Arab spring in Libya (destroying Christian cemetary and putting people in cages)

Same regarding Iraq.

When you have a dangerous animal in cage and you release it, you are the responsible of every harm he makes, so let the USA and Europe be responsible of this, or let them shut up and stop interfere in every corner of this world.

A.G

Those graves they're destroying are the graves of British soldiers who fought the Nazis.

And it was British soldiers who helped the rebels against Gaddafi as well.

A.G said:
Same regarding Iraq.
When you have a dangerous animal in cage and you release it, you are the responsible of every harm he makes, so let the USA and Europe be responsible of this, or let them shut up and stop interfere in every corner of this world.
A.G

Maybe if these countries could govern themselves peacefully instead of murdering their own citizens, the U.S. and the United Nations wouldn't have to step in to control these monstorous "leaders".  Bashar Al-Assad's days are numbered.  He will not last, and people need to understand that, even those of you who think people should back this "government".  

Well what to say. Assyrians should have done the same 70 years ago with the brits. Instead of shooting for them against others, they should have shoot the brits.

ASHUR said:
Maybe if these countries could govern themselves peacefully instead of murdering their own citizens, the U.S. and the United Nations wouldn't have to step in to control these monstorous "leaders".  Bashar Al-Assad's days are numbered.  He will not last, and people need to understand that, even those of you who think people should back this "government". 

I don't think it's that cut and dry.

If you look at Iraq and Libya (and even Egypt) you'll see that what often replaces these dictatorships are Islamic extremists. Countries like Russia and China know this which is why they are against any kind of intervention in Syria. IMO I think it is better that Assyrians be ruled by a secular dictatorship than crazy ass Islamists who go on a killing spree whenever their religion is insulted.   

Rumtaya said:
Well what to say. Assyrians should have done the same 70 years ago with the brits. Instead of shooting for them against others, they should have shoot the brits.

Winner!

SyriacOrthodoxAssyrian said:
Those graves they're destroying are the graves of British soldiers who fought the Nazis.

And it was British soldiers who helped the rebels against Gaddafi as well.
i thought these graves were for assyrians!!  :blink:

sometimes i get weird thoughts.. i mean, what WOULD assyrians graves do in Libya!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: :frustrated:

I think the west is doomed either way:

-If they do interfere to stop the bloodshed and topple these dictatorship, and then Islamic radicals take over the new government, they (west) get blamed for it.

-If they don't interfere, like is currently happening in Syria, they also get blamed for turning a blind eye to a humanitarian catastrophe.

ASHOOR

shekwanta said:
i thought these graves were for assyrians!!  :blink:

sometimes i get weird thoughts.. i mean, what WOULD assyrians graves do in Libya!!!!!!!!!!! :blink: :frustrated:

Not that weird if you know (from what I heard) that a man who is buried in the cemetery of the syriac orthodox monastery of mor afrem in holland was born in tripoli, libya. I don't know what these assyrians did in libya but there were (or are) assyrians in lybia :p hehe

If you watched the new years eve Suroyo TV program where people call in you would be surprised at how many times Libya came up. All of them spoke Arabic though so I have no idea what kind they were.

u guys are right!..

hmmm... if u ask  me ( i dont know why am so wondered!) i mean..my own aunt lived in Libya (not anymore)  --> her husband for some reason was living and working in Libya and went back to iraq to  find him a wife...found my aunty and married her, took her to Libya and then here to europe!

Back