Assyrian Church Thriving under new patriarch

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Over the weekend, another bishop was consercrated in the Assyrian Church of the East, the second in as many months.

Rev?d Fr Ninos Elya is the new Bishop-Elect for the Diocese of Victoria and New Zealand, blessed by the hands of of His Holiness Mar Gewargis III Sliwa. He will officially be called Mar. Beniamin Elya. Born in 1985, this makes him the youngest bishop in the Assyrian Church of the East.

19554689_10211940814248584_1484696729538905631_n.jpg

009-2-660x330.jpg

Last month, Mar Apris Youkhanna was conscrated as bishop for Arbil, and a special assistant to His Holiness Mar Gewargis III Sliwa.  Also last month a new priest was ordained in Iraq (Arbil - see link here

And earlier in the year, another priest (father Augin Dawood) in Bagdad was elevated to the status of bishop for the archdiocese of Baghdad and Kirkuk in Iraq.

Happy to say, thanks to his active leadership, the Assyrian Church of the East is thriving once again under His Holiness Mar Gewargis III Sliwa.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
Video of the moment Mar Giwargis announces the name of the new bishop- Mar Beniamin Elya!

What am emotional video: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10211963108325922&id=1018943515

Ashoor

Congratulations to him but I couldn't care less. Why is an annunciation of a bishop of any importance?

Bronit Omta said:
Congratulations to him but I couldn't care less. Why is an annunciation of a bishop of any importance?
Was about to say that. It isn't even biblical, to start with. According to the scriptures, the only mediator between man and god is Jesus. There's a reason why the curtains ripped when Jesus died. I don't understand how Catholics and Orthodox have deviated away so much from the New Testament. They're being too similar to Jews and Sanhedrin.

Back