• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Accept a kurdish country

Cascade

Active member
Neta1991 said:
My anger towards kurds who claim our history and our land and killing our people.
Yeah, I thought he was making reasonable points until he started implying that Assyrians can't have a autonomous region there because they're the minority. And I thought he was the most level-headed Kurd in here where I agreed with him before....Not sure why he made the 180 degree turn on Assyrians?
 
M

member 326969 Global

Guest
Ezidi Kurd said:
Semitic (Levant-Arabian) Assyrian immigrants shouldn't claim the ancient Northern Mesopotamian Ezdi-Sumerian history.

Assyrians aren't Levantine Arabians. Contrary to your opinion, Assyrians are indigenous to the heartland of Assyria which is northern Mesopotamia. Ezidis are not Sumerians. It's blatantly obvious to anyone who's studied the literature that Sumerians were absorbed into Akkadian society which later diverged into Assyrians (in northern Mesopotamia) and Babylonians (in southern Mesopotamia).
 

alan1

New member
nejepnerast said:
I failed to understand the obsession with the history which frankly have very little to do with our current situation and most of history is fabricated lies anyway  . Kurds are not from so called current Northern Iraq ? , even if they are not , So what ?
Turks are not from Turkey too , Whites are not from north American too , Arabs are migrants too in majority of the African , Mediterranean Arab countries . How is citing history changes anything ?

People need to deal with reality as it is , not as it was . Forget the past , because the only way to go forward is is to build communities , cities and a country of everyone .

Heval, kati xot legal Ezidi Kurd xesar neka.. awa sheta.
 

alan1

New member
Neon said:
To simply answer the thread, yes I accept a Kurdish country. Why? I really don't care about our homeland. It's finished. It's gone. Iraq took it and crapped over it, as did many other nations in early modern history. So now it's left for Kurds?

Not to mention, Kurdistan seems rather stable and relatively prosperous. Iraq, on the other hand, has become unstable and corrupt. So maybe the Kurds can fix things a little if they're independent?

Most things in Kurdistan are already more developed than Iraq, besides that, Mosul & Shia Iraq are heading back in time... Also some indexes by a British economic research firm (I cannot link you because it was given to me for personal use only) comparing Kurdistan to other M.E states.

Here are some indexes for you to see Kurdistan compared to the rest of Iraq. A report called "Iraq Human Development Report 2014" by the UN. It's a very detailed report, you can google it.

Business environment ranking
Businessenvironment.jpg


Gender inequality index
Genderinequality.jpg


HDI - Human Development Index
HDI.jpg


HDI - Human Development Index
HDI1.jpg


Peace Index
Peaceindex.jpg


Poverty Index
Poverty.jpg


Security and Political stability
securityandpoliticalstability.jpg


Youth index
youth.jpg


Some of you can be biased and complain about Kurdistan all you want, but facts speak for themselves.
 

mrzurnaci

Active member
alan1 said:
Most things in Kurdistan are already more developed than Iraq, besides that, Mosul & Shia Iraq are heading back in time... Also some indexes by a British economic research firm (I cannot link you because it was given to me for personal use only) comparing Kurdistan to other M.E states.

Here are some indexes for you to see Kurdistan compared to the rest of Iraq. A report called "Iraq Human Development Report 2014" by the UN. It's a very detailed report, you can google it.

Business environment ranking
https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/Businessenvironment.jpg[/img

Gender inequality index
[img]https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/Genderinequality.jpg[/img

HDI - Human Development Index
[img]https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/HDI.jpg[/img

HDI - Human Development Index
[img]https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/HDI1.jpg[/img

Peace Index
[img]https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/Peaceindex.jpg[/img

Poverty Index
[img]https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/Poverty.jpg[/img

Security and Political stability
[img]https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/securityandpoliticalstability.jpg[/img

Youth index
[img]https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/05/12/youth.jpg[/img

Some of you can be biased and complain about Kurdistan all you want, but facts speak for themselves.
[/quote]

What does all this have to do with the thread? We're not discussing the development differences between Iraq and KRG.
 

alan1

New member
mrzurnaci said:
What does all this have to do with the thread? We're not discussing the development differences between Iraq and KRG.

