• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Assyrians in Dubai UAE

Shamsa

Hi

am shamsa from United Arab Emirates and I'am a new member to this forum , I really like the Assyrian culture and am looking for Assyrian friends who live in Dubai city, I hope that it is the right place to write this post :p

Regards :)

Shamsa

Hi

do you mean how did I know about it?

Actually I studied about the history of the fertile cresent in school , but I knew nothing about the modern life of Assyrians until one day
I was watching TV and I found a channel called ( Ishtar) , I saw the dance that you guys were dancing in ( Aketo) celebration , then I surfed the internet to know more about that dance and that celebration, I read a lot about Assyrians , the 1933 massacre, the large number of Assyrians in sweden, I'am still downloading videos of their dances , weddings , I listen to some singers like Sargon Gabriel, Guliana Jendo, Sargon bet Sargis , Linda George although I understand nothing , and I learnt how to dance on yemma yemma song :p .

the_dave

Welcome friend, good to see that others like Assyria culture too. you are welcome to ask anything and check up everything here on the forum... you probably will get a lot of help and learn a lot about Assyrians here... Are you Arabic? or do you have another background and just live in UAE

Shamsa

Thank you my friend I know that I will get a lot of help from kind people like Assyrians, yes am Arbian and khaleejia ( from gulf countries) ^_^

Lovemoon

hi  :welcome3:

I know some girl from Canada that works there, but i don't know how can you get in touch with her. :imsorry: