• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Another Controversial Idea: Alliance with Iran?

Qi?ta

Ezidi Kurd said:
But the Sumerians predate Semites (Akkadians) in the Mesopotamia. It were the Sumerians from the Kurdistan Mountains who brought CIVILIZATION into the Mesopotamia. According to many anthropologists (like Coon) Sumerians were like Kurds, Irano-Afghan people belonged to an Aryan (Iranian) race.

My Aryan (Iranid) Ezdi religion was evolved from the Sumerians. Sumerians came from the mountains and were native to Kurdistan. It is possible that Lalish is build by the Sumerians, since Ezdi Kurds claim that our religion is at least 8000 years old. There are many simmilarities between the Yezidism and ancient Sumerian/Mesopotamian mythology.
Hmm, that is an interesting proposal. Do they have research and archeological evidence backing that up? It would be nice to compare with the Sumerian paganism.

Ezidi Kurd said:
Many people on THIS very site.
I must be the weirdest-looking Ashuraya ever because I don't look like Qurdi at all, not even close.

Cascade

Ezidi Kurd said:
Hahahaha what are you talking about? Arabs and Assyrians are from the Zagros?

You know what, they found ancient Neolithic DNA in the Zagros Mountains and modern Semites like Assyrians and Arabs have NOTHING to do with that DNA. DNA, the real science, doesn't lie. Semitic DNA is closely related to the Neolithic Southern Levant farmers...

Here is the study of the ancient Zagros DNA:

http://www.nature.com/articles/srep31326

http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2016/06/16/059311

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3690448/Does-farming-multiple-roots-DNA-reveals-communities-began-growing-crops-10-000-years-ago-spreading.html

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/07/worlds-first-farmers-were-surprisingly-diverse
And yet you're still talking about the Neolithic age, 10000 years in the past and pontificating about how were nomadic southern Levant farmers and how you're that pure superior race from the north in the mountains (Lol as if mountain people are so civilized). Lol...And as if your pure race totally popped out of oblivion in the Zagros. :giggle:

Since you're so obsessed with 9000 years ago, why are you so ignorant about the fact that even you guys came from the Levant and North Africa around 10-20,000 years ago. And you must realize that your genes and DNA would change after so many millenias. Can you get that in your stubborn head? Or are you still going to continue and brag about you magically appeared in the Zagros and have no connection to Africa (you know, that continent where we all come from). Also, dude, you forgot how you had a couple of "Semitic" ethnicities in your gedmatch, too? Ouch, must really hurt. :giggle:

P.S. Sharukinu didn't say anything about us being from the Zagros mountains. He just said that language families have nothing to do with your race. An Assyrian is more like an Armenian than a Moroccan.

Ezidi Kurd said:
But the Sumerians predate Semites (Akkadians) in the Mesopotamia. It were the Sumerians from the Kurdistan Mountains who brought CIVILIZATION into the Mesopotamia. According to many anthropologists (like Coon) Sumerians were like Kurds, Irano-Afghan people belonged to an Aryan (Iranian) race.

My Aryan (Iranid) Ezdi religion was evolved from the Sumerians. Sumerians came from the mountains and were native to Kurdistan. It is possible that Lalish is build by the Sumerians, since Ezdi Kurds claim that our religion is at least 8000 years old. There are many simmilarities between the Yezidism and ancient Sumerian/Mesopotamian mythology.
Nice way to fuel your foul agenda. Of course Sumerians will be an Irano-Afghan people. Since they are the first civilized groups on the earth and are in the Middle East, near Iran. Very convenient for you to snatch them. Considering that they come from the south, near Kuwait and Saudi Arabia, in a desert. But I thought you guys are from the Iranian Plateau in the Zagros. The inconsistency...Lmao  :rofl2:

Religions steal from each other. The Jewish myth of the flood is very akin to the Epic of Gilgamesh. So who's to say that Yezedis weren't inspired by the Sumerian religion?

