• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Accept a kurdish country

Neta1991

Would you accept a kurdish country? I say yes if we also get a country in nineveh plains, l would really want all people to get a country.

Neta1991

mrzurnaci said:
sure, in THEIR homeland of THEIR ancestors, not mines.
Their country will probably be northern iraq and syria, they will without doubt never get a country in turkey or iran. Anyway is their homeland iran?

mrzurnaci

Neta1991 said:
Their country will probably be northern iraq and syria, they will without doubt never get a country in turkey or iran. Anyway is their homeland iran?

The Kurds claim the Medes as their ancestors. The Median homeland is the image I uploaded.

The actual Kurdish homeland in terms of where they actually originated from is Southern Azerbaijan and the Zagros portions of North Western Iran.

Kurds are not 100% descended from Medes, Kurds descend from various nomadic Iranians. Medes were probably some of them but not a direct ancestor or a direct influence of culture. Kurdish language is also most closely related to Parthian which was born in the Eastern portion of Iran.

Kurds were first named by Malka Ardashir of the Sassanids. During the Sassanids, Kurd meant "nomad" and was a social class rather than a people. Over time, the Iranian Kurds simply called themselves "Kurd" and it became their identity.

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
First of all Zagros mountains are not in North Eastern Iran. Zagros Mountains are part of North Western Iranian Plateau (including Kurdistan).

The Parthians were the Medes who migrated into the Eastern parts of the Iranian Plateau. The Parthians came originally from Kurdistan and were the Medes. Parthians spoke a North WEST Iranian language, like the Medes and Kurds. Parthians spoke the same language as their Median ancestors. The Medes predate the Parthians. Medes, Parthians, Kurds, all of them speak a North WESTERN Iranian language. Although it is possible that the Parthians mixed a little bit with the Scythians in SouthCentral Asia (Eastern Iran). Read the history.

I've got a question about Shengal and Lalish. Who is more native to Shengal, Assyrians or Ezdi Kurds? Does Shengal belong to the Assyrians or the Ezdi Kurds?

Meant to put Western, already corrected my post.
Parthians lived in Eastern Iran...

North Western Iranian refers to the languages IN IRAN. Eastern Iranian languages refers to the areas in Afghanistan and Pakistan...

as for your question "Who is more native to Shengal, Assyrians or Ezdi Kurds?"

Native in what way? There's many different ways to word 'native'. Do you mean native in terms of ancestry or indigenous? Assyrians. Do you mean 'native' as in born/raised there? Both.

:mfr_lol:

Kurds have literally no connection with Sumerians. Modern Assyrians are the ONLY descendants of the Sumerians,Akkadians and Babylonians.
The only connection you could have with Sumerians is having Assyrian blood in your veins.

Yezidi's are not Kurdish, Yezidi's are older then Kurds. Like the guy told you the name 'Kurd' derives from a social class in Iran that means 'Nomad'.
If you Yezidis are so 'pure' how come you call yourself Kurdish? Your existence is a contradiction.

Get some self-respect and call yourself Yezidi and not Kurdish...

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
Wrong on many points again.

Parthians spoke a NORTH West Iranian language like the Medes and later the Kurds. Even Persians spoke a SOUTH Western language. So Parthians were more related to the ancient Medes than the ancient Persians.

Some tribes of the Medes who lived in Kurdistan migrated into the SouthCentral Asia. Their direct descedants in Central Asia were the Parthians. Later on there was a back migration of those Parthians into (Eastern) Kurdistan again. So those Parthians were absorbed again into the Median substratum.

Assyrians never lived in Shengal. Shengal has always been populated by the Ezdi Kurds, since the very ancient times. And Shengal lies in the heart of Mesopotamia.

The native Kurdish (West Iranian) religion predate the Assyrians by thousands of years. Ezdixan, the heartland of the Mesopotamia, has always been populated by the Ezdi Kurds. Our religion was born in the Mesopotamia dating back to the ancient Sumerians. Our religion, the concept of 7 angels, Tause Meles, Ezide Sor is much, much more ancient than the whole Semitic race. We predate Assyrians or other Semites by thousands of years. Your ancestors were the immigratns to our holy lands, never forget that.

That's why our enemies (like Sunni Muslims, Turks) try to destroy the Ezdi Kurds. Because if they destroy Ezidi Kurds, they would destroy the Kurdish history, and it would be more easier for them to spread propaganda about the Kurds.  Our enemies are trying to eradicate the whole ancient Kurdish history, becasue they want to assimilate the Kurds. Nation building starts with history. And our enemies are trying to destory our West Iranian (Aryan) history.

