• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

ASSYRIA TV - THE LIGHT OF YOUR NATION!

the_dave

Hey guys here are some updates about the project.

As you all probably saw the project was rescheduled because of organizational stuff. However this has been fixed and the project is back up and being under construction. The federations in Sweden decided that the project will continue but as an independent association under the Assyrian federations.

So i am glad to inform you about the new organization that will handle the TV-question. It is called "Assyriska Media Institutet" or in english "Assyrian Media Institution". I myself wont be working as a project manager anymore since i have to continue with my studies. But now that the new association has a new board and that people want to have this TV it will probably go just fine. Just a little bit later than we expected.  

So lets all wish the new people involved in this project and the new association "Assyrian media institution" a good luck and lets hope the result will be as planned.

Stay tuned friends...

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update Dave and hope to see the great efforts coming to fruition soon.

Ashoor

Westassyrian

the_dave//

Oj vad l?ng tid detta projekt har tagit men men, nu n?r du inte ?r med l?ngre vet du om de p? n?got s?tt kommer att ?ndra p? uppl?gget av kanalen? t?nker p? oms?ttningen, kvaliten, textningen etc

Vet du n?got om dom?nen .com f?r hemsidan, kommer de f?rs?ka fixa det s? det blir .com?

Tack f?r all uppdatering det uppskattas!

xnicksomox

Lol when I posted about Kaldu.TV earlier everyone thought it was a bad idea I guess just because it didn't say Assyria in it you guys didn't like it. :p

What dialect is the network going to use?

What is the main focus? Like is it news, church, entertainment...etc?

the_dave

xnicksomox said:
Lol when I posted about Kaldu.TV earlier everyone thought it was a bad idea I guess just because it didn't say Assyria in it you guys didn't like it. :p

What dialect is the network going to use?

What is the main focus? Like is it news, church, entertainment...etc?
it will use both dialects, east and west. Swedish and english. Later hopefully german, arabic etc...

the goal is to cover everything...

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Nick, I don't remember your post about a Chaldean TV channel, can you give me the link please?

ASHOOR

Free_Assyria

xnicksomox said:
Yeah but Chaldean is different than East Assyrian lol that's why I asked. I guess you won't have any Chaldeans watch.
You are such a fu©king douche bag, I still believe you are trolling.
Ekhret nasha mahyot with your stupid posts.

Hanuni

xnicksomox said:
Yeah but Chaldean is different than East Assyrian lol that's why I asked. I guess you won't have any Chaldeans watch.
Chaldean is eastern Assyrian. And eastern Assyrian is split into a Chaldean and Nestorian dialect.

xnicksomox

Yup and Chaldean is different than "Nestorian" East Assyrian. Lol thanks for the unnecessary correction.

Lol free_Assyria again good for you.

Hanuni

xnicksomox said:
Yup and Chaldean is different than "Nestorian" East Assyrian. Lol thanks for the unnecessary correction.

Lol free_Assyria again good for you.
It is a very necessary correction, if you're able to get the logic behind it.

xnicksomox

Ok then this is also a necesssary correction:

Chaldean is the dialect of East Syriac, another dialect of the language Aramaic.

no Assyrian language only Assyrian and Chaldean dialects. ;)

Hanuni

xnicksomox said:
Ok then this is also a necesssary correction:

Chaldean is the dialect of East Syriac, another dialect of the language Aramaic.

no Assyrian language only Assyrian and Chaldean dialects. ;)
Not really. Chaldean is not the dialect of east Syriac. Liturgal eastern Chaldean Assyrian would be what one consider east Syriac. And that variant is indifferent from the Nestorian Assyrians variant of liturgal east Syriac.

All of us speak Assyrian and our language is of course divided into 2 major dialects; western and eastern. Western is divided into Mlahso and Turoyo, although from what I know Mlahso is dead now.

Rumtaya

its syriac, then its east and west.....where as west is turoyo and east is what members of the two church of the east and the chaldean catholic church talk. El basta! I think the east dialect is called "swadaya" or...correct me if i am wrong.

Hanuni

Rumtaya said:
its syriac, then its east and west.....where as west is turoyo and east is what members of the two church of the east and the chaldean catholic church talk. El basta! I think the east dialect is called "swadaya" or...correct me if i am wrong.
Actually khon Syriac does not refer to our modern dialects as Turoyo. Syriac refers to the liturgal language used in Church.

Free_Assyria

I cant believe you guys are falling for this trolls trap.
every single thread he turns into the name issue because of his own insecurity.
this thread was about Assyria TV and look what he has you all now talking about.

xnicksomox

Free_Assyria  if you look at the posts I didn't start this I just asked if there were going to be Chaldean dialect speakers on the show.

And actually Hanuni Syriac is referred to as a dialect of the language Aramaic. Then Syriac is further split into East and West. Madhenhaya/Swadaya is the east and Ma'erboyo/Turoyo as the west. Then you can also say that the East is split into Assyrian and Chaldean.

So basically if you want to say Assyrian, it's not a language it's a dialect of another dialect of a language. It's fully Assyrian East Syriac Aramaic. The root is Aramaic not Assyrian.