I needed that laugh anyway. Civilized, educated people like Sumerians are the modern day, goat herding, gay-killing, women-degrading Afghans from Central Asia. Just Lol.

Akkadians are Semites because they spoke a Semitic language. It evolved there after the Sumerians. There was no special Semitic race that appeared there. The language wasn't around during Sumerian times, 5000 years ago. But it evolved there some time after that. When will your obstinate brain stop confusing a language family with race? Akkadians have Sumerian in them, since they come from the region. Aryans would too (so relax), but Akkadians would be more Sumerian. Lol seriously, if Sumerians spoke a Semitic language, you'd probably ditch them from your agenda and be all disgusted.

Ezidi Kurd said:
Kurds are NATIVE to the homeland Kurdistand, NATIVE to their magnificent GOD given mountains. We have got the ancient Neolithic DNA of those magnificent Kurdistan Mountains. Semites and Assyrians have NOTHING to do with it. Assyrians and Semites in general have very different roots from the Kurds, who have their roots in the Mountains.
Who the f*ck is refuting that? Qista agrees that "Semites" don't come from the Zagros mountains. And they don't.

We are native to the beautiful Fertile Crescent, in the land between two mighty rivers. And we are proud of it. We've made songs about our place of origins ("Bet Nahrain", which means that). We've had two great empires that we descend from (Assyrian and Akkadian empire). Why do you seem very sore and get all nasty when we say that? We are very proud of our ethnicity. You're not gonna dispute that we come from Mesopotamia, are you? I'd wager that you're gonna go back 10,000 years in time and be all like "well nah, you're from the southern Levant nomad, so be proud of that" :lol:

P.S. Did you look at the racial charts in the previous page? How we cluster with other ethnic groups? Check it out. But of course, you'll make excuses about them since they don't fit your narrative. Lol.

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
You can have your opinion and agree or disagree. But TODAY we have got FACTS.

Kurds are NATIVE to the homeland Kurdistand, NATIVE to their magnificent GOD given mountains. We have got the ancient Neolithic DNA of those magnificent Kurdistan Mountains. Semites and Assyrians have NOTHING to do with it. Assyrians and Semites in general have very different roots from the Kurds, who have their roots in the Mountains.

Ancient neolithic Zagos DNA destroyed any claim that Kurds are 'Aryanized' Assyrians, LMAO! The point is that Aryans were Always like Kurds and always NATIVE to the Kurdistan Zagros Mountains.

Now try to tell that to the Assyrians who are bad loosers...

Not really, the Kurdish ETHNIC identity didn't formulate until the Middle Ages. the Sassanid Persians talk about Kurds but they used the word as a social term. before the Middle Ages, a 'Kurd' was any Iranian Nomad. the Assyrian identity was already established and strong by the time the Kurdish identity was fully materialized.

Cascade

One couple is "Semitic" and the other is "Aryan". Can you guess?

iran-tehran-province-tehran-smiling-iranian-couple-f2162f.jpg

AR-709079924.jpg&updated=201309070045&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

Since obviously, Semites and Iranians look nothing alike. Lol.

Is this guy an Iraqi Arab or an Iranian?

2861263500000578-3070411-image-a-22_1430928905816.jpg

What about these handsome chaps (well, the guy on the right is cute):

2861262400000578-3070411-image-a-21_1430928888887.jpg

To give you clues...

Iranian:
360_cklein_1012.jpg

Iranian:
Majid-Jamali-Fashi-IRAN-CROP.jpg

Iraqi Arab:
000_DV2129795-e1442518733810.jpg

A rather good looking Iraqi Arab:
rJTkIDdm_400x400.jpeg

Assyrian:
12224132_888612374579531_1168494962_n.jpg

P.S. I stuck with men because they don't wear makeup. Women look really different when they have makeup on. Regardless of their ancestry, Iranians tend to look more Arab or Indian than we do. They have a more stereotypical Semitic look in general.