You sound like one of our enemies. There is no difference between you and the Sunni Muslim Turks and Arabs, You are as radical as them, you are the same who is denying the history of the Kurds.

And we are going to fight and oppose people like you as much as we do oppose the Sunni Muslims. It doesn't matter to what religion you do belong.
When you are denying our history, we are going to oppose you. And the West Iranian (Aryans) are going to win, no matter what. We survived everybody and everyhing. We are the OLDEST people on this planet. We are the survivals.
First off...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parthian_language
"The Parthian language, also known as Arsacid Pahlavi and Pahlaw?n?g, is a now-extinct ancient Northwestern Iranian language spoken in Parthia, a region of northeastern ancient Iran."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Iranian_languages
"The Eastern Iranian languages are a subgroup of the Iranian languages emerging in Middle Iranian times (from c. the 4th century BC). The Avestan language is often classified as early Eastern Iranian. The largest living Eastern Iranian language is Pashto, with some 50-60 million speakers between the Hindu Kush mountains in Afghanistan and the Indus River in Pakistan."

Eastern Iranian Languages - Afghanistan and Pakistan areas.
Western Iranian Languages - modern country of Iran.
GET IT RIGHT.

Assyrians never lived in "shengal"? is that why we have our own name for it that is different from yours? History has already proven Assyrians lived in North Mesopotamia first, adding onto that we also have our own name for "sinjar/shengal"

The name "sinjar" and its origin
Attestation of name ??????? in the Mu?jam al-buld?n of Y?q?t al-?amaw?. (not before 1224, not after 1228)
Y?q?t al-?amaw?, Mu?jam al-buld?n ( Beirut: D?r al-kutub al-?ilmiyya, 1990) http://syriaca.org/bibl/636, pp: ???:297.Link to Syriaca.org Bibliographic Record

Why do Assyrians have a different name for Sinjar but the Kurdish form sounds like a simple modification of the Arabic name "sinjar"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinjar_Mountains#Population_and_history
"Since the 12th century,[9] the area around the mountains have been mainly inhabited by Yazidis[10] who venerate them and consider the highest to be the place where Noah's Ark settled after the biblical flood.[11] The Yazidis have historically used the mountains as a place of refuge and escape during periods of conflict. Gertrude Bell wrote, in the 1920s: "Until a couple of years ago the Yezidis were ceaselessly at war with the Arabs and with everybody else."[9]"

[9] - "Tim Lister (August 12, 2014). "Dehydration or massacre: Thousands caught in ISIS chokehold""
[10] - "Fuccaro, Nelida (1999). The Other Kurds: Yazidis in Colonial Iraq. London: I.B.Tauris. pp. 47?48. ISBN 978-1-86064-170-1."

If Yezidis really were the oldest people on the planet, why don't you have your own native alphabet that is similar to either Aramaic or Akkadian/Sumerian writing? Aramaic and Akkadian were the the dominant languages of mesopotamia but Yezidis use neither the language nor the writing...

Cascade

Ezidi Kurd said:
Ezdi Kurds are Kurmanji Kurds who NEVER changed their religion. Ezdi Kurd = non-Muslim Kurmanji Kurds. Kurmanji Kurds are Kurds. So Ezdi Kurds are Kurds.

I've got more self-respect than your people. I have so much self-respect that I don't have to lie about others and other races!

Once again, the Shengal Moutains were the beginning and the centre of the Ubaid Sumerian civilization, the GREATEST Sumerian civilization ever. The Sumerians were West Iranian (Iranid/Aryan) people. Ezdi Kurds are the most native people of the Shengal Moutains. Assyrians have never been living in Shengal Mountains. Semitic people are not the 'mountain' people. There is 0, 0 ,0 Assyrian villages in Shengal Mountains.

Our native SUMERIAN religion (concepts like the 7 angels, Tause Melek, Ezide Sor etc.) predate the Assyrians and even your Semitic ancestors by thousands of years. And I'm sure that we will SURVIVE you by another thousands of years. Our survival = our infinite self-respect to our religion, ancestors and our race. This is how much self-respect we have got!!!
You are not Sumerian. Really, stop this, you're not even funny. What do Yazidis have to do with a southern Iraqi, desert civilization? Stop your lousy contradiction. You just admitted again that your people are from them the Shengal mountains and Semites are not "mountain people". Last time I checked, Sumer was not up there. You're right, we're not from the mountains. That's why our homeland is in the plains of Mesopotamia, south of your mountains. Also, Sumeria is there too. So who's more related to Sumerians? I think the answer is obvious.

