• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Assyriska FF in the US and other countries

Hanuni

The team need help in marketing the club internationally. They've been in touch with many Assyrian National Associations but the response has not been very positive. My question to you is if you know anyone who has a certain influence of value within the Assyrian community in the US or other countries who can help the establish connections?

baklawa

I'm surprised their having such difficulty given their popularity.  I think it would be tougher in the US simply because soccer isn't as popular.  I believe there is an Assyrian Athletic Club of Chicago.  Try googling that to get their contact information.

Enki

When I was there 3 years ago, I had direct access to the President of the Toronto FC. I encouraged Assyriska to allow me the right to represent them here. I proposed playing against Chicago, Toronto, and an exhibition friendly with Iraq's national team in Detroit.

I know all these events would have been successful but to no avail.

I also suggested joining up with the AANF to make the annual football tournament worth something. I suggested the winner of the Convention football tournament to pay Assyriska in an April 1 (kha b'nisan) special match in the winning team's home city. This would see more Assyrians paying attention to the team and also bring attention to the local teams football clubs.

But, at the time, it wasn't a priority....nor was it a priority to allow merchandising rights to sell over here....nor was it a priority to make them money....but I digress :)

Enki

Sorry, I do have to add this one small yet important point.

As long as Assyirksa is in Superettan, the North American MLS teams will not be as keen to play them.

xxSanhoxx

They need money. Not much, but they need it. They lives only from sponsoring and memberships and this is not much.
Their aim is to go up to allsvenskan league.

Hanuni

The board is a bit incompetent to be frank. It was great when S. De Basso was around. They need more structure and organisation. We should not let them down though. They're doing their best. I contacted one in the staff about the Assyrian Athletic Club, let us see what they will do about everything.

Other Swedish teams most of the times have a whole municipality behind them regarding finance but our team do not have that privilage.

Hanuni

I asked the guy about the webshop and he says it's been going for a while now for English-speaking users also?
http://assyriska.e-way.se/shop.asp

What they truly need is people on place creating small associations in e.g. Germany and the US who know how many souvenirs people want etc.

Free_Assyria

Hanuni said:
I asked the guy about the webshop and he says it's been going for a while now for English-speaking users also?
http://assyriska.e-way.se/shop.asp

What they truly need is people on place creating small associations in e.g. Germany and the US who know how many souvenirs people want etc.

web shop what a joke it doesnt work for people outside of europe lol
mate ive been dealing with this club for over 3 years now and all i can say is its very very poorly run.
Even Sweds know this.

Hanuni

Free_Assyria said:
web shop what a joke it doesnt work for people outside of europe lol
mate ive been dealing with this club for over 3 years now and all i can say is its very very poorly run.
Even Sweds know this.

Even we know that :D We need more educated Assyrians in the top of the team.