• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

An entity of Jesus appears on a cross at an Assyrian church in Melbourne, Aus.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
These pictures were taken at the Mar Odisho Assyrian Church in Melbourne, Australia.  The entity that appeared (see pictures below) is a wooden cross with Jesus crucified on it, on the church's altar curtain. It appeared to two sisters, following an evening prayer session. They were startled so they called the priest and their mom to verify what they saw. This image appeared for a few minutes and then disappeared and it has never been seen since then (August 19, 2014)  .

See the two pictures before which were taken with a mobile phone camera.

Read the article here (Arabic) : http://ar.news.assyrianchurch.org/archives/16895

ASHOOR

mrzurnaci

how do I know they didn't make the effect from behind the curtains? Did they even go see what was behind the curtains?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
mrzurnaci said:
how do I know they didn't make the effect from behind the curtains? Did they even go see what was behind the curtains?
I knew a skeptic reply was coming :biggrin:

Hey, all I can say is that nothing is guaranteed but I do know that these are not things (religious scams) that our Assyrians would do. We are too innocent for them and don't have the know-how.

ASHOOR

mrzurnaci

ASHOOR said:

Hey, all I can say is that nothing is guaranteed but I do know that these are not things (religious scams) that our Assyrians would do. We are too innocent for them and don't have the know-how.

ASHOOR
I won't lie, it just seems like there's a Jesus-crucifix statue on the altar but it could also be an effect with the curtains itself; that would be pretty cool.

Cascade

ASHOOR said:

ASHOOR
It's not really a scam. It's just an innocently made illusion. After all it's a church, so you would expect people to put up such figures. Perhaps made by the church deacons or the light technicians there? :biggrin:

You know what's an actual apparition? Like, made without any intentional human "tricks"? This one:

This was Mary's apparition in Coogee Beach in Sydney seen in 2005 (not sure if it was posted on AVN back then). People flocked to see it and even worshiped it. But in reality, it was a white fence that was unintentionally shaped like the typical Virgin Mary figure in some angles.