• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Another Controversial Idea: Alliance with Iran?

Cascade

Ezidi Kurd said:
When I hear Semites/Semitic I think about Africa. When I hears ARYAN I do think about the Medes who defeated the Semites.
Is that the best you can do? At the end of the day we had successful, large empires (Akkadian, Assyrian, Babylonian). The Medes were feeble in comparison. They are rarely taught in history classes. But that's okay, you're just being envious. And your symptoms are showing blatantly, since all you think of was the Medes defeating Semites rather than how successful the "Semites" have been. And don't let me start with the ancient Egyptians... :giggle:

When I hear Kurds/Iranians, I think about Islam and Arabs, due to Islamisation and the consequential interbreeding with Arabs. Islam has "de-Aryanized" and "Semiticized" the many of you due to Arab mixture. That should a ring a bell to you, because it's a fact.

Semites are African now because, from what I take it, they speak an Afro-Asiatic language? Okay, then Swedes and Dutch are South Asian because they speak an Indo-European language (where the language family evolved from). Makes perfect sense. :mrgreen:

Don't be ashamed, you are who you are. Be proud of your Semitic race, maybe then you will see the light. You can't fool your own DNA...
You should also be proud of your Semitic race, since you're like one quarter of it. Your Gedmatch had Semitic-speaking groups (Jewish, Assyrian, Druze). You can't fool your own DNA. ;)

nejepnerast

I feel so uneducated as a kurd .

I had no idea that I'm Aryan/Indo-Iranian Irano-Afghan/Neolithic Eastern/Anatolians Neolitic /Iranian Plateau Medes ,Barzani ,Scythians/Cimmerians..............Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet,

What is all the this crap and how is it relevant to anything ? Any empire that was ever built was built on corps of another nation ,so i really do not understand this sense of pride .

Cascade

nejepnerast said:
I feel so uneducated as a kurd .

I had no idea that I'm Aryan/Indo-Iranian Irano-Afghan/Neolithic Eastern/Anatolians Neolitic /Iranian Plateau Medes ,Barzani ,Scythians/Cimmerians..............Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet,

What is all the this crap and how is it relevant to anything ? Any empire that was ever built was built on corps of another nation ,so i really do not understand this sense of pride .
Hahahahahahaha!! And I'm guessing there are no fries with that?  :lol:

nejepnerast

john11121 said:
absolutely. shia muslims in general have been very good to us assyrians.
Try talking autonomy with them and they will skin you alive . Frankly no one cares about assyrian and they are looked at with pity like kurds in the 70s with arabs being the big brother who will only smack you once in a while , but would not hesitate to make you life like hell once you ask for something .

Cascade

nejepnerast said:
Try talking autonomy with them and they will skin you alive . Frankly no one cares about assyrian and they are looked at with pity like kurds in the 70s with arabs being the big brother who will only smack you once in a while , but would not hesitate to make you life like hell once you ask for something .
It's naivety. He thinks, because Shia Iraqis are defending their country, they're somehow intentionally protecting us too. I mean, of course they will, since their duty is to protect their citizens. Doesn't mean they're a fan of us. Shias are still Islamic and they will have ill intentions against Iraqi Christians, no matter what.

In the same breath, he thinks Brits and Americans are the enemy, and that they've caused ISIS.

He's a really Arabicized/Islamicized Assyrian. He's got that typical anti-western mindset. Probably grew up around Arabs and with Arabic-speaking parents, and got brainwashed by their anti-western stance. Such a shame.

nejepnerast

Neon said:
It's naivety. He thinks, because Shia Iraqis are defending their country, they're somehow intentionally protecting us too. I mean, of course they will, since their duty is to protect their citizens. Doesn't mean they're a fan of us. Shias are still Islamic and they will have ill intentions against Iraqi Christians, no matter what.

In the same breath, he thinks Brits and Americans are the enemy, and that they've caused ISIS.

He's a really Arabicized/Islamicized Assyrian. He's got that typical anti-western mindset. Probably grew up around Arabs and with Arabic-speaking parents, and got brainwashed by their anti-western stance. Such a shame.
agreed 100 % .
Assyrian rights will only achieved by assyrian and any delusions that this group is better than that or our rights will be handed to us by this or that is simply paving the way for the extinction of assyrian in the region .

Look , no one likes Assyrian and you have to live with that , In fact no one like no one in the region and they do not like themselves either . The entire region is uncivilized , backward , religious , fanatic and it is gotten a lot worst now .

Assyrians need to start small , very small and work their way up . It makes me laugh when i see people talk about establishing a country or getting autonomy in ninava plains and they have not put a step in the region . Ninava plains is messed up place with Arab tribes , kurdish tribes , yazidis ,turkmans , shabak ..etc  dominating the region and the Assyrians are nothing more that a tiny tiny dote within these communities . ONE fatwa from the lowest mullah or a tribe leader or an islamist group and Assyrians will disappear in the thin air like the isis did in mosul .The truth is NO one is willing to protect Assyrian and frankly No one cares . 

