• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Best political system for Assyrians?

carlos7ja

Read alot of posts, well i'm wonderin' why the hell some members are like intruders?
like who invited them in? and who is the administrator ? why there's no control on the identity of the members?
i thought it was assyrianvoice? alll what i can see, non assyrians posting shit and spam all over the forum!
Am I in the wrong forum?

i would like from the administrator with alldue respect to send me a private message and explain it to me please.
Thank you

Carlos

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
It is not possible to wipe out the Kurds.
You seriously don't get it...
Erdogan doesn't have to wipe out Kurds, he only needs to destroy your influence in Turkey... That should've been self-explanatory without me having to say it.

mrzurnaci

carlos7ja said:
Read alot of posts, well i'm wonderin' why the hell some members are like intruders?
like who invited them in? and who is the administrator ? why there's no control on the identity of the members?
i thought it was assyrianvoice? alll what i can see, non assyrians posting **** and spam all over the forum!
Am I in the wrong forum?

i would like from the administrator with alldue respect to send me a private message and explain it to me please.
Thank you

Carlos

There's still more Assyrians here than others.

nejepnerast

mrzurnaci said:
Not to burst your bubble but...

Da Kurds: Boo Hoo Who?
Why Kurdistan is not a nation and never will be By Gary Brecher
http://www.exile.ru/articles/detail.php?ARTICLE_ID=14150&IBLOCK_ID=35

It is a paid article ? Saying they exist or not does not really change nothing does it ?

mrzurnaci said:
to answer your questions in order.

1. You're making the same argument every Kurd and their dad says and, like them, you keep ignoring the possibility of Diaspora Assyrians returning. Even if it's a small possibility, that doesn't mean it won't happen.

So you did not read what I wrote ?

mrzurnaci said:
2. Not unless they convert to the Assyrian churches but that's a different story.

Really ? honestly i never thought that religion or sect is that important within the assyrian community . 

mrzurnaci said:
3. Why should Assyrians be forced to take sides in matters that does not concern or affect us?

Again you did not read my post .

mrzurnaci said:
4. How are you so sure on that? You're not active with the Assyrian community other than posting here.
Well is there ? housing poject , a hospital ?

Cascade

nejepnerast said:
Really ? honestly i never thought that religion or sect is that important within the assyrian community .  ?
It is actually, but not for all of us, such as myself and other secular Assyrians.

Etain

Looking back.
I don't see a Kurdistan where Assyrians aren't oppressed. They will have to be called Christian Kurds!

mrzurnaci

nejepnerast said:
It is a paid article ? Saying they exist or not does not really change nothing does it ?

So you did not read what I wrote ?

Really ? honestly i never thought that religion or sect is that important within the assyrian community . 

Again you did not read my post .
Well is there ? housing poject , a hospital ?

Your people and ours live in a region where Religion is pretty much the damn law and you're surprised whether or not religion/sect is important in the community?

"Would the Assyrian be sitting on the fence these 100 years ? and would the kurd bother with assyrian at that time ? would the migration of assyrian continue ?
I believe Assyrian and Christians in general  will get their cultural rights, language rights and equal opportunity , but nothing more . In terms of independence or real autonomy , i do not believe that will ever happen due to many factors . "

to answer those in order...

yes, we would be "sitting on the fence" aka be Neutral. The Middle East has seen enough war, how about a peaceful period? Wouldn't you like to see a peaceful period where the society can simply develop and advance?

Would Kurds bother with Assyrian neutrality? It happened during the PUK-KDP civil war...

if Assyrians will only get cultural, language rights and equal opportunity, than why should Kurds be given independence?

Look how small Switzerland is but not even that size is allowed for us?

Cascade

mrzurnaci said:
Don't forget the very successful and prosperous Luxembourg, which is even smaller.

Cascade

mrzurnaci said:
true but most people know Switzerland than Luxembourg
Doesn't make Luxembourg any less significant though, considering it's the richest country in the world per GDP.

mrzurnaci

Neon said:
Doesn't make Luxembourg any less significant though, considering it's the richest country in the world per GDP.

Luxembourg has a total population of 500k+. Population density @ 222.8/km2 (577.0/sq mi)

Switzerland has total population of 8m. Population density @ 202/km2 (523.2/sq mi)

Switzerland has a Nominal Total GDP of $651.770 billion (2016)

Luxembourg has a Nominal Total GDP of $60.176 billion (2016)

nejepnerast

mrzurnaci said:
Your people and ours live in a region where Religion is pretty much the damn law and you're surprised whether or not religion/sect is important in the community?

