A Very Useful Tool

gilbert

Guys, check this out. This is from www.answers.com

As you might already know, answers.com is a great online dictionary that defines the word you're searching for and provides you with a whole lot of other information related to your word, including an Encyclopedia.

But anyways, to the main point. There's a tool which you can download, where you hold Alt and click on any word you see on any page on the net and it will open up answers.com with the definition on it and whatever other information it provides. But the main reason I love it and why others will love it is because it gives you the definition instantly! So its not going to interrupt your reading, rather its going to help you understand whatever it is you're reading faster. All you do after reading the definition is just click back.

Basically, whenever you're reading something, like a post on avn, and you run into a word you're not sure about (because a lot of people try to act smart), just hold Alt and click on that word and it will give you the definition in a matter of a second!

Here's the link below. Just choose what you want it for. Either Windows (for Internet Explorer users), or MAC users, or Firefox users. Firefox is at the bottom, just scroll down.

http://www.answers.com/main/product_info.jsp

Hey, you might even start to build your vocabulary because now it wont be such a hastle looking up words :mrgreen:

ok im lovin this already. genius gilbert, pure genius. and to think kevin was named one of the smartest members, i think we overlooked a viable candidate. :artist:

gilbert said:
Basically, whenever you're reading something, like a post on avn, and you run into a word you're not sure about

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

gilbert said:
Basically, whenever you're reading something, like a post on avn, and you run into a word you're not sure about (because a lot of people try to act smart), just hold Alt and click on that word and it will give you the definition in a matter of a second!

Oh, I have that function already ... in my BRAIN! Haha, talk about cocky... :angelnot:

RadRides said:
ok im lovin this already. genius gilbert, pure genius. and to think kevin was named one of the smartest members, i think we overlooked a viable candidate. :artist:

Lol its such a great program eh.

Dont worry, kevin is smart in his own way. I just think he's cocky and misuses his intelligence and is extremely rude. There's no need for it. I think he can use it for better purposes. More positive purposes. He's an intelligent kid, its a shame to see it go to waste.

Atleast, that's how I see it from an online point of view.

gilbert said:
RadRides said:

Lol its such a great program eh.

Dont worry, kevin is smart in his own way. I just think he's cocky and misuses his intelligence and is extremely rude. There's no need for it. I think he can use it for better purposes. More positive purposes. He's an intelligent kid, its a shame to see it go to waste.

Atleast, that's how I see it from an online point of view.

Hey, no ones perfect.
27.gif

gilbert said:
Guys, check this out. This is from www.answers.com

As you might already know, answers.com is a great online dictionary that defines the word you're searching for and provides you with a whole lot of other information related to your word, including an Encyclopedia.

But anyways, to the main point. There's a tool which you can download, where you hold Alt and click on any word you see on any page on the net and it will open up answers.com with the definition on it and whatever other information it provides. But the main reason I love it and why others will love it is because it gives you the definition instantly! So its not going to interrupt your reading, rather its going to help you understand whatever it is you're reading faster. All you do after reading the definition is just click back.

Basically, whenever you're reading something, like a post on avn, and you run into a word you're not sure about (because a lot of people try to act smart ), just hold Alt and click on that word and it will give you the definition in a matter of a second!

Here's the link below. Just choose what you want it for. Either Windows (for Internet Explorer users), or MAC users, or Firefox users. Firefox is at the bottom, just scroll down.

http://www.answers.com/main/product_info.jsp

Hey, you might even start to build your vocabulary because now it wont be such a hastle looking up words :mrgreen:

Who are you referring to here, Gilbert? :grin:

Back