Qi?ta

Neon said:
(...)"Semitic" ethnicities in your gedmatch, too? Ouch, must really hurt. :giggle: (...)

Akkadians are Semites because they spoke a Semitic language. It evolved there after the Sumerians. There was no special Semitic race that appeared there. The language wasn't around during Sumerian times, 5000 years ago. But it evolved there some time after that. When will your obstinate brain stop confusing a language family with race? Akkadians have Sumerian in them, since they come from the region. Aryans would too (so relax), but Akkadians would be more Sumerian. Lol seriously, if Sumerians spoke a Semitic language, you'd probably ditch them from your agenda and be all disgusted.

Who the f*ck is refuting that? Qista agrees that "Semites" don't come from the Zagros mountains. And they don't.
Glad someone caught that. :]

Neon said:

AR-709079924.jpg&updated=201309070045&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

Since obviously, Semites and Iranians look nothing alike. Lol.

Is this guy an Iraqi Arab or an Iranian?

2861263500000578-3070411-image-a-22_1430928905816.jpg

What about these handsome chaps (well, the guy on the right is cute):

To give you clues...

Iranian:

Iranian:

Iraqi Arab:

A rather good looking Iraqi Arab:

Assyrian:

P.S. I stuck with men because they don't wear makeup. Women look really different when they have makeup on. Regardless of their ancestry, Iranians tend to look more Arab or Indian than we do. They have a more stereotypical Semitic look in general.

Basima! I was starting to doubt my entire genealogy, lol.

alan1

In a region as old as the Middle East, one that has been invaded more times than we can count there's bound to be a rich gene pool.

In today's terms, you are what you are based on linguistics. Sure there are some genetic variables but they are minor when looking broadly.

Every single Kurdish family, including my own has pale, dark, blonde, blue eyed, green eyed, brown eyed, black eyed relatives. Sometime siblings. My father has three brothers, two of them have blue eyes and the other two (my father included) have brown. He has four sisters, again two with blue eyes and other two brown. One sister is very dark, one is pale and tall. The point is that 99.99999% of Kurds don't give a darn about skin colour because of this diverse family roots.

Most Kurds don't give a darn about the Aryan BS either. The Aryans were just another invading force like the ones before and after them, the only difference is that their language we kept. Yes, that was very influential in how we were shaped as a nation, but who the hell cares.

That Ezidi guy is just a nut case. Besides he's not even from Kurdistan, he's from the Balkans or some crap like that, Kurds from Kurdistan do hold such extreme views.

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
Before Kurds started themselves to call 'Kurds', they called themselves actually Ezdi / Kurmanji and all other non-Ezdi Kurds were called by their tribal name. My people still call themselves 'Ezdi' and not Kurds. Are 'Ezdi' not the same as 'Kurds'. Different names for the same Aryan (Zagros Irano-Afghan) race. Before that ALL ARYAN tribes of Kurdistan were called the Medes.

I'd believe you but there's no writing saying Ezdi's / Kurmanji. Secondly, how did Kurmanji become Kurd? What's the connection and difference? Why was the name changed? Do you have historical proof or references of this like medieval Assyrian or Arab writing talking about such stuff?

alan1

mrzurnaci said:
I'd believe you but there's no writing saying Ezdi's / Kurmanji. Secondly, how did Kurmanji become Kurd? What's the connection and difference? Why was the name changed? Do you have historical proof or references of this like medieval Assyrian or Arab writing talking about such stuff?

Kurmanji is a bastardezied variance of Kur-Magi. Kur in Kurdish means son-of (such as ibn in Arabic) and the Magis were a spiritual Median tribe.