Not really  , did not know , but thank you for clarification .

mrzurnaci said:
"Would the Assyrian be sitting on the fence these 100 years ? and would the kurd bother with assyrian at that time ? would the migration of assyrian continue ?
I believe Assyrian and Christians in general  will get their cultural rights, language rights and equal opportunity , but nothing more . In terms of independence or real autonomy , i do not believe that will ever happen due to many factors . "

to answer those in order...

yes, we would be "sitting on the fence" aka be Neutral. The Middle East has seen enough war, how about a peaceful period? Wouldn't you like to see a peaceful period where the society can simply develop and advance?
I certainly understand neutrality and i see no good coming from Assyrian involvement in war torn region and i think i pointed that clearly .The issue or the question was  why would Kurds bother giving any form of autonomy or Independence to Assyrian if they have zero contributions ?. I certainly hope they get some form of autonomy even without contribution , but i do not think many would share my views . 

mrzurnaci said:
Would Kurds bother with Assyrian neutrality? It happened during the PUK-KDP civil war...
if Assyrians will only get cultural, language rights and equal opportunity, than why should Kurds be given independence?
So Kurdistan should then be divided to autonomous Cantons , One for Assyrian , one for Chaldean , one for Turkmans, one for shabak , one for Yazidis ,One for sabaa and mandan , one for shias....etc  ..... They are all unique with deep history in the region . Would you agree ? 

What does given Kurdistan the independence have to do with assyrian given autonomy ? I failed to understand that . Are the two somehow connected ?

Cascade

mrzurnaci said:
Luxembourg has a total population of 500k+. Population density @ 222.8/km2 (577.0/sq mi)

Switzerland has total population of 8m. Population density @ 202/km2 (523.2/sq mi)

Switzerland has a Nominal Total GDP of $651.770 billion (2016)

Luxembourg has a Nominal Total GDP of $60.176 billion (2016)
Our population is more close to 1 million than 8 million (we're 3 million), so we will be more comparable to countries like Luxembourg.

That's the NOMINAL total GDP. Even poor countries (China, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, India) fare quite high in it.

Try this list (gross domestic product at purchasing power parity per capita): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Notice how Qatar, Kuwait, Luxembourg and Norway are at the top? These are rich countries with high standards of living.

mrzurnaci

nejepnerast said:
Not really  , did not know , but thank you for clarification .
no prob.

nejepnerast said:
I certainly understand neutrality and i see no good coming from Assyrian involvement in war torn region and i think i pointed that clearly .The issue or the question was  why would Kurds bother giving any form of autonomy or Independence to Assyrian if they have zero contributions ?. I certainly hope they get some form of autonomy even without contribution , but i do not think many would share my views .

From what I've seen, Assyrians have already contributed, mostly non-military but contributions are contributions.
What kind of contributions? Schools, ideas, and the same things we've contributed to the Persian empires...

nejepnerast said:
So Kurdistan should then be divided to autonomous Cantons , One for Assyrian , one for Chaldean , one for Turkmans, one for shabak , one for Yazidis ,One for sabaa and mandan , one for shias....etc  ..... They are all unique with deep history in the region . Would you agree ? 

What does given Kurdistan the independence have to do with assyrian given autonomy ? I failed to understand that . Are the two somehow connected ?

you're misunderstanding. You're saying we can't seriously get autonomy even though there are fully independent and sovereign countries that have a smaller population than us.

mrzurnaci

Neon said:
Our population is more close to 1 million than 8 million (we're 3 million), so we will be more comparable to countries like Luxembourg.

That's the NOMINAL total GDP. Even poor countries (China, Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia, India) fare quite high in it.

Try this list (gross domestic product at purchasing power parity per capita): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Notice how Qatar, Kuwait, Luxembourg and Norway are at the top? These are rich countries with high standards of living.

our population is 4-5 million and that does make a difference unless you're talking the likely amount of Assyrians that would live in Assyria.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-a-more-useful-measure-to-judge-a-nations-economy-GDP-nominal-or-GDP-PPP-and-why

"GDP per capita (PPP) takes into consideration that the money can buy a different amount of goods in each country."

"GDP stands for Gross Domestic Product. It is the value of all the final goods and services produced within the boundary of a nation during one year."

nejepnerast

mrzurnaci said:
you're misunderstanding. You're saying we can't seriously get autonomy even though there are fully independent and sovereign countries that have a smaller population than us.
realistically , I would have to say no ,however I think mini Quebec  within Kurdistan would be nice , but that is just me romanticizing .

The problem with our region is that no one wants to get to know anyone and everyone thinks that the other is danger to their existence . The nationalists on both sides just keep throwing wood in the fire and that is no good for anybody especially Assyrian .

If there is a chance to establish an assyrian autonomous region , where would that be ? If you can be specific if you are familiar with the region .

mrzurnaci

nejepnerast said:
realistically , I would have to say no ,however I think mini Quebec  within Kurdistan would be nice , but that is just me romanticizing .

The problem with our region is that no one wants to get to know anyone and everyone thinks that the other is danger to their existence . The nationalists on both sides just keep throwing wood in the fire and that is no good for anybody especially Assyrian .

If there is a chance to establish an assyrian autonomous region , where would that be ? If you can be specific if you are familiar with the region .

Nineveh Plains, *plain* and simple.

nejepnerast

Ezidi Kurd said:
There is no difference between DAESH and those Kurds who try to assimilated other ethnic groups. People should stay who they are. Semites (Assyrians) should stay Semitic and Aryans (Kurds) should stay Aryan.
I'm not aware of Kurds trying to assimilate anyone . Has there been any cases ? As far as I know they do not accept non kurds as kurds . Kurdistanis perhaps , but never as Kurds .