Assyrian women has stopped breeding

LOL@breeding like rabbits.

Great topic and one I have talked about extensively in the past.

I don't think it is a problem with Assyrians in general, but Assyrians in the west. If our Assyrians back home continue to have at least 4 children each, we will be fine. Anything less and we are doomed.

Please read my article from about 5 years ago, about the need to have more babies and how Assyrian organizations should give financial incentives for Assyrians back home to have more babies: http://www.assyrianvoice.net/emagazine/population.htm

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
It is funny, just posed this story: http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=41384

Looks like we are not alone in this. It is just getting harder to have babies these days lol.

ASHOOR
according to most patterns i see, countries with bad or medium income have alot more population growth, countries like the united states, as with the use of prophylactics and "the Pill" and abortion, population either goes down or purposely stagnate.

but don't forget to look at fertility rates

in the U.S. the fertility rate is 2-3 kids, the rate in Iraq is 5-6 kids, Syria is 3-4 kids.

Also the Birth rate for U.S. is 13 or 14 births per 1,000 people, Iraq has 30+ births per 1,000 people, same with Syria.

It all comes down to where you live and Social influence and how strong the influence.

ASHOOR said:
LOL@breeding like rabbits.

Great topic and one I have talked about extensively in the past.

I don't think it is a problem with Assyrians in general, but Assyrians in the west. If our Assyrians back home continue to have at least 4 children each, we will be fine. Anything less and we are doomed.

Please read my article from about 5 years ago, about the need to have more babies and how Assyrian organizations should give financial incentives for Assyrians back home to have more babies: http://www.assyrianvoice.net/emagazine/population.htm

ASHOOR

Well Ashur, your article is interesting too. However I think that idea or concept is not working! ie: ?have more kids for our nation or Umta?, Because simply most of our women are Not that nationalistic.

We should take this subject out of the political concept of ?Breed or Parish? because it is not working. And our couples don?t care about umta.

Our women are not as nationalistic as the Jewish women of the Cabots, who never stop breeding until their body clock dose.

But lets think about it in a ?Human nature? concept, a woman on TV said something that is what I am trying to say which was ?Children are the most precious things in our life?. End of quote

So I ask why you wouldn?t have more of them while you can?

I remember recently a family that had one boy and that boy was recently killed in an accident. So what now for that ?family?? They are going to live their life with out any kids? The world out there is a risky environment for having just one kid! You have to get you some spares! Get 4 or 6 don?t do it for Umta just to it for your own sake. After all ?Children are the most precious things in our life?.

Moneer Cherie said:
Well Ashur, your article is interesting too. However I think that idea or concept is not working! ie: “have more kids for our nation or Umta”, Because simply most of our women are Not that nationalistic.

We should take this subject out of the political concept of “Breed or Parish” because it is not working. And our couples don’t care about umta.

Our women are not as nationalistic as the Jewish women of the Cabots, who never stop breeding until their body clock dose.

But lets think about it in a “Human nature” concept, a woman on TV said something that is what I am trying to say which was “Children are the most precious things in our life”. End of quote

So I ask why you wouldn’t have more of them while you can?

I remember recently a family that had one boy and that boy was recently killed in an accident. So what now for that “family”? They are going to live their life with out any kids? The world out there is a risky environment for having just one kid! You have to get you some spares! Get 4 or 6 don’t do it for Umta just to it for your own sake. After all “Children are the most precious things in our life”.
thats the question, I think i remember someone who answered, but why aren't many assyrians nationalistic? is it because parents arent nationalistic? or is because parents forced nationalism so they disapprove of it? I know someone answered it here before.

edit///// oh yea Jacob answered it but I forgot his answer.

Spare kids?  Yes this is more convincing :dry:  No one has more than one kid with the intention of having those "extra" kids as spares to the first one. 

Do any of you have kids of your own? If so, how many?  I don't think the people crying about people not having enough kids realize how difficult it is to raise kids. 