Like it or not, but Sumerians are the predominate ancestors of the "Semites" in Mesopotamia. Akkadians and ancient Assyrians have had similar cultures to theirs - Behold their art and see how similar they are to the Sumerian art scene. Now yes, even some Iranians may have Sumerian ancestry - After all, it's the Middle East and we all would naturally intermix there. But the Sumerian descendants would still be mostly "Semitic", namely Babylonian, Assyrian or Akkadian. Like what Atoraya Chaldaya said, you would have Assyrian ancestry too if you also have Sumerian in you, since they gave birth to us.

No. You have no self-respect at all. Most Yazidis just call themselves Yazidi and are proud of that, despite being of a Kurdish "kind". Kurds have slaughtered your people, and as such, they find the title "Kurdish" for them now insensitive and inappropriate. So that's why they try hard to be independent from the Kurdish identity. Strange that you're not doing this. I think, you are either a Kurd posing as a Yazidi, or you're just one deviating, odd Yazidi. I've suspected the former, btw.

Not to sound patronizing, but it seems like you're really insecure about your race. You want to try to grab other successful, ancient ethnic groups to be your  forefathers, just so you guys would appear "superior" (and let's face it, mountain people are not really that "civilized"). You have a cultural or racial case of the "Napoleon syndrome". It's really pathetic.

P.S. You're right that we have nothing to do with the Shengal mountains, as it's not part of our homeland. Although our empire has been there in the past, just as it has been in Lebanon, Jordan and Egypt.

Cascade

mrzurnaci said:
If Yezidis really were the oldest people on the planet, why don't you have your own native alphabet that is similar to either Aramaic or Akkadian/Sumerian writing? Aramaic and Akkadian were the the dominant languages of mesopotamia but Yezidis use neither the language nor the writing...
1+

Cascade

To simply answer the thread, yes I accept a Kurdish country. Why? I really don't care about our homeland. It's finished. It's gone. Iraq took it and crapped over it, as did many other nations in early modern history. So now it's left for Kurds?

Not to mention, Kurdistan seems rather stable and relatively prosperous. Iraq, on the other hand, has become unstable and corrupt. So maybe the Kurds can fix things a little if they're independent?

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
So, we have got evidence that Shingal was the homeland of the legendary Ubaid proto-Sumerians.

There is a link between the Yezidism and ancient Sumerian mythology.

The Ezdi Kurds are the most native and the only people of Shingal Mountains. In the Mountains there are only Ezdi villages and Ezdi Kurds. No traces from other races, only the Sumerians. It has NOTHING to do with the Assyrians. Ezdi Kurds predate the Assyrians by thousands of years. Our religion is even older than the Semites (ancestors of the Assyrians) who migrated into the Mesopotamia.

Ezdi Kurds HAVE the Sumerian religion. We have their customs and their culture. Shingal was the homeland of the Sumerians, Ezdi Kurds live in a region where the Sumerians lived. Ezdi Kurds are native to that region. So, 1+1=2. It makes Sumerians the ancestors of the Ezdi Kurds (Medes / West Iranians).

We are the OLDEST people on this planet!

so Yezidis are Kurdish speaking Assyrians? Also, the Ezdi Chermera temple looks Persian in architecture which is derived from Assyrio-Babylonian architecture.

Let's try something else try having respect for others and don't believe in Kurdish propaganda.

You believe in a very old confession but that does not make you old.Sumerian history is our history because they were one of our forefathers that religion of yours you believe in was made by our ancestors..

Nothing Kurdish about Sumerians.

Neta1991

Ezidi Kurd said:
Ezdi Kurds are the original and native population of the ancient lands of the proto-Sumerian Shengal. This is a FACT!

Ezdi Kurds have West Iranian DNA and a native NorthWest Iranian language of Kurmanji. Kurmanji is the language of our native Sumerian religion. The prayers, the ceremony etc. of the Sumerian Yezidism ARE in Kurmanji Kurdish.

There is EVERYTHING Sumerian about the Kurds.