1 - It's a response to a comment raised.
2-  This topic is a hypothetical debate about Kurdistan becoming a country. The development indexes and matrices are much, much more relevant to anyone alive today than history.
 

mrzurnaci

Active member
alan1 said:
1 - It's a response to a comment raised.
2-  This topic is a hypothetical debate about Kurdistan becoming a country. The development indexes and matrices are much, much more relevant to anyone alive today than history.

so you're saying individual regions that have access to lucrative resources won't have higher development indexes than different? ;)

Iraq has lower development because of rampant corruption and overt centralization of government.
 

nejepnerast

New member
Neon said:
Yeah, I thought he was making reasonable points until he started implying that Assyrians can't have a autonomous region there because they're the minority. And I thought he was the most level-headed Kurd in here where I agreed with him before....Not sure why he made the 180 degree turn on Assyrians?
How did I make 180 degree turn on Assyrian ? did I state anything that is not inline with reality ? Look i wish you all the best and i hold no grudges or hatred towards anyone and I find christian in general very nice people and worthy of defending , but i'm not doing you any faveur by simply agreeing with you .

I stated the fact as IT IS  not as me and you wish it to be and to contradict the fact to simply be in line with the misleading trend is not helpful to anyone especially Assyrian .
I'm sorry to say this but most of the Assyrian do not have a clue about Nineveh plain and the fabric of society in the region and somehow , someway it is the kurds that are in the Assyrian way of gaining their autonomy or rights . Are you people serious ?

I swear with Nineveh plain being under Arab control no Assyrian would even dare to talk about any rights , never mind autonomy or a country . Where is the assyrian politician stand on autonomy and did they ever discuss that in Baghdad ? No  right and in fact they openly state they are opposed to it because it will make the Assyrian a target , but in Kurdistan the issue is discussed openly without any fear or consequences  . Look you have an opportunity here if you can just get past your hatred and intolerance , but i doubt that will ever happen . Jesus ,  Everyone here is like a timing bomb :).
 

nejepnerast

New member
Neta1991 said:
My anger towards kurds who claim our history and our land and killing our people.
Show me where any ordinary Kurd ever claimed Assyrian heritage or history ? and by the way the number of Assyrian killed in the Kurdish region for being Assyrian or christian still stand at ZERO .Number of Churches bombed in Kurdistan still stand at ZERO . Nothing to be proud of here for kurd , it should be the norm everywhere in the world .
Someone like do not even understand why you hate and given a chance  you will put ISIS in shame .  I did not take what you wrote seriously , because i believe we are the product of what happend to us and i feel sorry for you . 
 

Cascade

Active member
Ezidi Kurd said:
Semitic (Levant-Arabian) Assyrian immigrants shouldn't claim the ancient Northern Mesopotamian Ezdi-Sumerian history.
At least you finally you get it now.

But whether we're Levantines, Mongoloid or Jewish, we still come from Northern Mesopotamia. Just stop fabricating lies. Do you have an inferiority complex because you're a Yazidi and your people are associated with mountains rather than civilizations? It's pretty sad. Just accept who you are. Not all cultures are highly civilized. Doesn't mean they don't deserve respect or honor.
alan1 said:
Most things in Kurdistan are already more developed than Iraq, besides that, Mosul & Shia Iraq are heading back in time... Also some indexes by a British economic research firm (I cannot link you because it was given to me for personal use only) comparing Kurdistan to other M.E states.

Here are some indexes for you to see Kurdistan compared to the rest of Iraq. A report called "Iraq Human Development Report 2014" by the UN. It's a very detailed report, you can google it.

Business environment ranking
Businessenvironment.jpg


Gender inequality index
Genderinequality.jpg


HDI - Human Development Index
HDI.jpg


HDI - Human Development Index
HDI1.jpg


Peace Index
Peaceindex.jpg


Poverty Index
Poverty.jpg


Security and Political stability
securityandpoliticalstability.jpg


Youth index
youth.jpg


Some of you can be biased and complain about Kurdistan all you want, but facts speak for themselves.
Yes. Although I may have problems with SOME Kurds, I don't think Kurdistan is bad as a country. It will be a much better nation than Iraq. So I really don't care or wouldn't mind if it becomes an independent country.

As an Assyrian, I'm happy that I live in the diaspora and I'm pretty sure that other Assyrians are content too in their countries. I couldn't care less about what happens in our homeland.
 

Cascade

Active member
Ezidi Kurd said:
You still don't get it. Ezdi Kurds predate the Assyrians.

Sumerian civilization was NOT Semitic. It has nothing to do with the Semites. Semites would NEVER build such a great civilization like the Sumerians did. Sumerians changed & enriched the humanity. The contribution of the Sumerians to human race has nothing to do with the Semites.


