Assyriska FF 2013 Season Discussion Thread

SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian said:
SFC have bought some players lately, I believe you'll buy maybe two more. Barsom left though.

Yet another signing by AFF. 24 year old striker Admir Catovic. He played in the Swedish premier league last season (usually not from start). He has signed a contract until the summer. Good signing. I think he and the new coach are both Bosnians so he might get the most out of him.

Yep we signed with lolo, the goalkeeper dejan and the new bosnian striker who seems quite talented (the others aren't really good) but don't forget we lost razak, ijeh, barsom, saleh, durmaz, ivan and imad zatara. That's a lot in comparison with the 3 quoted above, so we're in the sh!t if we don't sign with at least 2 other good players...

Good for AFF!!! What is your best starting 11 right now???

Looks like the new coach is gonna play some kind of 4-3-2-1 (with the 2 being very offensive wingers).

Malmkvist
Batan - Sotirios - Mbye/Samuelsson - Durmaz
Azin - Agai - Danilo
Catovic - Laitinen
Thorstensson

I'm very confused about the top 3 though. Unless Thorstensson plays as a central defender one of him, Jones, or Catovic will be on the bench...unless they play Laitinen in the central midfield. But without having seen any trainings the above looks probably the best to me right now. Maybe replace Catovic with Thorstensson.

Malmkvist, Batan, and Durmaz are the only ones I'm pretty much 100% sure will play and at the same time play in the positions I put them on though.

I think Syrianska will have a very solid starting 11 when it's all said and done but if you get a few injuries it could look dark. The new Bosnian striker scored two goals in the training game today.

Hum, I thought assyriska was more prepared than that, I'm not very confident about the squad, especially the attack. Are you satisfied with this 11?? I mean it's really frustrating, we play in supperettan for a long time now and we never were able to win or be second in this league...

Yeah sure, if we look at the midfield, it looks good with arneng, chanko, baath, michel, dinko, touma, massi, kunic and the new spanish player (I thought he was bad but from what I heard, he played really good against gefle). Plus like you said, Aganovic seems really good, he scored twice and I think he can be even better. The big problem is the defence... We need at least one more defender (skenderovic was at the game yesterday, there is maybe something behind this) and one good attacking midfielder (or razak :p). Then it'll be good if we limit the injuries to 3-4 players (and not 10 at the same time like last year)...

The only place I'm not confident about is the central defense. I'm very excited about the midfield and the attack is also solid. We might not go up this season but we have a team for the future and I think we have a much better team than last season, especially the midfield and attack.

Danilo played like two games last season before getting injured and he looked solid in those, Laitinen is one of the best players in the second tier league but also got injured last season, the coach is raving about Azin, Agai is good from what I've seen, Catovic has to be a solid player for the second tier league if he was regularly in games in the premier league in one of the top teams, Thorstensson an awesome player (even as a central defender), Bachir is equivalent to Ishak, Durmaz has been playing really well in the pre-season games thus far, Batan is Batan, new goalkeeper should also be high level for the second tier league, Ashur Marklund is maybe the best player we have despite his age but I think they'll substitute him into games instead of starting with him since he's also the assistant coach, Jones is a great player but question is if he still has the motivation (not great last season, better at the end), and then we have Nahir who was a central midfield starter last season in a two man midfield but will have to fight to be a starter in a three-man midfield this season.

If SFC get a solid central defender and a good attack as you say then they'll have a very solid starting 11 (definitely better than a couple of the new teams in the league).

AFF season 2012 jersey!!

Amv_0m-CMAEp1G9.jpg

I would've liked the Inter cross but this is still way better than last season!

This is the Inter cross one btw, would've really suited us.

2007-2008+%25281%2529.jpg

The only place I'm not confident about is the central defense. I'm very excited about the midfield and the attack is also solid. We might not go up this season but we have a team for the future and I think we have a much better team than last season, especially the midfield and attack.