Sorani is a slightly new-ish dialect. Not long ago, ~200 years the majority of Kurds in Slemani and Erbil spoke the Zaza-Gorani dialect, more specifically, Hawrami. Only a few tribes spoke Sorani is which is Central Kurdish, i.e. a mixture of Kurmanji and Gorani, but eventually Sorani took over. This trend is continuing today with most Kurmanjis in KRG speaking more and more of Sorani, as that is the official dialect of the KRG.

It is known that before the fall of the Ottoman empire, the term Kurmanj was becoming more and more of the norm, nearly replacing Kurd altogether. It was only due to Southern Sorani tribes that the term Kurd survived. 

Etain

Neon said:

Iranians most certainly do not have a Semitic look.
Assyrians and Arabs look more similar in terms of facial features and colorings than Iranians, who look like monkeys.
Lines have been blurred over centuries, but it's not hard to differentiate them much.

Qi?ta

Ezidi Kurd said:
+ Kurmanji is more 'archaic' & PURE with its ergativity contruction than Persian. That means that Kurmanji is OLDER than Persian.

With other words Kurds gave birth to the Persians. Persians got their language from the Kurds. Kurmanji is older than 'Middle Persian' from the Sasanian Empire. So Kurdish ARYANS race, Kurdish/Ezdi ARYAN religion is much older than Sasanian Persians.
Anything in Zagros and Betnahrin is older than the Persians. Hell, even the Elamites were in the area before the Persians. That doesn't mean anything, though. According to the ancient tablets, qurdi were just a bunch of tribes hiding in the mountains, trolling the Subartu and bothering Akkadian caravans.

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
I don't understand what the * you are talking about. Ezdi religion is older than Assyrians. Our religion is in Kurmanji. Also, our language Kurmanji is older than from the medieval period. Kurdish race is at least as old as our Kurmanji (Kurdish) language. Kurmanji has an ergativity construction, while Persian doesn;t have that. Middle Persian and Parthian have largely lost ergative case-marking, so that means that Kurmanji is older than Parthian. http://www.iranicaonline.org/articles/ergative-construction

Parthians lived 2000 years ago. When we have evidence that Kurmanji is much more 'archaic' than Parthian and Middle Persian we can assume than Kurmanji is at least 2500 years old. Native language of the Ezdi Kurds is Kurmanji, Kurmanji is our native language of our ancient old religion.

Ezdi are genetically same as all other non-Ezdi Kurds. That means that modern Kurdish ethnicity exists since the beginning of the Ezdi Kurds and the Yezidism..

You still didn't answer or explain how 'Kurmanji' developed into 'Kurd'...

Qi?ta

Ezidi Kurd said:
The same way as Semitic 'Akkadians' developed into Semitic 'Assyrians'...

I can play this game all day long with you Semites...
Wait. So Kurd is a dialect of Kurmanji (pssst, old Assyrian evolved from Akkadian)? Well... I assume, that's only natural. Languages evolve.

Edit: Oh, we're not talking about languages? I felt so geeky and excited talking about it. These terms are confusing as hell. One second we're talking about phenotypes, the next is ancient history, next is languages, now we're back to anthropolgy.

Please don't put our ancestors in quotation marks. :-( It's what confused me in the first place. Also, it's 4 am.

Bronit Omta

Ezidi Kurd said:

The Yazidis I know hate the KRG and don't claim that they are Kurds. I know Yazidis from Shingal and Dohuk who despise Kurds.

That said, Yazidi groups blamed the Kurdistan Regional Government for abandoning them in Shingal which led to their genocide. You could almost say the Kurds were the direct result of Yazidis being killed and genocide being committed against them.

It required Kurds (PKK Kurds) from another country who are fighting a seperate war to come and rescue the Yazidis, however, many were still left as sex slaves, raped and killed by ISIS.

The KRG is a failed state which "represents the Kurdish people" yet cannot cater for the people that it says are its own.

It's ironic because the KRG let Shingal fall even though it wants it as part of its own territory (cannot even defend its proposed borders) and cannot defend the Yazidis who they claim to be Kurds. Why does the KRG protect its Kurdish citizens over its Yazidi citizens? It's almost like they did not care for them at all.