The only hope i see assyrian having is within KRG region which is for now very susceptible to western ideologies and influence , but the nationalist assyrian are not helping Assyrian case with their constant attack on kurds .

Cascade

nejepnerast said:
agreed 100 % .
Assyrian rights will only achieved by assyrian and any delusions that this group is better than that or our rights will be handed to us by this or that is simply paving the way for the extinction of assyrian in the region .

Look , no one likes Assyrian and you have to live with that , In fact no one like no one in the region and they do not like themselves either . The entire region is uncivilized , backward , religious , fanatic and it is gotten a lot worst now .

Assyrians need to start small , very small and work their way up . It makes me laugh when i see people talk about establishing a country or getting autonomy in ninava plains and they have not put a step in the region . Ninava plains is messed up place with Arab tribes , kurdish tribes , yazidis ,turkmans , shabak ..etc  dominating the region and the Assyrians are nothing more that a tiny tiny dote within these communities . ONE fatwa from the lowest mullah or a tribe leader or an islamist group and Assyrians will disappear in the thin air like the isis did in mosul .The truth is NO one is willing to protect Assyrian and frankly No one cares . 

The only hope i see assyrian having is within KRG region which is for now very susceptible to western ideologies and influence , but the nationalist assyrian are not helping Assyrian case with their constant attack on kurds .
Finally someone who agrees with my thoughts on the Shias-are-allies thing! It's like I found a rare gem in these boards. Lol!

And what you said up there is full of truth. I hope more Kurds think like you do, man.
nejepnerast said:
lol , no no fries .  I feel dirty with all these none sense names attached to me :)
Well, you gotta be proud with all the thousand of "tasty" ethnic groups that are within you. ;)

nejepnerast

Neon said:
Finally someone who agrees with my thoughts on the Shias-are-allies thing! It's like I found a rare gem in these boards. Lol!

And what you said up there is full of truth. I hope more Kurds think like you do, man.Well, you gotta be proud with all the thousand of "tasty" ethnic groups that are within you. ;)

Honestly I'm yet to meet a kurd(normal one ) who is against establishing an assyrian/Christain region within Kurdistan and I believe it is much better for everyone if they administer themselves instead of being forced into the melting pote . Kurdistan will also benefit from establishing the first Christain/Assyrian region in the entire middle east and economic support will pour from the west as a result  . At the end of the day we all just want to live in peace and prosperity and some form of dignity . This nationalist sentiments/religion/religious sect/tribe are just a tool to control masses for someone else to get rich , it is never about me and you as ordinary people .

I'm Buddhist , so technically i'm proud of nothing  :mfr_lol:.

Cascade

nejepnerast said:
Honestly I'm yet to meet a kurd(normal one ) who is against establishing an assyrian/Christain region within Kurdistan and I believe it is much better for everyone if they administer themselves instead of being forced into the melting pote . Kurdistan will also benefit from establishing the first Christain/Assyrian region in the entire middle east and economic support will pour from the west as a result  . At the end of the day we all just want to live in peace and prosperity and some form of dignity . This nationalist sentiments/religion/religious sect/tribe are just a tool to control masses for someone else to get rich , it is never about me and you as ordinary people .

I'm Buddhist , so technically i'm proud of nothing  :mfr_lol:.
To be really honest, I really don't care about an Assyrian nation. For starters, so many of us are running away from the homeland en masses. And those who do live there all just want out. Even if they seem content about living there, they still secretly want to immigrate to the west (who doesn't if you're residing there). I'm proud that we have vibrant Assyrian communities in the diaspora, especially here in Sydney. We even had Assyrian mayors and politicians. That's enough for us, I believe.

In the homeland, we're surrounded by enemies and potential terrorists. Now I know that there are good Kurds who support us (such as yourself), but there will always be that Kurdish group who would opt for war or conflict with us. And don't let me start with suicide bombers. So is it really necessary to have a country there?

nejepnerast

Neon said:
To be really honest, I really don't care about an Assyrian nation. For starters, so many of us are running away from the homeland en masses. And those who do live there all just want out. Even if they seem content about living there, they still secretly want to immigrate to the west (who doesn't if you're residing there). I'm proud that we have vibrant Assyrian communities in the diaspora, especially here in Sydney. We even had Assyrian mayors and politicians. That's enough for us, I believe.

