Assimilated by the WC

Zawoyo

I see so many Assyrians who identify themselves more and more with their states of residence by the WC.

I see Assyrian children who get Germany flags painted on their faces by their parents, waving Brazilian, Argentinian or what else flags, and so on.

Even these children, who don?t are interested in the WC and their parents don?t paint or give them flags, become interested by all the other children in their kindergarten or school.

Waving flags of other states is not bad, but many times people let themselves partially more and more assimilate.

What could we do to prevent this kind of assimilation by the WC ?

I don't believe it is bad or wrong that the parents teach their kids to also hail their second homeland in the diaspora by painting flags on their children's cheeks or letting them wave other flags, as long as the parents teach their children to be patriotic Assyrians and make them feel a virtual connection to their homeland and its people.

Hanuni said:
I don't believe it is bad or wrong that the parents teach their kids to also hail their second homeland in the diaspora by painting flags on their children's cheeks or letting them wave other flags, as long as the parents teach their children to be patriotic Assyrians and make them feel a virtual connection to their homeland and its people.

That´s it, as I said before, it´s not bad.
But how many Assyrian parents do that? I think You know it like me that they are not many, at least in Europe ...

John_86 said:
That?s it, as I said before, it?s not bad.
But how many Assyrian parents do that? I think You know it like me that they are not many, at least in Europe ...

My parents never taught me to be patriotic, I turned patriotic all by myself, I'm the only sibling in my family who can read Assyrian, knows Assyrian history, and attends Assyrian stuff. The ONLY thing my parents ever told me to do that is patriotic is to marry/find an Assyrian girl, that's it.

Why do Assyrian parents do that? because they think their kids will magically become patriotic. My sister said that since my dad was born in Iraq, he is Iraqi, I told her NO he's Assyrian, then she said that he's Iraqi because he was born in Iraq. I said that is false because Iraq is an Artificial country and Iraqi nationality doesn't count and he is culturally, and Ethnically Assyrian; Apparently American education teaches kids to assimilate.

Assyrian parents should promote our own products and our own nationality first, for example, instead of wasting a lot of money by buying stuff from teams like Barcelona and real Madrid, that won?t give a shiit to us (I really hate when they cry and shout like it was their life and as if they did something for them...). Why not give that money to Assyriska ff.
Why not support something that is our own and has our own name and that actually can help us in the future with our cause, instead of wasting time and loving other things that don?t even give a crap about us Assyrians...
Ok I am not saying that we should not support for example a Spanish or German team, but at least many of today?s youth can stop saying that "our Assyriska team sucks and I don?t care about them, and try to support and promote them. Of course they are not as good as other teams, but with enough support they can become good if not better. This goes for all Assyrian stuff...

I am not implying that we should not be loyal to the country we reside in, well if of course it?s not a country that is against us. On the contrary, we should support, help and make ourselves known in that country for being good people and trustworthy. But we must start caring more about our own things than other countries, and this is what parents have to teach their kids.
My mother said "many Assyrians are more loyal to strangers, that actually won't help or give a shiit to us, than to our own people" She is absolutely right about that...

mrzurnaci said:
My parents never taught me to be patriotic, I turned patriotic all by myself, I'm the only sibling in my family who can read Assyrian, knows Assyrian history, and attends Assyrian stuff. The ONLY thing my parents ever told me to do that is patriotic is to marry/find an Assyrian girl, that's it.

It was like watching in the mirror to me when I read this :)

mrzurnaci said:
Why do Assyrian parents do that? because they think their kids will magically become patriotic. My sister said that since my dad was born in Iraq, he is Iraqi, I told her NO he's Assyrian, then she said that he's Iraqi because he was born in Iraq. I said that is false because Iraq is an Artificial country and Iraqi nationality doesn't count and he is culturally, and Ethnically Assyrian; Apparently American education teaches kids to assimilate.

It´s pure historical and political uneducation to deny the Assyrian nationality. To know the existance of the Assyrian nation it is not enought to know about our history, it is also important to know about how to define a nation/nationality.
Read a book about our history and a book about how to define a nation and You will exactly know why we are a nation and why we have the Assyrian nationality.

Btw,  the USA is the same kind of fake nation like Iraq, so it´s no wonder why they support such kind of teaching.

Back