If some Semites claim some Sumerian history, they are simply stealing the Sumerian history. When Sumerians build their civilization ancestors of the Semites lived somewhere in a desert.
1. Sumerians are not completely Iranid either. Accept the fact that they may have given rise to both Semitic speakers (Akkadians) and Iranid people. Why is that in your world there is no grey area? There was a time when "Semites" and Iranians had a common ancestor. Stop being disgusted by the fact that you're related to us. Even Hitler would you see folks no different to "Semites", since you look exactly like us in his eyes - you're a grotty Middle Easterner!

2. Sumerians didn't speak an Iranian language. If they did, then maybe you can claim as "your" people. Get off your high horse and quite fabricating this brazen lie about them being your direct descendants. Like I said, Mandeans and Marsh Arabs might be "more" related to Sumerians, considering their location. Not the people from the friggin' in the Zagros.

3. Using "desert" as insult (as you sort of did) is completely ingenuous and ridiculous as Sumerians were also desert-dwellers, just like ancient Egyptians (ring a bell?). You can establish civilizations in a desert, btw, and Sumerians/Egyptians are an example.

For the billionth time, there is no such thing as a Semitic race. Yes, Jews, Arabs and Assyrians speak the same Semitic language and have close relations, but that doesn't make them a race or descendants of the same person (Shem). Stop buying into the biblical bull crap. You're also related to us, whether you like it or not, as you had a couple of "Semitic" ethnicities in your gedmatch results. Stop the self-hate.

Your idea of "Semitic" being a race is more fallacious than the idea of "Mediterranean race", which is still much more scientifically approved (and far less biblical). And according to its definition, you and I are part of it - You and all of other "Semites".

nejepnerast said:
How did I make 180 degree turn on Assyrian ? did I state anything that is not inline with reality ? Look i wish you all the best and i hold no grudges or hatred towards anyone and I find christian in general very nice people and worthy of defending , but i'm not doing you any faveur by simply agreeing with you .

I stated the fact as IT IS  not as me and you wish it to be and to contradict the fact to simply be in line with the misleading trend is not helpful to anyone especially Assyrian .
I'm sorry to say this but most of the Assyrian do not have a clue about Nineveh plain and the fabric of society in the region and somehow , someway it is the kurds that are in the Assyrian way of gaining their autonomy or rights . Are you people serious ?

I swear with Nineveh plain being under Arab control no Assyrian would even dare to talk about any rights , never mind autonomy or a country . Where is the assyrian politician stand on autonomy and did they ever discuss that in Baghdad ? No  right and in fact they openly state they are opposed to it because it will make the Assyrian a target , but in Kurdistan the issue is discussed openly without any fear or consequences  . Look you have an opportunity here if you can just get past your hatred and intolerance , but i doubt that will ever happen . Jesus ,  Everyone here is like a timing bomb :).
Like I said, I don't really care about our homeland. If the Assyrians want an autonomous state, then by all means let them do so. If they don't, then they don't have to. It's not about the facts. Mzurnaci wanted a country there, but you brought up our population and how Turkmens, Azeris, etc, are much more populated than us. Yes, we are a diminutive group there. Does this mean that we don't deserve a state just because we're not that much? And speaking of facts, surely you'd know that we are the indigenous people of that region? That alone should grant us land privileges. ;)
 

Neta1991

New member
nejepnerast said:
Show me where any ordinary Kurd ever claimed Assyrian heritage or history ? and by the way the number of Assyrian killed in the Kurdish region for being Assyrian or christian still stand at ZERO .Number of Churches bombed in Kurdistan still stand at ZERO . Nothing to be proud of here for kurd , it should be the norm everywhere in the world .
Someone like do not even understand why you hate and given a chance  you will put ISIS in shame .  I did not take what you wrote seriously , because i believe we are the product of what happend to us and i feel sorry for you .

Its removed now but they said assyrian empire is kurdish history, but it isnt about that, its about this ezidi kurd who is possibly kurd and hate his heritage, accept who you are retard, stop lying about your history, noone care about your history, if we go millions year back we would be related and we still are related with eachother, by being related to the old ape humans, we are basically related to eachother, after all we are all Home sapiens sapiens.  Stop ezidi kurd lie about your history, be happy about your heritage, before l knew l was assyrian l thought that l was aramean, and l thought l was a nomad ffs! And l was happy because l FINALLY knew who l was, but then l read more and l FINALLY KNOW WHO I AM, i am assyrian till death! BE PROUD EZIDI KURD, U ARE WHO U ARE
 

Neta1991

New member
Its true that the Kurdish people are the most civilized muslims. But the truth is that if a kurdish was muslim l would not like him but if he wasnt l would, l respect all religions in the world except islam, because muslims worship muhammed who killed people and conquered cities, thats not a religion of peace, its evil. Thats why muslims are the most feared people in the world.
 

