• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Assyrian Books

Free_Assyria

Zawoyo said:
Yes, there is. The second part is called "Tiglat - Sohn des K?nigs" in German, which means "Tiglat - Son of the King" in English. But problem is that the titles of books and films are not always a direct translation from language to language. You have to google that or so. I couldn?t find something, my google favors wibsites from Germany.
have you read the 2nd part? and what is it about? where does the story pick up from?

Nohra St said:
Sorry - which book is everyone going on about? Ashur the Assyrian or "Of Dragons and Violins?"
The Assyrian

Zawoyo

Free_Assyria said:
have you read the 2nd part? and what is it about? where does the story pick up from?
Yes, I did. And it is very nice, too, in my point of view not as good as the first part but definitely worth to read!
The 2nd part is continuation of the storry from the first part. Do you really want to know details about the content of the 2nd part? Don´t you want to surprise yourself? :)

Free_Assyria said:
The Assyrian
by Nicholas Guild ;)

Free_Assyria

Zawoyo said:
Yes, I did. And it is very nice, too, in my point of view not as good as the first part but definitely worth to read!
The 2nd part is continuation of the storry from the first part. Do you really want to know details about the content of the 2nd part? Don?t you want to surprise yourself? :)

by Nicholas Guild ;)
without ruining for me and others ill send you a pm. lol

Free_Assyria said:
Great book that links ancient Assyrians to modern.

7/10

Again another book on Assyrian linkage from ancient to modern i actually enjoyed this book more than Fred’s other book below.

7/10
Which of these two books do you recommend for most detail about Assyrians during early Christianity?

Gonna buy that "The Assyrian" novel. Seems good.

Also found the Swedish book the_dave posted at home.

Free_Assyria

SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian said:
Which of these two books do you recommend for most detail about Assyrians during early Christianity?

Gonna buy that "The Assyrian" novel. Seems good.

Also found the Swedish book the_dave posted at home.
freds book.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Just saw this new book on Amazon. It is very new (just a few days old as per Amazon)

Assyrians post-Nineveh: identity, fragmentation, conflict and survival (672 BC - 1920): A study of Assyrogenous communities [Paperback]
Dr Racho Donef (Author)

Book Description
Publication Date: December 16, 2012

This study examines the distant past to see the connection between Imperial Assyria and the Assyrians in the nineteenth century and the hypothesis that the Assyrians identity is purely a western construct of the nineteenth century. There have been a number of studies, which discuss the Assyrians, continuity of their culture from Ancient times, and identity. However, this study examines a number of sources, which by and large, have not been utilised. Many travellers, missionaries, and explorers, travelled to the East between the sixteenth and nineteenth centuries and wrote about the peoples they visited. Furthermore, there are Vatican sources, which up to now have not been used in the study of the religious schisms among the Assyrian communities. These primary accounts in French, Latin, Spanish and English and certain Greek sources shed light to the problematic. Sources in Turkish, often as translated documents from Arabic and Syriac, clarified the extant information.

link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0987423908/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=assyrianvoi04-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0987423908

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
iranianb said:
I just got my second book published which is about Assyrians in Iranian Azerbaijan...a non fiction about one family history starting in Golpashan village outside Urmieh. You can see it on Amazon at: http://www.amazon.com/Shamshone-Assyria-Brian-H-Appleton/dp/1621478084/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1363747022&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=shoshone%2C+sun+of+assyria#reader_1621478084

or on my website at www.zirzameen.com

My thanks,
Brian Appleton

Congratulations on the new book, thanks for sharing. Will read more about it on Amazon, or feel free to tell us more about it and what got you to write about this?

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
New Book:  Liberating Iraq: The Untold Story of the Assyrian Christians

http://http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1939521009/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1939521009&linkCode=as2&tag=assyrianvoi04-20

This is the story of the Iraqi war written by one of the only people in Iraq without a minder. It is based on the author's own personal insights as an Assyrian Christian over a period of several years, which were drawn from meetings with the Iraqi Prime Minister, President, Foreign Minister, top US and international officials, and the Iraqi people themselves. It reveals what happened to the weapons of mass destruction, and it tells of the horrors experienced by those who worked for the Iraqi government and what life was like under Saddam. It describes the days leading up to the war, the first relief convoy to cross the border into Iraq following the war, and the tremendous success of the nearly 400,000 Americans who fanned out across Iraq to love and save the nation only to now be on the verge of seeing that success lost. Liberating Iraq will appeal to those who served in Iraq, their family members and anyone who wants to know the truth about what really happened.

ASHOOR