In the homeland, we're surrounded by enemies and potential terrorists. Now I know that there are good Kurds who support us (such as yourself), but there will always be that Kurdish group who would opt for war or conflict with us. And don't let me start with suicide bombers. So is it really necessary to have a country there?
I'm not a nationalist either and I think Nationalism is the mother of all troubles  , because it prevent us seeing others as equal , hence Racism , inf?riorit? , superiority complex and the rest of mental disorders which eats , disperse and paralyze the society .

I'm totally anti immigration and unless your life is in danger it is totally wrong to leave your country . I'm shocked at the way immigrants live in this country and the type of jobs they do just to survive . There is nothing here aside from some handout from the government . Education is shockingly expensive ,high taxes,  Jobs almost non existence and the country is drowning in debts . Why would anyone want to migrate ? People should start telling the truth about the life abroad and not make it look like paradise and may be then the Assyrian will stop leaving their homeland .

Cascade

nejepnerast said:
I'm not a nationalist either and I think Nationalism is the mother of all troubles  , because it prevent us seeing others as equal , hence Racism , inf?riorit? , superiority complex and the rest of mental disorders which eats , disperse and paralyze the society .

I'm totally anti immigration and unless your life is in danger it is totally wrong to leave your country . I'm shocked at the way immigrants live in this country and the type of jobs they do just to survive . There is nothing here aside from some handout from the government . Education is shockingly expensive ,high taxes,  Jobs almost non existence and the country is drowning in debts . Why would anyone want to migrate ? People should start telling the truth about the life abroad and not make it look like paradise and may be then the Assyrian will stop leaving their homeland .
Whoa, now I completely disagree with you. :)

First, you and I are both immigrants. So it's kinda hypocritical to speak out against them in general. I mean, unless you're specific, like if they're potential Islamists and such, then yes, you can have a perspective. I mean, I am kinda of wary about Muslim immigration, especially when they're from Pakistan, Morocco, Tunisia and such (where radicalism is strong). We must be against potentially dangerous immigration, not just immigration in general. ;)

Second, of course the Assyrians would want to migrate out Iraq. It's obvious what's happening there, and there's no need to explain it. Even the Kurds are leaving (if not as frequent as others there). The Middle East has become a hole, barring Lebanon, Jordan and Israel. Iraq and Syria are not stable, and anything can happen there (yes, even in Kurdistan). Also, many Assyrians don't even care about having a nation. They act like they do, but really, they don't. They prefer living in the west. Perhaps it's in our blood. We Assyrians conquered the Middle East and North Africa, and we always preferred to live in wealthy cities with good opportunities. That's something Iraq and Syria won't provide for us.

Finally, all types of people can be unemployed and would rely on welfare. In Australia, we have our own types, who are called "Bogans" (redneck equivalent) who are like 10th+ generation Aussies and are the most laziest and scummiest people out there. Should we send them back to the British Isles? Also, Australia was built by immigrants. Not sure where you're from (I'm guessing France?), but Australia is a country that has relied on immigrants since its inception.

mrzurnaci

Neon said:
Whoa, now I completely disagree with you. :)

First, you and I are both immigrants. So it's kinda hypocritical to speak out against them in general. I mean, unless you're specific, like if they're potential Islamists and such, then yes, you can have a perspective. I mean, I am kinda of wary about Muslim immigration, especially when they're from Pakistan, Morocco, Tunisia and such (where radicalism is strong). We must be against potentially dangerous immigration, not just immigration in general. ;)

Second, of course the Assyrians would want to migrate out Iraq. It's obvious what's happening there, and there's no need to explain it. Even the Kurds are leaving (if not as frequent as others there). The Middle East has become a hole, barring Lebanon, Jordan and Israel. Iraq and Syria are not stable, and anything can happen there (yes, even in Kurdistan). Also, many Assyrians don't even care about having a nation. They act like they do, but really, they don't. They prefer living in the west. Perhaps it's in our blood. We Assyrians conquered the Middle East and North Africa, and we always preferred to live in wealthy cities with good opportunities. That's something Iraq and Syria won't provide for us.

Finally, all types of people can be unemployed and would rely on welfare. In Australia, we have our own types, who are called "Bogans" (redneck equivalent) who are like 10th+ generation Aussies and are the most laziest and scummiest people out there. Should we send them back to the British Isles? Also, Australia was built by immigrants. Not sure where you're from (I'm guessing France?), but Australia is a country that has relied on immigrants since its inception.

realistically, we don't exactly NEED a nation. The only thing we need is autonomy / form of self-rule. We've survived for 2,600 years without sovereignty but we've always had self-rule until the time of Islam.

Cascade

mrzurnaci said:
realistically, we don't exactly NEED a nation. The only thing we need is autonomy / form of self-rule. We've survived for 2,600 years without sovereignty but we've always had self-rule until the time of Islam.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind that. The NPU can always be our autonomous state.