• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Asshur

Domanic said:
I didn't know they would found it, and I'm actually really scared because they are extremely religious.
So how did they found out through Facebook? Will you get beaten by your father? Because I would probably get neglected by my whole family tree if I did that

Cascade

Who is scarier, your mother or your father? Good luck anyway...  :mrgreen:

My family knows that I'm not part of any religion. So do my aunts (one of them is conservative and tries to "convert" me, but she still loves me and we get along fine).

My mother understands. She is also a "confused" Christian. At times I believe that she is a "closet" Atheist. She says she believes the Jesus part, but not the fantastical sections, mainly in the Old Testament (talking snake, the flood, parting of the red sea, Jonah and the fish, etc)...

My dad doesn't get it and always tries to talk in religion to me. And funny, he's the most ignorant one when it comes to science, nature and even the bible itself...

mrzurnaci

nice job hawnana :)

Do what I do, NEVER bring it up...

If your parents bring it up, simply tell them that you'd rather care about your people over God since God is all-powerful and forgiving but u still give the proper respect to God and blah blah so on.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Hope you get a good beating :clap:

This is a lesson for you: like others mentioned, you go out of your way to flash and show that you are becoming atheists. While you are free to believe in anything or nothing, it is not something to be very proud of.

ASHOOR

Asshur

I don't get it, why not praise god and believe in Science to? isn't it just better? What if you die and it turns out that the whole biblical myth was true? What are you gonna do then? This is why I tell some people they should have a plan after death, they have nothing to lose if you believe in god

mrzurnaci

Domanic said:
This is what I told them and they still didn't listen..

Your post is invalid.  :biggrin:

My step dad is a Maronite Christian he is not as religious as my mother and she is from the chaldean catholic sect.

Your dad is like my mum, she's very religious she always says how Catholicism saved us and got us out of iraq ect ect..
If they won't listen, the only thing u can do is repeat it till they listen :3

Cascade

ASHOOR said:
Hope you get a good beating :clap:

This is a lesson for you: like others mentioned, you go out of your way to flash and show that you are becoming atheists. While you are free to believe in anything or nothing, it is not something to be very proud of.
Assyrians have the rights to be anything they want. They can also be proud of it.

I'm sure you're a proud Christian?

mrzurnaci

Domanic said:
ASHOOR is sometimes an idiot and a hypocrite when he doesn't notice.
That's a real assholish thing to say, ASHOOR has done ALOT here and I bet it's a lot of hard working running this website and keeping it maintained. ASHOOR is no idiot so idk what ASHOOR you've met

Asshur

Domanic said:
I don't care If I get banned,

did you see what I wrote? But yet I can put lots of Jesus quotes on facebook and it's alright...
HAHAHA desperate? Just believe in god and worship him , consider it as a second plan after death, if there is such thing as afterlife then it would suck for you bein placed in hell, for not believing.

Anyway keep your cool and respect your elders and superiors...

Cascade

Asshur said:
HAHAHA desperate? Just believe in god and worship him , consider it as a second plan after death, if there is such thing as afterlife then it would suck for you bein placed in hell, for not believing.
Pascal's Wager's much?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

People laugh at this idea - "Just believe in him, in case he exists, so you don't have to go to hell"...

Back to the topic, I don't agree with Dominic calling Ashoor an idiot. He is not a moderator, but a reputable user in here who deserves respect and dignity - After all, he keeps this forum alive. It's okay to disagree with him or anyone really, but let's not jump into name-calling please.

Asshur

privatebenjamin said:
Pascal's Wager's much?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

People laugh at this idea - "Just believe in him, in case he exists, so you don't have to go to hell"...

Back to the topic, I don't agree with Dominic calling Ashoor an idiot. He is not a moderator, but a reputable user in here who deserves respect and dignity - After all, he keeps this forum alive. It's okay to disagree with him or anyone really, but let's not jump into name-calling please.
Lol I never read about this and this was pretty much my own idea xD, laugh? I couldn't careless , if science is so allmighty and powerfull why can't it explain the holy light of Jerusalem that takes palce once every year in easter? Or the Apperance of virgin Mary? 500kk+ did see her in Egypt.

Sorry , I hope this shouldn't trigger anything, by all respect to you Benjamin

Cascade

Asshur said:
Lol I never read about this and this was pretty much my own idea xD, laugh? I couldn't careless , if science is so allmighty and powerfull why can't it explain the holy light of Jerusalem that takes palce once every year in easter? Or the Apperance of virgin Mary? 500kk+ did see her in Egypt.

Sorry , I hope this shouldn't trigger anything, by all respect to you Benjamin
The accounts of light in Jerusalem are pretty much anecdotal. It could also be edited on video. Where's the actual evidence that can be tested? Not to mention, you don't have 70,000 accounts of what happened. You have ONE account simply saying 70,000 people saw this. The plural of anecdote is not data. It does not become more credible simply because you pile on more people who say they believe it.

Science is almighty and powerful anyway. Look at your computer, your hospitals (medicine, anesthesia), your home (lights, microwaves, oven), your labs, your skies (satellites).

Science could cure cancer. They should be fixated on that. It has no time for explaining hoaxes like lights and Virgin Mary appearance.

Asshur

privatebenjamin said:
The accounts of light in Jerusalem are pretty much anecdotal. It could also be edited on video. Where's the actual evidence that can be tested? Not to mention, you don't have 70,000 accounts of what happened. You have ONE account simply saying 70,000 people saw this. The plural of anecdote is not data. It does not become more credible simply because you pile on more people who say they believe it.

Science is almighty and powerful anyway. Look at your computer, your hospitals (medicine, anesthesia), your home (lights, microwaves, oven), your labs, your skies (satellites).

Science could cure cancer. They should be fixated on that. It has no time for explaining hoaxes like lights and Virgin Mary appearance.
The holy light of Jerusalem takes place every year on sunday also the day of Jesus ressurection 3 days after the crucifiction, I have personally attented under that event and trust me, the light didn't hurt, I literally had my hand on the fire for more than 4 seconds without feeling anything but heat... What about the incorrutiple corpse of the holy saints? 1 account? This is ridiculous there has been loads of scientists down there and they can't explain it...

Asshur

Domanic said:
Their is always an explanation behind a so called "mystery".
Sure thing , that mystery is god, you can read about this event, go travel to Israel and experience it. There is a few video on youtube

Cascade

Asshur said:
Sure thing , that mystery is god, you can read about this event, go travel to Israel and experience it. There is a few video on youtube
Again, a video won't prove anything. They'd simply be edited and emended here and there. About you experiencing it in Jerusalem, maybe it was some sort of a light effect that was specifically and intrinsically made to happen in that event? There are always scientific explanations to these things. You're a man of good knowledge, Asshur. You have educated me well here when it came to the Aramaic language. I believe you master in linguistics? Surely you must know understand where I'm coming from and what I'm trying to say.

Yes I am 9 month late replying to this. I didn't know that there were any replies. And this thread isn't halfway down the first page anyway.