34 year old Chaldo-Assyrian guy shot dead in Sydney...yet again!

Cascade

Whilst he was described as good and loving guy (he actually was, from what I heard of him firsthand), he was said to be part of a gang. He was shot dead at 3am. He had a lot of gunshots. His funeral was huge - Drumming, dancing, singing, ululating. His name was Ammar Kettule. More sad and creepy, was that his younger brother was ALSO shot dead in 2014, at the age of 20. And there was a thread on this back then.

Damn this is awful, especially reading that his brother was killed 6 years ago.

Nothing Good comes from these gangs. Assyrians used to have similar gang issues here in Toronto, but that was like in the 90s and we have mostly moved past that , with a few rare occurrences here and there.

Damn this is awful, especially reading that his brother was killed 6 years ago.

Nothing Good comes from these gangs. Assyrians used to have similar gang issues here in Toronto, but that was like in the 90s and we have mostly moved past that , with a few rare occurrences here and there.
We also started to have this problem in the 1990s. But it got worse in the 2000s and 2010s. Looks like we're not improving. Just why aren't the cops going after these gangs or at least Ammar's murderer(s)? It beats me.

We should boycott hip hop culture to be honest.

We also started to have this problem in the 1990s. But it got worse in the 2000s and 2010s. Looks like we're not improving. Just why aren't the cops going after these gangs or at least Ammar's murderer(s)? It beats me.

We should boycott hip hop culture to be honest.
After 6 Assyrians ended up in jail over the murder of policeman David Carty back in 1997, I thought Assyrians would not go down the gang path. I had no idea since I left Sydney that this khmaruta still exists in our community.

After 6 Assyrians ended up in jail over the murder of policeman David Carty back in 1997, I thought Assyrians would not go down the gang path. I had no idea since I left Sydney that this khmaruta still exists in our community.
I heard he was cut in pieces. Disgusting that Assyrians are capable of doing this. It's so cruel and disgusting nasha.

It has gotten worse throughout the 2010s. There was a slight lull in the 2000s though. But in 2010s Assyrian gang violence peaked again and the 2020s don't look that good as well. Smh....

🤦‍♂️

Back