Danilo played like two games last season before getting injured and he looked solid in those, Laitinen is one of the best players in the second tier league but also got injured last season, the coach is raving about Azin, Agai is good from what I've seen, Catovic has to be a solid player for the second tier league if he was regularly in games in the premier league in one of the top teams, Thorstensson an awesome player (even as a central defender), Bachir is equivalent to Ishak, Durmaz has been playing really well in the pre-season games thus far, Batan is Batan, new goalkeeper should also be high level for the second tier league, Ashur Marklund is maybe the best player we have despite his age but I think they'll substitute him into games instead of starting with him since he's also the assistant coach, Jones is a great player but question is if he still has the motivation (not great last season, better at the end), and then we have Nahir who was a central midfield starter last season in a two man midfield but will have to fight to be a starter in a three-man midfield this season.

If SFC get a solid central defender and a good attack as you say then they'll have a very solid starting 11 (definitely better than a couple of the new teams in the league).

Yeah the team seems ok if you add all these comments hehe

However, we must aim high... I mean syrianska did it in only two years and they're less organised, they have less money, less big talents in its history and less big sponsors than AFF, so AFF should be stronger than SFC, it's why I was a little critical about the squad ;)

I don't like assyriska jerseys, they aren't enough "assyrian" for me :p I prefer the syrianska one with a big SURYOYE on it lol

I usually like neat & clean ones.

I actually like the white away ones of Syrianska FC more than the striped ones. Striped doesn't suit red and yellow (only striped I remember liking is the Argentina blue/white one and Manchester City away red and black).

Look at this Tottenham one:

puma-tottenham-hotspur-home-kit.jpg

Awesome.

Another awesome:

tottenham-third-shirt1.jpg

I usually like neat & clean ones.

I actually like the white away ones of Syrianska FC more than the striped ones. Striped doesn't suit red and yellow (only striped I remember liking is the Argentina blue/white one and Manchester City away red and black).

Look at this Tottenham one:

puma-tottenham-hotspur-home-kit.jpg

Awesome.

Another awesome:

tottenham-third-shirt1.jpg

There is no accounting for taste ;) but the old black jersey of assyriska was really good too

ohhhhhhhh i so fracking want the new jersey i love it, ive always loved umbro im happy its not the English cross.
I have all of them except for the above and the special light blue one.

as soon as it comes on the online shop im grabbing it, what about the away jersey?

AlexSuryoyo said:
There is no accounting for taste ;) but the old black jersey of assyriska was really good too
That first Tottenham one I posted with red instead of white and yellow instead of blue with the SFC emblem of course at the same place as the Tottenham one and then Suryoye in yellow in the middle. That could've been something.

Use these colors:

528x300.jpg

I'm telling you.

The current one reminds me of some random French team you saw on Eurogoals on Eurosport in the past. Everyone thinks the striped Galatasaray ones are ugly.

5331135257_1e538cd0ba.jpg

Ugh. SFC's is better but not by much (the red color of SFC is much nicer though).

We should've gone with the cross added with something Assyrian...

1235620740_d01121f6b6_o.jpg

One of the nicest kits ever. It has freaking won awards.

we won. 1-0.

Jones Kusi Asare has left and we have signed Fuad Hyseni. Both strikers.

Starting too feel a little like we have a too new team this season. I hope the new coach gets time to build something.

Both AFF and SFC have some injury/sickness problems. Has to be the grass of the pitch.

Looks like a "real Assyrian" is test playing with SFC. First time ever I believe.

Younan Samra. Maybe some users here from Canada know him?

Hehe AFF have Syriacs, SFC Assyrians, it's maybe the time for us to merge AFF and SFC :p

Syrianska begins to look good btw :) I think 2012 will be a better season than 2011. I hope the same for AFF!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think AFF have had that many players from the other churches either though. The new David Azin might be (his dad is Assyrian but I don't know which church) and they had Narsai Shaba and Imad Chhadeh last season.

Durmaz, G. Awrohum, N. Awrohum, Besara, Batan, Makdessi, Yousef, Katourgi are all from the Syriac church.

Not surprising though since people from the Syriac church are a majority in Sweden.

guys is there going to be a break in august for Superattan? because of the euro.
I might be going europe again so I want to come in summer and when Assyriska is playing.
Hopefully this time i hope they win when i come.

Back