Assyrian Muslim ethnic group?

Assyrian_Anonymous said:
I doubt those Assyrian Muslims even take Islam seriously because they might be more of a secular Muslim.
I hope that inside they're not true believers. But you wouldn't know.

I have met some here in Sweden, they don't call themselves Assyrian. They say that they are arabs and they only speak arabic. They see themselves as muslims. They are mostly known for being clan members and criminals

Kebabs?s said:
I have met some here in Sweden, they don't call themselves Assyrian. They say that they are arabs and they only speak arabic. They see themselves as muslims. They are mostly known for being clan members and criminals
That's actually good to hear. Not only the idea of an "Assyrian Muslim" is disheartening to me, but the fact that they're crime members on top of that? Yep, they can identify themselves as Arabs for all I care. Btw, Arab goes well with Islam, just like milk and sugar. So they're doing themselves some justice.

Mhallami are not even ethnic Assyrian people anyway. They're an Arab tribe who happen to speak Aramaic (Western Neo-Aramaic, which is not even part of the Assyrian language family). Just the same way the Irish are not English, even though they predominantly speak English.

Neon said:
That's actually good to hear. Not only the idea of an "Assyrian Muslim" is disheartening to me, but the fact that they're crime members on top of that? Yep, they can identify themselves as Arabs for all I care. Btw, Arab goes well with Islam, just like milk and sugar. So they're doing themselves some justice.

Mhallami are not even ethnic Assyrian people anyway. They're an Arab tribe who happen to speak Aramaic (Western Neo-Aramaic, which is not even part of the Assyrian language family). Just the same way the Irish are not English, even though they predominantly speak English.
i don't mean that everyone is a criminal but they are mostly know for being the leading clan in some districts in Gothenburg. And they are also much stronger in Germany with clans like Miri and Al zein which had one of the most wanted criminals

Kebabs?s said:
i don't mean that everyone is a criminal but they are mostly know for being the leading clan in some districts in Gothenburg. And they are also much stronger in Germany with clans like Miri and Al zein which had one of the most wanted criminals
Yes I know.

What about actual Assyrians? Are they also notorious in Sweden (where they're part of gangs, etc)? I hope not.

Neon said:
Yes I know.

What about actual Assyrians? Are they also notorious in Sweden (where they're part of gangs, etc)? I hope not.
Yes some are like Syrianska br?draskapet and original gangsters

Back