Assyrians are mostly Semitic and their ancesotrs were mostly Semitic tribes lik that of Akkadians, Arameans etc.. Assyrians have nothing to do with the Sumerians.

if u were here l would kill you fucking retard

mrzurnaci

Ezidi Kurd said:
The DNA of the Ezdi Kurds is even more Iranid/Kurdish/WestIranian/Aryan than that of the most Kurds. How can Ezdi Kurds be related to the Assyrians when our DNA is West Iranian and closely related to other West Iranians like Persians, West Iranians of the Caspian Sea etc.?

We have more ancient Eneolithic Iranid auDNA from Zagros Mountains in us than the most West Iranians..

We speak a pure form of Kurmanji. Kurmanji is our NATIVE language. It is the language of our Sumerian religion. Genetically we are hardcore West Iranians. We have nothing to do with the Semites. Neither our native Sumerian religion, neither or culture, nor our language, nor or DNA.

Sumerians were also from the Mountains and their DNA was also West Iranian in nature heavily with Eneolithic Zagros Aryan auDNA.

Kurds DON'T have the Semitic DNA. Our DNA is closely related tot the Iranian Plateau DNA and Eneolithic Zagros Aryan auDNA.

Chermera temple looks actually very SUMERIAN to me. It has been build by the Ezdi Kurds and nobody else..

does not compute. Iranians of Aryan descent didn't move into the Iranian plateau until Assyrian empire. This completely contradicts Yezidis being Sumerian or whatever you said.

For Yezidis to be connected to the Sumerians would meant that Yezidis existed under the Assyrian empire but then you change this by saying Yezidis are Aryans.

You can't have your cake and eat it too as it makes no logical sense. Yezidi ancestors cannot be at two places at once.

Cascade

Ezidi Kurd said:
The Ezdi Kurds are the most native and the only people of Shingal Mountains. In the Mountains there are only Ezdi villages and Ezdi Kurds. No traces from other races, only the Sumerians. It has NOTHING to do with the Assyrians. Ezdi Kurds predate the Assyrians by thousands of years. Our religion is even older than the Semites (ancestors of the Assyrians) who migrated into the Mesopotamia.
And yet you still continue to classify language families as if they're a race. That's why I cannot take you too seriously, even though at times you do make credible points. Semites aren't a race of people. Unless you believe in the Old Testament, you know, the Jewish book, there's no need to fall for that BS. And I thought you hated Judaism and their "ideas". Guess what? Because the term "Semitic" is their classification. How many times do I have to explain this to you?

"Semites" were always there. But they just didn't speak a Semitic language. Why? Maybe because it hadn't evolved yet. There is no such thing as a Semitic race that came out of I don't know where and always spoke Semitic. Can you at least concur to that?

Ezidi Kurd said:
I'm looking deep into the history. That's why I do consider modern people Ezdi Kurds as Sumerians and modern people Assyrians as Akkadians. And it makes lots of sense. Sumerians and Akkadians were neighbours of each other. Sumerians lived in the north and Akkadians/Arameans lived in the south.
Like I said, you're only "grabbing" Sumerians because they're the first civilizations and they don't speak a Semitic language. This is just convenient to you. It's gold. Maybe Sumerians gave birth to both Assyrians and Western Iranians? Ever thought that they can be the common ancestors of us both? At least I can concede that. It's all too black and white with you.

Btw, the Mittanis and Kassites spoke a Hurrian-Urartian language - Which is NOT even part of the Indo-European/Indo-Aryan language family. So there you go. Your people existed back then, just like ours did (Sumerians and Babylonians), but they didn't speak the modern languages that are associated with Afro-Asiatic and Indo-European, like you and I do. Does this mean that because Sumerians didn't speak a Semitic language we have no relations with them? Or that you guys have no connection with ancient peoples because they spoke a language from a different family?

Kurds don't speak a Hurrian language. They speak an Indo-European language. So they cannot be the modern Kassites or Mittanis since they're "Indo-Europeans", right? I mean, that's your logic, is it not? But you only apply it for Semitic-speaking peoples, oddly.

AshurayaPlasha

Umman Manda are clearly people that come from todays Iran or Anatolia (Turkey) and were a degraded group, also known as "enemies of civilization" referring to barbarians. The Assyrians never identified the Shumerians as "Umman Manda" and there are no evidence to show that Shumerians were part of / related the Umman manda group.... and even if they were categorized as being part of that group, it wouldn't mean that they were related to Iranic people. The Hurrians and Elamites (for example) were not related to Indo-Iranic people, the Hurrians were conquered by the Indo-Iranic people, just as the Shumerians were conquered by the Semitic people.