Yazidis may be Kurds but they have enough to be considered different groups but closely related. We need a proper, unbiased study on the Yazidi people.

Qi?ta

Bronit Omta said:
It's ironic because the KRG let Shingal fall even though it wants it as part of its own territory (cannot even defend its proposed borders) and cannot defend the Yazidis who they claim to be Kurds. Why does the KRG protect its Kurdish citizens over its Yazidi citizens? It's almost like they did not care for them at all.

Yazidis may be Kurds but they have enough to be considered different groups but closely related. We need a proper, unbiased study on the Yazidi people.

Okay, I don't want to sound paranoid, but, that is their strategy for expanding territory, isn't it? They have invaded northern and eastern Ninewe that way.

They dissuade natives from arming themselves, make it vulnerable, let it fall, then they have a claim for "defending" the place when they feel like it. They force minorities to become dependent on their military force, and after the chaos, their humanitarian aid.

Similar to mafia thugs, ain't them.

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:

same way how? we're not playing a game dummy, we're asking serious questions and you keep dodging them because you have no answers.

The Akkadian empire split into Babylonia and Assyria because the Akkadian empire collapsed, so the cities of Ashur and Babylon formed separate kingdoms taking the Akkadian empire as a model. You can easily look this information up yet you have absolutely no detailed information on how Kurmanji became Kurd? Because Kurds have no recorded history before the Middle Ages... Why is it this difficult for Kurds to accept?

How is it that we modern Assyrians can accept that the ancient Assyrian empire fell but Kurds cannot accept that your history didn't exist until the Middle Ages? How is it that medieval Assyrians have written records proving the existence of Yezidis and Kurds but Kurds have no medieval records about Assyrians or any records at all? The only thing that comes close is the Sharafnama....

Cascade

Etain said:
Iranians most certainly do not have a Semitic look.
Assyrians and Arabs look more similar in terms of facial features and colorings than Iranians, who look like monkeys.
Lines have been blurred over centuries, but it's not hard to differentiate them much.
You're right that Assyrians don't generally resemble Iranians. But in a broad sense, or if you're looking at them as a European or an African, they're really similar looking. They are all Middle Eastern looking, and would be regarded that way by racial profiles and such.

Assyrians don't look like all sorts of Arabs though. We certainly look more like Kurds, Armenians and Iranians than Algerians, Tunisians and Saudi Arabians. But we still do look like more like other Semitic speakers such as Lebanese people. You have to be really specific here.

How do Iranians look like monkeys? Not all of them look like their President. Lol.

Cascade

alan1 said:
In a region as old as the Middle East, one that has been invaded more times than we can count there's bound to be a rich gene pool.

In today's terms, you are what you are based on linguistics. Sure there are some genetic variables but they are minor when looking broadly.

Every single Kurdish family, including my own has pale, dark, blonde, blue eyed, green eyed, brown eyed, black eyed relatives. Sometime siblings. My father has three brothers, two of them have blue eyes and the other two (my father included) have brown. He has four sisters, again two with blue eyes and other two brown. One sister is very dark, one is pale and tall. The point is that 99.99999% of Kurds don't give a darn about skin colour because of this diverse family roots.

Most Kurds don't give a darn about the Aryan BS either. The Aryans were just another invading force like the ones before and after them, the only difference is that their language we kept. Yes, that was very influential in how we were shaped as a nation, but who the hell cares.