Good luck convincing your wives to have 6 kids, especially if your living in the west, married to an educated women, and aren't living with extended family. 

litleesoda said:
Spare kids?  Yes this is more convincing :dry:  No one has more than one kid with the intention of having those "extra" kids as spares to the first one. 

Do any of you have kids of your own? If so, how many?  I don't think the people crying about people not having enough kids realize how difficult it is to raise kids. 

Good luck convincing your wives to have 6 kids, especially if your living in the west, married to an educated women, and aren't living with extended family. 
my nana gave birth to 10 kids and fed them all and raised them all.

but yea it is hard to raise kids, especially making sure they're well fed, and morally good, if not nationalistic.
A good number of kids, *if your worried about your sanity* is at least 3-4

mrzurnaci said:
my nana gave birth to 10 kids and fed them all and raised them all.

but yea it is hard to raise kids, especially making sure they're well fed, and morally good, if not nationalistic.
A good number of kids, *if your worried about your sanity* is at least 3-4

Ya most of our grandmas had a lot of kids, but they didn't live in the west, they usually did not have an education, and for the most part lived they lived with extended family.

Every Assyrian family in the west should have at least 3 kids. 4 would be great. 2 means our destruction.

Id rather have 2 healthy kids, raise them good,make sure I provide them with everything than having 10 kids and not provide them with thier needs.... I cant see my kid being hungry and I dont have money to feed them. Plus when I have kids id quit work and just be with them and raise them till they are in school so I cant make my husband work day and night. We have to think about it this way and not say oh muslim people are more.. They live on streets :)

I've never understood the whole "Us vs. Them" mentality.  I don't live my life trying to compete with other nationalities and I'm not going to have a certain number of kids because I/Assyrians need to compete with others.  I can't live my life thinking that everyone is out to get me because I'm Assyrian.  That mentality doesn't make for a very enjoyable life. 

So you're going to waste your life from now until 35+?  Why are you waiting until then to make things enjoyable?

Changes can be anything to make your life enjoyable. 

litleesoda said:
So you're going to waste your life from now until 35+?  Why are you waiting until then to make things enjoyable?

Changes can be anything to make your life enjoyable. 
there is no enjoyable....

That’s unfair to blame an Assyrian women for something that society has changed over time.
Let’s face it this no one is having kids like they use to, our parents generation were in different economic conditions, back then one person would work and they would feed 10 people. Now two people have to work just to survive if you want a good quality life for your children you need to be earning above average wage. I’m not talking about a bugaboo pram or an ipad 2 for your kids I’m talking about education, healthcare and housing.
I would love to have 10 kids but i don’t want to compromise their quality of life.

Free_Assyria said:
That’s unfair to blame an Assyrian women for something that society has changed over time.
Let’s face it this no one is having kids like they use to, our parents generation were in different economic conditions, back then one person would work and they would feed 10 people. Now two people have to work just to survive if you want a good quality life for your children you need to be earning above average wage. I’m not talking about a bugaboo pram or an ipad 2 for your kids I’m talking about education, healthcare and housing.
I would love to have 10 kids but i don’t want to compromise their quality of life.

we can have 10 kids, we just need to stop buying them useless crap and wisely spend our money. Have enough to pay the necessary bills like the house, water, heat etc. and never go into debt even if u think you can pay it off.

mrzurnaci said:
we can have 10 kids, we just need to stop buying them useless crap and wisely spend our money. Have enough to pay the necessary bills like the house, water, heat etc. and never go into debt even if u think you can pay it off.

you didnt read my post, im not sure what country you live in, but here in australia heat, water, gas, electricity, education, food is expensive having 10 mouths to feed is not easy.

Free_Assyria said:
you didnt read my post, im not sure what country you live in, but here in australia heat, water, gas, electricity, education, food is expensive having 10 mouths to feed is not easy.
USA

Back