Which do you prefer?

• AT&T Wireless

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • T-Mobile

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

atourya

Allo!

Ok, so I'm thinking of switching to T-Mobile... but I wanted to know, what is your experience with both companies? I am sick of AT&T/Cingular. The Rollover is nice, but having the Fav 5's would be the same thing, basically (for me, at least).

Which do you prefer?

I think cali is connected really well as far as Cingular goes....

I have cingular, and I havent had a problem in california.  Drop calls are very rare, and I think the call quality is awesome (audio, quality of voice, etc).

Yeah, my reception has always been great....

See, I was with the original LA Cellular... which AT&T bought to start their wireless service. So I've been with the same service for 10 years or so. AT&T had great customer service... I mean, excellent. But then, while it was Cingular, the service level slumped down. I was going to switch, but then they renamed back to AT&T, so I thought the old service model was coming back.

The customer service still sucks, so I'm thinking about switching. I heard T-Mobile has good service, so that's why I'm considering them.

:blink: :bangin:

AT&T. It works best for LA from my experiences. I've had it since Pac Bell and it's never been a problem with me. In fact, they've been really good to me. Customer service is amazing and they even give me super cheap pricing on a lot of their cell phones and accessories because I've been with them for so long. Every phone I've had, I've gotten $100-150 cheaper than advertised (even though I never get them with the 2 year plan renewal to receive the discounts). Like, I got my Blackjack when it first came out (the first day actually) and I got it for $100 as opposed to, I think it was $300. They never give me problems...if I tell them they charged me incorrectly, they'll take it off no questions asked. Like, the other month I had a charge for a 1.5 hour conversation with someone in Spain. I don't even know anyone in Spain! And they took it off.

As for T-Mobile, one of my friends had it before she switched to AT&T. She lives in LA right by LACC and she used to always have problems with T-Mobile. They'd charge her random fees for things she didn't do or call and when she'd call them they'd apologize, but never take the fees off. One time she got a bill for $600 some for calls to Canada (she doesn't have anyone in Canada) and they said they couldn't take off the fees. So, she had to pay the bill entirely for something she didn't do and then they cut off her service for 3 weeks even though she always paid her bill on time. :blink:

Best customer service is Verizon and T-mobile, respectively.  AT&T is fine if you don't care about how high your bill will get, or you don't have to deal with customer service.  The same can be said for Sprint.  This is overall, not on individual basis. 

T-mobile is the cheapest cellular service in the US, hands down, with the least customer service problems.  It does have less coverage than Verizon, but only matters if you travel a lot.  As long as you're in major cities, you're reception will be fine.  Verizon is more expensive, but you know that ahead of time.  Internet is very slow with T-mobile compared to Verizon, but still pricey with Verizon.  If you really care about internet use, then go with Sprint.

Dude....i cant even believe ur even contemplating between the two!! :whaa:

AT&T all the way....and not because i work for them... lol..  :shades:

Just cuz Tmobile is horrible for service...... :sick:

AT&T is the way to go.....  :wavetowel:

When I had Cingular, I used to get at least $12 in taxes and hidden BS fees (.  I was actually contemplating going back to them (I have T-Mo now), but I don't wanna get ripped off again.  Besides I barely use my phone. 

The only two companies that I used to get complaints for overcharging were Sprint and AT&T (That habit started with Cingular).

jonadona said:
I have Helio too :)

wasnt their slogan it's not a phone it's  way of life or something along those lines?? they always have a bad ass booth at the korean festival and i hear them saying something like that

Close...  It's not a phone, it's a device.  i don't have service, but membership. lol

They do have really nice phones.  They have unlimited web and multimedia messaging, which includes international messaging.  Plus I get 50% off (employee discount) :)

jonadona said:
Close...  It's not a phone, it's a device.  i don't have service, but membership. lol

They do have really nice phones.  They have unlimited web and multimedia messaging, which includes international messaging.  Plus I get 50% off (employee discount) :)
you work for tmobile?

AssyrianBookTa said:
you work for tmobile?

I used to work for a multi-carrier.  Still get the discounts, though.

Naram-Sin said:
I have the Mysto, it's the Samsung U600, bought it last year.  Great phone, really thin.

Why do you have the Mysto????

lol, I have the U600.  One thing I don't like about it is there are no themes for it, and texting is not easy, but I don't text that much so whatever.  The UI is pretty easy to figure out, but I like the Nokia ones better, especially the S60.

Naram-Sin said:
lol, I have the U600.  One thing I don't like about it is there are no themes for it, and texting is not easy, but I don't text that much so whatever.  The UI is pretty easy to figure out, but I like the Nokia ones better, especially the S60.

Ohhh, you have the GSM version.  I''m trying to find a used Ocean.  I need it for work, so I can sync outlook with it.

Back