• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

assyrianlanguage.com

borota

Hi,
I am new here. My name is Greg. I am not Assyrian or modern Aramaic speaking, I am from Europe.

I am fascinated by the fact that Aramaic is still spoken today, was totally oblivious to the fact. Like probably most of the world, I thought Middle East all spoke Arabic only.

I restored an almost complete copy of assyrianlanguage.com from archive.org. Just a couple of more advanced lessons are missing some of the sound files.

Does anybody know how to get a hold of Alan Aldawood, to see if I can get his permission to popularize online the restored copy?
It has *all* the copyright notices and attribution to him, exactly as the original site. I am confused a little by his copyright notice, in one place it would seem he's OK to create a copy of his work, as long as all the copyright notices are in place.

Greg

Last edited:

borota

A restored copy from archive.org. I find it very useful. Also sounds are played inside the browser. Enjoy!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Greg, great to have you and to know you have interest in our language.

Honestly, I wouldn’t know how to get in touch with him, but that was one of the websites I used to visit as far back as late 90s as it was one of the oldest Assyrian websites online and a first for helping others learn about our language.

ASHOOR