Cascade

Active member
alan1 said:
Heval, kati xot legal Ezidi Kurd xesar neka.. awa sheta.
Please speak English in this forum.

You wrote in Kurdish a few times before and I ignored it. But now this must not go on anymore. We have the right to know what you're saying, above all things.

Can somebody translate what Alan said?
 

alan1

New member
Neon said:
Please speak English in this forum.

You wrote in Kurdish a few times before and I ignored it. But now this must not go on anymore. We have the right to know what you're saying, above all things.

Can somebody translate what Alan said?

I said buddy don't waste your time with Ezidi Kurd he is crazy.
 

nejepnerast

New member
Neon said:
Yes, we are a diminutive group there. Does this mean that we don't deserve a state just because we're not that much? And speaking of facts, surely you'd know that we are the indigenous people of that region? That alone should grant us land privileges. ;)
I never said they do not deserve a country due to lack of population , I said I just do now see how is that doable and anyone neutral person who knows anything about the region would agree .I understand it hurts to hear that and may be i'm a bit insensitive , but I believe the truth needs to be told sometime even if it hurts , otherwise change will never happen .

Look I understand how emotional people are towards their homeland and I respect that and there is no loss for kurds if Assyrian get any form of autonomy or even statehood  . As I mentioned in my earlier post , i believe it will be wonderful for All Christians and will put Kurdistan in the front of democratic regions  in the world which will drive the entire region economically .
 

nejepnerast

New member
Neta1991 said:
Its removed now but they said assyrian empire is kurdish history,

So stupid people say stupid things right ?

Neta1991 said:
but it isnt about that, its about this ezidi kurd who is possibly kurd and hate his heritage, accept who you are retard, stop lying about your history, noone care about your history, if we go millions year back we would be related and we still are related with eachother, by being related to the old ape humans, we are basically related to eachother, after all we are all Home sapiens sapiens.  Stop ezidi kurd lie about your history, be happy about your heritage, before l knew l was assyrian l thought that l was aramean, and l thought l was a nomad ffs! And l was happy because l FINALLY knew who l was, but then l read more and l FINALLY KNOW WHO I AM, i am assyrian till death! BE PROUD EZIDI KURD, U ARE WHO U ARE
You have it backward brother , Never be proud of who you are , be proud of what you do , because that is the only thing that matter . Our ancestors (kurds , arabs , assyrian , Yazidis ) screwed us up and left us with nothing but hatred towards each other with a region in complet ruin .
 

mrzurnaci

Active member
nejepnerast said:
So stupid people say stupid things right ?
You have it backward brother , Never be proud of who you are , be proud of what you do , because that is the only thing that matter . Our ancestors (kurds , arabs , assyrian , Yazidis ) screwed us up and left us with nothing but hatred towards each other with a region in complet ruin .

and why is that? Because Islam.

Alan mentioned how the KRG has more development compared to the rest of Iraq. Could this possibly be correlated with the slow secularization of Kurds?

If we Assyrians were Muslim, we would've still dominated Iraq, or possibly all of Mesopotamia, at the cost of being as stupid and savage as other Muslims...

Stay Christian and be persecuted but at least be intelligent and advance in civilization OR be Muslim and become an unintelligent, disposable chess piece pawn that is only as useful as making Islam bigger only to receive no actual award other than being used by Muslim leaders?

 

nejepnerast

New member
mrzurnaci said:
and why is that? Because Islam.


Alan mentioned how the KRG has more development compared to the rest of Iraq. Could this possibly be correlated with the slow secularization of Kurds?

If we Assyrians were Muslim, we would've still dominated Iraq, or possibly all of Mesopotamia, at the cost of being as stupid and savage as other Muslims...

Stay Christian and be persecuted but at least be intelligent and advance in civilization OR be Muslim and become an unintelligent, disposable chess piece pawn that is only as useful as making Islam bigger only to receive no actual award other than being used by Muslim leaders?
I agree with everything you said about Islam , but I draw no distinction between fanatic muslim and a fanatic christian . They are exactly the same . Being Christian or sticking with Christianity does not make your more intelligent or more tolerant .Religious people in my view are just delusional and mentally ill people that need to be institutionalized or even better exiled to some Island ,so the rest of humanity can live in peace .
 
Top