for my observations, the other communities have easier integration ? friends, inter-marriages and so on ? than Muslims... I would say, today, we can integrate all religions and races, except Islam."

from his book 'Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going' (Asia One, March 08 2011 [28])

mrzurnaci said:
Neon, you should definitely read the ideas Lee Kuan Yew had, the guy even saw what kind of religion Islam was...

"I have to speak candidly to be of value, but I do not want to offend the Muslim community... I think we were progressing very nicely until the surge of Islam came, and if you asked me for my observations, the other communities have easier integration ? friends, inter-marriages and so on ? than Muslims... I would say, today, we can integrate all religions and races, except Islam."

from his book 'Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going' (Asia One, March 08 2011 [28])
I couldn't have said it better.

Back