Assyrian Cookbook (Spiral Bound)

Hilda66

Just a little update... after selling out of the first printing of "Mom's Authentic Assyrian Recipes", and getting numerous requests for a spiral bound version of the book, they are now available for sale at the link below. The spiral bound allows the book to remain open and lay flat while cooking.

http://www.momsauthenticassyrianrecipes.com/

Hilda66 said:
Just a little update... after selling out of the first printing of "Mom's Authentic Assyrian Recipes", and getting numerous requests for a spiral bound version of the book, they are now available for sale at the link below. The spiral bound allows the book to remain open and lay flat while cooking.

http://www.momsauthenticassyrianrecipes.com/
:kiss:

You're Awesome.  :bigarmhug:

good for you for buying it Atourina. Did you tell Hilda 'I found you through AVN'? lol jk (where else could you have heard about it anyway)

ASHOOR

Hilda66 said:
Thank You Atourina,

The book is in the mail! Hope you enjoy it!

oh i will.. and if i dont.. my bf will enjoy it  :lol:

ASHOOR said:
good for you for buying it Atourina. Did you tell Hilda 'I found you through AVN'? lol jk (where else could you have heard about it anyway)

ASHOOR

:giggle:  yeah, no kidding.. if only there was another way to sell these books.. i bet my church would sell them.. but then again, most older assyrian ladies already know how to cook  :blush2:

:giggle:  yeah, no kidding.. if only there was another way to sell these books.. i bet my church would sell them.. but then again, most older assyrian ladies already know how to cook  :blush2:
[/quote]

Yea, the older ladies are definitely not my best customers!  :giggle:

Believe it or not, most of my customers find my site by googling "Assyrian Cookbook". A lot of them are nikhrayeh (non-assyrian) trying to learn how to cook for their Assyrian husbands. I also occasionally sell it on ebay, amazon, in an Assyrian store in Chicago, and I have a lot of links on other Assyrian websites... every bit of advertising helps!

:clap: :clap:  i just got it in the mail!!!  Thanks soo much Hilda!!  I cant wait to start cooking  :yourock: :bigarmhug:

How about trying to sell your books in assyrian markets.  I know Modesto has a couple. I'm Assyrian and everything goes with my 88 year old mom.  I'm happy to be getting the book and it would probably be interesting for cooks who like to try different ethnic food.

I just wanted to bump this thread to give Hilda another shout-out.  I absolutely LOVE this cookbook.  I've tried so many of the recipes and they've come out perfectly.  In the past I had tried to get my aunt to teach me a couple of her dishes, but her instructions were always vague and never easy to follow.  Not only are Hilda's recipes user friendly, but the dishes I've made actually came out BETTER than some of the older women in my family.  I gotta say, the BEST part is seeing the looks on their faces and hearing them ask "attee qam odetla aya?!"  :mrgreen:

Good to hear good reviews about this cook book because i want another one!

My sister gave me one its by Sandra Bakos "The secret recipes of Babylon" It lists the ingredients needed on one page with the instructions (which are not very detailed) and the following page is a giant picture of the meal mmmmm

(it even has "how to make pacha" )  :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

baklawa said:
I just wanted to bump this thread to give Hilda another shout-out.  I absolutely LOVE this cookbook.  I've tried so many of the recipes and they've come out perfectly.  In the past I had tried to get my aunt to teach me a couple of her dishes, but her instructions were always vague and never easy to follow.  Not only are Hilda's recipes user friendly, but the dishes I've made actually came out BETTER than some of the older women in my family.  I gotta say, the BEST part is seeing the looks on their faces and hearing them ask "attee qam odetla aya?!"  :mrgreen:

What can I say, except I LOVE YOU! I love hearing that people are using my book and getting good results! :2hearts:

Hilda! Our family has your cookbook! So nice to see you on here :) I was browsing Amazon, and I came across such a great find. Thank you for the time you put into it. xoxo

Hilda, tell me when it is possible to buy with a card from one country, and have it shipped to another. I still want that book!!!

Back