Assyrian Christmas Songs On WBEZ91.5

Hanuni

Hey Guys!

I tipped the radio station about some Assyrian Christmas songs and I came 1st. They interviewed 3 of us this day where they asked me about the songs and a bit of my family history. It will be aired on Wednesday if I am not wrong, I will come out with more information later. Also, do not judge my English lol.

Yay! See what happens when we try? We get #1! Thank you so much for doing this, I couldn't find ANYONE from Chicago! I'll be listening for you!

ateelaW said:
Yay! See what happens when we try? We get #1! Thank you so much for doing this, I couldn't find ANYONE from Chicago! I'll be listening for you!

Thanks Waleeta. I am pretty sure I mentioned you as a member or friend on an American Assyrian community who tipped me about the contest also  :mrgreen:

Hanuni said:
Hey Guys!

I tipped the radio station about some Assyrian Christmas songs and I came 1st. They interviewed 3 of us this day where they asked me about the songs and a bit of my family history. It will be aired on Wednesday if I am not wrong, I will come out with more information later. Also, do not judge my English lol.

Congrats!  Which Assyrian songs will they be playing?  And what time on Wednesday?  Chicago time zone, right?

Hanuni said:
I tipped them about both 2 western and 2 eastern when they requested more songs and in the end they picked the first one I sent and another one, which are these two:
Assyrian Christmas song
Syriac rhythms and hymns (Christmas hymn)

I do not know the time yet though but I will post it as soon as I know.

Oh OK nice!  I like the second song.  It's nice both of the songs are Christ-centered.  Those who don't understand the language might think the first song is just an Assyrian version of Jingle Bells but other than the melody, it's not.  :) 

ISay said:
Oh OK nice!  I like the second song.  It's nice both of the songs are Christ-centered.  Those who don't understand the language might think the first song is just an Assyrian version of Jingle Bells but other than the melody, it's not.  :) 

I told them it was an Assyrian version of the Jingle Bells. Do not remember if I merely refered to the melody in the interview or before it :giggle:. It will be broadcasted on Radio M I believe and I will get the time later on hopefully.

You did a great job, Hanuni!  I heard it.  Your English is very good.  English is probably your third language, right?  Great job!  :)  It was nice to hear the Assyrian songs on air. 

ISay said:
You did a great job, Hanuni!  I heard it.  Your English is very good.  English is probably your third language, right?   Great job!  :)  It was nice to hear the Assyrian songs on air. 

Thanks! It is my third language. They did not bring along the part where I mentioned persecution and oppression by the Turkish government and tribal Kurds though lol :)

Back