Apparently convention will not be held in Detroit.

Superd0lma

I saw this on Facebook and thought I should share.
What is everyones thoughts? I say LA  :clap:

Attachments

• convention.jpg
    convention.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 323
ASHUR said:
I think it's fake...They even misspelled Los Angeles LOL

Well I don't know if that's actually a clue or not in this case.

I can't believe they would do west coast two years in a row. It's probably fake.

Even the way the question is being asked is wrong lol.

"Where you prefer to have the convention"  is that a question? lol....what about "Do"?

ASHOOR

That looks faker than Pamela Anderson's tits.

I can't believe you guys would ever think that the AANF would conduct a survey for people's input on a matter like this. lol

While the post is probably fake, the context is not.

They are thinking of having another west coast convention, either Arizona or San Diego, withe the caveat that they find another "nice" resort to hold it in.  I think it makes sense since east coast (Detroit, Boston, Connecticut) conventions don't really appeal to people anymore.  As of now it's still Detroit but don't be surprised if they make the change.

Free_Assyria said:
Why is the convention such a controversial topic for you Yanks?

A good question I have been meaning to ask myself.

And is it not good that the convention will not be held in Detroit? It is after all +80% Black.

Hanuni said:
A good question I have been meaning to ask myself.

And is it not good that the convention will not be held in Detroit? It is after all +80% Black.

lol! No. They aren't going to have the convention in the ghetto so it won't be a problem if the convention is in Detroit.

Dalida said:
lol! No. They aren't going to have the convention in the ghetto so it won't be a problem if the convention is in Detroit.

Dalida is right (did I just type that? :p)  If the convention is there it will most likely be in the suburbs of Detroit Metro.

It's not about controversy as it is tradition.  The thing is that for 77 years the conventions here have been following a specific protocol (hosted in Central, West, then East regions) and this is the first time (from what I know) that they want to change it due to the popularity of the Arizona convention.  Personally, I wouldn't mind convention no matter where but I guess it makes sense to change with the times and have it where most of the Assyrians are at anyway (west, central).

This may single out Canadians though because they generally make a good showing in Detroit and/or Chicago conventions.  Either way, the event itself is fun so don't really care where it is.

i personally hope its NOT in detroit :) i hope its on the west coast---that way i can have my husband plan a trip out there and we can enjoy some west coast sun. :)

They've had it in Boston before and it sucked.  I love Boston, just not for convention bro...Conventions need to stick to warm weather cities with a great night life. End of story.

Back