Cascade

AshurayaPlasha said:
Umman Manda are clearly people that come from todays Iran or Anatolia (Turkey) and were a degraded group, also known as "enemies of civilization" referring to barbarians. The Assyrians never identified the Shumerians as "Umman Manda" and there are no evidence to show that Shumerians were part of / related the Umman manda group.... and even if they were categorized as being part of that group, it wouldn't mean that they were related to Iranic people. The Hurrians and Elamites (for example) were not related to Indo-Iranic people, the Hurrians were conquered by the Indo-Iranic people, just as the Shumerians were conquered by the Semitic people.
This very idea now would feed his agenda.

How about, the Sumerians and other "archaic" people living there, who did not speak a Semitic language (as it probably didn't exist), were the forefathers of Assyrians and Akkadians. Semitic-speaking peoples didn't come out of nowhere and conquer Mesopotamia. We were there for millenias. Only our modern Semitic language wasn't - We just didn't speak an Afro-Asiatic language. Just the same way Assyrians didn't always speak Aramaic (which came from Aramea), but Akkadian (and other ancient Semitic tongues) at that time.

AshurayaPlasha

It doesn't feed to his agenda because that's what happened, no one can claim to be descendants of Sumerians, Elamites or Hurrians, it's just not historically/culturally possible, and even the term "Sumerian" actually didn't exist outside of the Akkadian cuneiform, so technically speaking, the "Sumerian/Shumerian" people didn't actually exist, now do we know for a fact whether or not Semites, or "Sumerian"-speakers existed since 6000 years or more in Mesopotamia? Or were rather natives or invaders? We will never know, and if someone says "Yes I know" then they are lying.

Cascade

AshurayaPlasha said:
It doesn't feed to his agenda because that's what happened, no one can claim to be descendants of Sumerians, Elamites or Hurrians, it's just not historically/culturally possible, and even the term "Sumerian" actually didn't exist outside of the Akkadian cuneiform, so technically speaking, the "Sumerian/Shumerian" people didn't actually exist, now do we know for a fact whether or not Semites, or "Sumerian"-speakers existed since 6000 years or more in Mesopotamia? Or were rather natives or invaders? We will never know, and if someone says "Yes I know" then they are lying.
No, you're right. I know that nobody, whether an Assyrian or a Kurd, is a full, living descendant of a Sumerian, since so many mixing has happened since then. As with Elamites and Hurrians. Perhaps Sumerians are the common ancestors of Arabs, Persians, Assyrians and pretty much every person from the Middle East? I don't know. But I can go with that idea.

My main point was that there is no such thing as a "Semitic" race. We adopted the Semitic language in history - And that's what "Semitic" is, a mere language family, not some culture or an ethnic group (what Ezedi Kurd is claiming). I don't know why we happened to speak it, but maybe it became convenient to us hence the adoption? Just the same way we discontinued Akkadian and spoke Aramaic afterwards. Now would you say that we're an "Aramaic" race? Of course not, since Akkadian and Aramaic are just languages. That was my point all along.

"Semites" may have existed 6000 years ago, but who said that they spoke a Semitic language? And if they didn't speak a Semitic language, that wouldn't make them "Semites", no? That's why I believe we shouldn't use language families to categorize a group of people. For the ancient Mesopotamian people, we can just plainly call them Mesopotamians.

AshurayaPlasha

Thats the thing Neon... They always go by written records, historians state (by theory) that Semities first entered Meospotamia around 3500-3100 BC, all because that is the earliest date they found of Semitic names written in Akkadian, but they dont know how long Semites actually inhabited Mesopotamia.

There is a book called - Babylonians, written by H. W. F. Saggs. He explains in his book that there is NO data of Proto-Akkadian migration to Mesopotamia, and also, semitic speaking families were prominent (significant population) in Mesopotamia at around 2750 BC according to Sumerian written records, -- which means that Akkadian-speaking people would've definitely inhabited Mesopotamia since the dawn of civilization.

These termonologies such as "Semites" or "Aryans" "Hamites" ...etc.. are just there to know the difference/similarities between language groups.

http://etc.ancient.eu/interviews/ancient-mesopotamia-inventing-and-reinventing-our-world/ -- You guys should read this article.