That Ezidi guy is just a nut case. Besides he's not even from Kurdistan, he's from the Balkans or some crap like that, Kurds from Kurdistan do hold such extreme views.
That's what I've been telling him. Kurds, Assyrians and other Semites all vary when it comes to looks. So it will be hard distinguishing them. He's only obsessed with the term "Aryan" because the Nazis used it. Also, the term is related to Indo-European language, which started in the Iranian plateau and naturally dispersed into Europe. Which obviously means that Germans, Slavs and Scandinavians are racially homogeneous to Iranian people (Lol). He showcases a sign of an inferiority complex. Many people want to be European, considering their powerful and rich history (even though his DNA make up didn't have a single European ethnicity, unlike ours). I don't blame Middle Easterners like him who want to be European. Self-hate is strong within us anyway. That's why some our women bleach their skin to pass as white in European countries. 

What do you mean he's from the Balkans? Is he not a Ezedi? And how do you know that? He sounds like a classical Iranian person with an inferiority complex to me anyway. They always sounds like that with their "we're Aryan and proud" trite. Balkans don't seem to care about that.

Qi?ta said:
Glad someone caught that. :]

Basima! I was starting to doubt my entire genealogy, lol.
Lol. You're welcome. Supposedly we look aliens to the guy. So I wanted to clear things out.

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
Some say that the word 'Kurd' is an ancient word from the ancient times, from the time of the Sumerian Gutians of the Zagros Mountains. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutian_people

'Kurd' is a collective name of people who speak 'Kurdic' as their native language. All Aryan Kurdish (GUTIAN) tibes were united under the Median Empire. The Medes are direct ancestors of the Kurds.

ok, so what's the connection that links the Gutians to the Medes? The Gutians weren't Aryan like the Medes were. Also, the time gap between the Gutians and the Medes is extremely long to have any real connection...

The Gutians appeared in recorded history in the 22nd Century BC (2200 BC to 2101) and the Aryans didn't migrate into Iran until the Neo-Assyrian empire. How do I know? Because it was the ancient Assyrians who wrote about Medes and Persians. So you have a 1,000+ year gap between the Medes and the Gutians, how do they connect?!

Also, how do you know the Gutians were Aryan? Not even Archaeologists know if the Gutians were Aryan or not because the only records they left behind is the name of their Kings that ruled Sumeria...

Tell me if these names sound Iranian or Mede/Kurdish in any sense...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutian_dynasty_of_Sumer#List_of_the_Gutian_kings

nejepnerast

Once you talk alliance you are talking about working for or with someone against someone else .Who would Assyrian work against for themselves and Iran ? No alliances could ever be established with any major power in middle east if the goal is autonomy or establishing a new state . Look at the Kurdish history , any time they united ,,Turkey , Iran , Syria and iraq put aside their differences and fought together against them and anytime kurds are divided they go back undermining each other using kurds .
Middle east in general is garbage region where the poor and uneducated used as pawns in the name of nationalism or religion . It is just business and you are not part of it .

AshurayaPlasha

"Because Gutians were native to Kurdistan, or more precisely Kurdish Aryan Zagros Mountains. Like Kurds, Medes, Gutians lived in the Kurdish Aryan Zagros Mountains. The location is exactly the same as that of the Medes and later the Kurds."

Then this means that so-called "Sumerians" (Which there never actually was a Sumerian/Shumerian people) were native to Assyria, because according to Dr. Clemens Reichel, there never really was a political entity called ?Sumer.? Writing was invented after 3000 BCE, using what is called "Sumerian Cuneiform writing" moreover, the only aspect that makes this time period ?Sumerian? is the fact that most texts were written in that language. Major parts of the population, however, probably spoke Akkadian. Historians such as I. J. Gelb and E. A. Speiser also believed that north Mesopotamia was completely east semitic speaking peoples.

There is a book called - Babylonians, written by H. W. F. Saggs. He explains in his book that there is no data of Proto-Akkadian migration to Mesopotamia, and in fact, semitic speaking families were prominent (significant population) in Mesopotamia at around 2750 BC according to Sumerian written records, -- which means that Akkadian-speaking people would've definitely inhabited Mesopotamia since the dawn of civlization.

So every city stretching from Eridu to Duhok (Nuhadra) is Assyria.