2009 Convention AVN Get Together Thread

Jones said:
Yeah I know its just my cousin advised us against staying in the convention hotel cause of past experience of crazyness: fire alarms being set off every night, couches in the elevators, so we thought we'd play it safe. lol.

Norah that is party of the fun lmao

rumrum said:
Up to you Jones, I mean stuff happens but I don't think its as bad as people say it is.  Should I confirm you as attending the gathering?

I don't know. I spoke to my sister about it and I thought it would be cool to stay in the main hotel. But never mind.

Anway, the covention itself isn't actually in the Intercontinental: its in the conference center and OUR hotel has a covered walk-way to the conference center. Oh yeah baby. lol

Oh yeah for sure we'll be at the gathering. Can't wait to meet everyone!  :bigarmhug:

shamoosey said:
Norah that is party of the fun lmao

I know. Never mind. We'll come over in the morning and have breakfast with you guys. lol.  :bigarmhug:

All,  sorry for slacking a little on this, still haven't decided on the place.  I'm thinking of a bar but if we have a large group we can do something else.  I'll update soon.

rumrum said:

***UPDATE*** 08/25/2009

Following are marked as attend, please post your name as a separate thread to include:

SHAMI(+1)
ANITA
RUMRUM (+1)
MARY
DENNIS
MARIA (+4)
DALIDA
BARWARNETA
JACOB (+2)
JONES (+1)
WALEETA

TENTATIVE:

DUDU
BOOQTA
SHUSHU

Dude its still Jones +2  :)

rumrum said:
All,  sorry for slacking a little on this, still haven't decided on the place.  I'm thinking of a bar but if we have a large group we can do something else.  I'll update soon.

What was wrong with Muvico? Seemed kinda funky.  :giggle:

Jones said:
Dude its still Jones +2  :)

What was wrong with Muvico? Seemed kinda funky.  :giggle:

You're right, I guess so far that's still the Plan A.  Maria, Glenview would be far, no public transportation goes there from the convention area so unless we all have cars and rides, it would be an ok idea.  You're thinking of the Glen?

I'll also update the roster, thanks Jones.

rumrum said:
You're right, I guess so far that's still the Plan A.  Maria, Glenview would be far, no public transportation goes there from the convention area so unless we all have cars and rides, it would be an ok idea.  You're thinking of the Glen?

I'll also update the roster, thanks Jones.
ya maybe yardhouse cuz of those big beers,and the food is good.

waleeta said:
I'm not confirmed, Rum, please update.

Confirm darn you! lol

Maria, Yardhouse would be great choice actually. But again we would need atleast 3-4 cars for that trip.  I can offer mine but its still the rental lol  Plus maybe some people still had plans to go to the party on Friday?  If so we'd spend too much time over there I think.  And if we have cars, might as well go to downtown in my opinion.  Original intent was to stay local no?

if there isnt anything nice around the hotel, cant we just get cabs down to where ever we decide to go? between four people cab wouldnt be that expensive would it?

Assyrian_SweetHeart said:
is there a place close to the hotel? so we dont have to travel far?

The Muvico is close to the hotel, walking distance. If the intention is to just hang out and drink, maybe catch a flick together (open seating, couches, and drinks lol) then I think its the best bet.

The area centers around a convention center and freeways so there's really little there except hotel restaurants and bars, which we all know are a little $$ and not too casual.

Personally I'd rather have the out of towners experience the downtown scene, which we would need cars/cabs for.  Sham, I like the cab idea too, you're right.  Cabs shouldn't be too bad if we can fit in 3-4 per.  A cab ride each way will run about $30...split by 4 shouldnt be too bad.

I think right now we'll stick with Movico, I'll keep in touch with Maria to finalize by this weekend.  Thank you for your patience!  One more week people! :)

waleeta said:
Rum, the train goes directly downtown!

waleeta you got me thinking...

All, if we make it a plan to go to downtown Friday night, chances are we won't be back for the party that night.  What do you all think? I'm assuming everyone is 21+ and wants to see the city more than stay by the hotels. Let me know!

rumrum said:

All, if we make it a plan to go to downtown Friday night, chances are we won't be back for the party that night.  What do you all think? I'm assuming everyone is 21+ and wants to see the city more than stay by the hotels. Let me know!

well I have heard the Friday night party aint all that, so I dont mind missing out on it and go check out downtown instead...if there is a train to downtown, we can get it to get there and then cab it back to the hotel later, what does everyone thinK?

and yes I just turned 21 so I am set :angelnot:

rumrum said:

Um aren't there only like 3 parties? Isnt the whole point of going to the convention, to go to the convention? Just a thought.... :blush2:

ASHOOR said:
Man, how do I answer this question, or where to begin?

This being ABN's 10th anniversary, and being in Chicago where a lot of AVNers would make, I was really hoping I could go. And I still do. But lately I have been having my doubts for many reasons. We shall see. The gathering better continue with or without me, it is not like I am the fun person that everyone waits for anyway! haha

ASHOOR

Ashoor you have to come so Michi can come with you :)

Back