2009 Convention AVN Get Together Thread

So, why did you guys slow down, where is the list? what is happening? where will you meet?

ASHOOR

rumrum said:

***UPDATE*** 7/29/2009

Looks like Friday night is looking good for a quick AVN gathering.

Shall we say, Friday Sep 4, 7pm?  

AB,  there is a Muvico very close, walking distance to the hotel... for those of you that don't know what Muvico is, its a hyped-up theatre where you can eat and drink (bar) etc.   Here's the link:  https://www.muvico.com/default.asp?t=210

There are also a couple of bars like RAM and Shoeless Joe's that are a couple min cab ride away.

Sham, I'll probably stop by Thursday as well so let me know if you need some pointers or what not... we can start the party before everyone lol  Who else will be there Thursday?

I just saw this update, woops! hehe

Friday sounds good to me  :mrgreen:

Not sure what tim I land but will defo keep you updated, I can wait now!

Shall we start a list of who is going to be there? as Ashoor suggested?

AVN CONVENTION GATHERING LISTM

SHAMI
ANITA
RUMRUM
MARY
DENNIS

Hey!! So I finally got my phone linked on here woohoo!!! So I believe u can count me and dennis in for the avn meeting... :)

rumrum said:
This is a thread to start the conversation about the 2009 Convention AVN Gathering.

My suggestion is either Friday or Saturday night...depending on when everyone gets there.  Usually everyone is there and checked in by Friday night so that may be the best time, but it also could be too early for some locals who might work Friday and be there later.

Saturday is a good time too, so I'm more for this option.  Maybe during the day/afternoon, before the party.  There are some restaurants very close to the convention center also some bars a 5 min cab ride away.

I don't like Sunday because its usually too late in Convention time and chances are we will have already seen each other at the party(ies) on Saturday.

What do you all think?

My vote is Saturday afternoon, before party.  3pm-6pm?

***UPDATE*** 7/29/2009

Looks like Friday night is looking good for a quick AVN gathering.

Shall we say, Friday Sep 4, 7pm? 

AB,  there is a Muvico very close, walking distance to the hotel... for those of you that don't know what Muvico is, its a hyped-up theatre where you can eat and drink (bar) etc.  Here's the link:  https://www.muvico.com/default.asp?t=210

There are also a couple of bars like RAM and Shoeless Joe's that are a couple min cab ride away.

Sham, I'll probably stop by Thursday as well so let me know if you need some pointers or what not... we can start the party before everyone lol  Who else will be there Thursday?

***UPDATE*** 08/17/2009

Following are marked as attend, please post your name as a separate thread to include:

SHAMI
ANITA
RUMRUM
MARY
DENNIS
MARIA
ALVINA :D
Also, The time has been set at 7pm so far but I heard that the comedy show might conflict with that time.  I will double-check and confirm within the week.

AssyrianBookTa said:
how exciting!!!! you're official??!!!!  :yourock: :wavetowel:

Yes! I'm official.  :clap: I got my passport in the mail yesterday and I figured out everything else. We will be there Thursday morning. I will call you to tell you what's going on. 

Assyrian_SweetHeart said:
yaya!!!!  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Can't wait!!

Ramsen what ashurina do u have on our list????

if its ash our molester she wont be making it :(  :cry: :cry:

but her brother will be coming so im sure he'll come to the gathering other wise i'm making him

Dalida said:
Yes! I'm official.  :clap: I got my passport in the mail yesterday and I figured out everything else. We will be there Thursday morning. I will call you to tell you what's going on. 

Can't wait!!

lol Passport or not I had you marked as official :p

Barwarneta:  thanks for the update, I took Ash off the list :(

Barwarneta said:
i hope u make it to my wedding!!
plus me and hubby will come out there to see u

YAY! :jumpy: Come visit me!! :bigarmhug:

And I hope I can make it to your wedding, too!!! :mrgreen:

Ok so finally booked the flights and the hotel for the convention!!!! Will be there on Thursday. Where is everyone staying? We r at the Double Tree Hotel.

Should be there for the get together on Friday plus my brother and sister.

:)

Jones said:
Ok so finally booked the flights and the hotel for the convention!!!! Will be there on Thursday. Where is everyone staying? We r at the Double Tree Hotel.

Should be there for the get together on Friday plus my brother and sister.

:)

Hi Jones.

Actually, the convention is at the Hotel Intercontinental... why did you book at Double Tree?  Was IC booked?

I'll put you down as a go.

(Thread updated)

rumrum said:
Hi Jones.

Actually, the convention is at the Hotel Intercontinental... why did you book at Double Tree?  Was IC booked?

I'll put you down as a go.

(Thread updated)

Yeah I know its just my cousin advised us against staying in the convention hotel cause of past experience of crazyness: fire alarms being set off every night, couches in the elevators, so we thought we'd play it safe. lol.

Sounds like a great potential gathering with close to 25 people, but I am pretty sure we can get even more. I hope you guys tell other friends who are going, about this gathering, so they can join you.

Although I am not coming to the convention, but I was hoping to at least make it for this gathering, but not sure how easy that will be.

Please take lots of pictures, including a group one.

ASHOOR

Jones said:
Yeah I know its just my cousin advised us against staying in the convention hotel cause of past experience of crazyness: fire alarms being set off every night, couches in the elevators, so we thought we'd play it safe. lol.

Up to you Jones, I mean stuff happens but I don't think its as bad as people say it is.  Should I confirm you as attending the gathering?

regarding the day of the comedy show, got this message from the AANF facebook group:

VINCENT OSHANA HAS NOW BEEN CONFIRMED FOR CONVENTION. SHOW WILL BE ON SEPT 5, 2009

Tickets will be $25.00 per person.
Time and exact location will be updated..

most likey 7pm or 730pm at Convention Center in Rosemont..

if the above is true then our gathering can be done on the 4th as planned, woop woop! :wavetowel:

Back