Assyrian women has stopped breeding

litleesoda said:
Spare kids?  Yes this is more convincing :dry:  No one has more than one kid with the intention of having those "extra" kids as spares to the first one.  

Do any of you have kids of your own? If so, how many?   I don't think the people crying about people not having enough kids realize how difficult it is to raise kids.  

Good luck convincing your wives to have 6 kids, especially if your living in the west, married to an educated women, and aren't living with extended family.  

But you didn?t give a solution to this problem? You are not going to have kids because you are not nationalistic, you are not going to have kids because you may lose your only child at any time, especially in the west. So what next? That was the topic?

While chatting to a Kurdish guy face to face he told me, look you people only have two kids and educate them and?bla bla But we on the other hands have 10 kids, he said his father married four wives, So now we are living in ?our? homeland ?Kurd?n? While you have no homeland living in the west facing extension.

Was he right or not?   

~..Parkhaneeta..~ said:
Id rather have 2 healthy kids, raise them good,make sure I provide them with everything than having 10 kids and not provide them with thier needs.... I cant see my kid being hungry and I dont have money to feed them. Plus when I have kids id quit work and just be with them and raise them till they are in school so I cant make my husband work day and night. We have to think about it this way and not say oh muslim people are more.. They live on streets :)

What if you marry a rich guy, or a well to do guy and live in a mansion? will the number go to 4?

Hanuni said:
Every Assyrian family in the west should have at least 3 kids. 4 would be great. 2 means our destruction.
lol 
BEAUTIFUL HANUNI! .. best solution!

but i would just like to make some smaaall "changes" -->  every assyrian family!  (not just in the west!) every and each family!

like Moneer asked--> if the girl was married to a rich guy would she get 4 kids?
-->if it was ME who was married to a rich guy, i would  get 100 kids (all boys) and raise them, to "support" our assyrian nation "that is left!"
(my husband is not gonna do ANYTHING with a 100 million in his /qora!/ grave)

(call me old)-->i dont have that "nowdays" brain of --> "go out!, have fun!, and leave everyyyything behiiiiind!"
i dont want us (assyrians) to extinct. and i dont think of any joy in life, without other assyrians! (around me, supporting me).

Moneer Cherie said:
But you didn?t give a solution to this problem? You are not going to have kids because you are not nationalistic, you are not going to have kids because you may lose your only child at any time, especially in the west. So what next? That was the topic?

While chatting to a Kurdish guy face to face he told me, look you people only have two kids and educate them and?bla bla But we on the other hands have 10 kids, he said his father married four wives, So now we are living in ?our? homeland ?Kurd?n? While you have no homeland living in the west facing extension.

Was he right or not?   

I did not say I am not nationalistic.  Just because someone does not want to have 10 kids as a way to compete with muslims, does not mean they are not nationalistic.  I'm not about to have kids left and right because it will help increase our numbers.  If I can't be a good parent and give them all the attention they want and need, then what kind of life can I give them?  Why would I want them to live as some muslims do? I don't want to have kids running around, without discipline, unkempt, obnoxious, etc because I want to keep up with the muslims next door.  Besides, it comes down to quality vs. quantity.  I rather raise a couple of nasheh, instead of ten haywaneh.  I think this is more beneficial to our people, then just raising our numbers. 

litleesoda said:
I did not say I am not nationalistic.  Just because someone does not want to have 10 kids as a way to compete with muslims, does not mean they are not nationalistic.  I'm not about to have kids left and right because it will help increase our numbers.  If I can't be a good parent and give them all the attention they want and need, then what kind of life can I give them?  Why would I want them to live as some muslims do? I don't want to have kids running around, without discipline, unkempt, obnoxious, etc because I want to keep up with the muslims next door.  Besides, it comes down to quality vs. quantity.  I rather raise a couple of nasheh, instead of ten haywaneh.  I think this is more beneficial to our people, then just raising our numbers. 

I don’t know were the number 10 came from? If you read my first post when I opened this subject with “who do you know have 6 kids” So to me even 6 were a big number!

I don’t want you to compete with Muslims or kurds, that was Ashoor’s concept in his article, not mine. I looked at it from a humanistic concept, “I like kids so I am going to have 4 or 6” I don’t want to have 1 or 2 that’s too risky for me.

Of course I too don’t want to have 4 or 6 kids and all graduate from jails. But there are people who can do it but they still don’t? I know very rich families with only two kids?

I understand your logic, but not every family that has 2 kids both graduate from universities? Otherwise with this logic we would have been the highest intellectuals on earth, but you know we are not? So what’s the point of having 2 kids, I personally like the number 4.   

shekwanta said:
like Moneer asked--> if the girl was married to a rich guy would she get 4 kids?
-->if it was ME who was married to a rich guy, i would  get 100 kids (all boys) and raise them, to "support" our assyrian nation "that is left!"
(my husband is not gonna do ANYTHING with a 100 million in his /qora!/ grave)

(call me old)-->i dont have that "nowdays" brain of --> "go out!, have fun!, and leave everyyyything behiiiiind!"
i dont want us (assyrians) to extinct. and i dont think of any joy in life, without other assyrians! (around me, supporting me).

I like your thinking!

we can get the pressure off the women and take up eugenic cloning
maybe add nightvision as red eyes and bullet proof muscles to our genetics  :shades:

I just saw this thread so forgive me for replying so late. For those of you who said they wanted so many children and so on, first off GOOD LUCK! Lol and second, you guys are obviously not married and still young ones. I'm 29 y/o married with 3 girls under the age of 6 and also cared for my father in law til he passed recently dec 1st and let  me tell u it is not easy!! Whether ur married to a guy who's rich or not wouldn't make any difference on getting easier. I am proud to say that I have done everything for my kids myself, 24/7 all the duties that come with being a mother. Dont get me wrong, i have family here but I try not to depend on anyone or make them feel like they have to watch my kids. I use my "babysitters" wisely and try to use them for only weddings that are mandatory. I see many moms who throw their kids to their parents or in laws and for me I don't think I can ever do that, I'd feel bad bc they had their time to raise their own kids.
I agree with the person who said they'd have enough kids to be able to care for them and provide for them even if it was just one or two.

Back