• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

2009 Convention AVN Get Together Thread

Ashuriena

Barwarneta said:
i hope u make it to my wedding!!
plus me and hubby will come out there to see u
YAY! :jumpy: Come visit me!! :bigarmhug:

And I hope I can make it to your wedding, too!!! :mrgreen:

Jones

Ok so finally booked the flights and the hotel for the convention!!!! Will be there on Thursday. Where is everyone staying? We r at the Double Tree Hotel.

Should be there for the get together on Friday plus my brother and sister.

:)

rumrum

Jones said:
Ok so finally booked the flights and the hotel for the convention!!!! Will be there on Thursday. Where is everyone staying? We r at the Double Tree Hotel.

Should be there for the get together on Friday plus my brother and sister.

:)
Hi Jones.

Actually, the convention is at the Hotel Intercontinental... why did you book at Double Tree?  Was IC booked?

I'll put you down as a go.

(Thread updated)

Jones

rumrum said:
Hi Jones.

Actually, the convention is at the Hotel Intercontinental... why did you book at Double Tree?  Was IC booked?

I'll put you down as a go.

(Thread updated)
Yeah I know its just my cousin advised us against staying in the convention hotel cause of past experience of crazyness: fire alarms being set off every night, couches in the elevators, so we thought we'd play it safe. lol.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like a great potential gathering with close to 25 people, but I am pretty sure we can get even more. I hope you guys tell other friends who are going, about this gathering, so they can join you.

Although I am not coming to the convention, but I was hoping to at least make it for this gathering, but not sure how easy that will be.

Please take lots of pictures, including a group one.

ASHOOR

rumrum

Jones said:
Yeah I know its just my cousin advised us against staying in the convention hotel cause of past experience of crazyness: fire alarms being set off every night, couches in the elevators, so we thought we'd play it safe. lol.
Up to you Jones, I mean stuff happens but I don't think its as bad as people say it is.  Should I confirm you as attending the gathering?

shamoosey

regarding the day of the comedy show, got this message from the AANF facebook group:

VINCENT OSHANA HAS NOW BEEN CONFIRMED FOR CONVENTION. SHOW WILL BE ON SEPT 5, 2009

Tickets will be $25.00 per person.
Time and exact location will be updated..

most likey 7pm or 730pm at Convention Center in Rosemont..
if the above is true then our gathering can be done on the 4th as planned, woop woop! :wavetowel:

shamoosey

Jones said:
Norah that is party of the fun lmao

Jones

rumrum said:
Up to you Jones, I mean stuff happens but I don't think its as bad as people say it is.  Should I confirm you as attending the gathering?
I don't know. I spoke to my sister about it and I thought it would be cool to stay in the main hotel. But never mind.

Anway, the covention itself isn't actually in the Intercontinental: its in the conference center and OUR hotel has a covered walk-way to the conference center. Oh yeah baby. lol

Oh yeah for sure we'll be at the gathering. Can't wait to meet everyone!  :bigarmhug:

shamoosey said:
Norah that is party of the fun lmao

I know. Never mind. We'll come over in the morning and have breakfast with you guys. lol.  :bigarmhug:

rumrum

All,  sorry for slacking a little on this, still haven't decided on the place.  I'm thinking of a bar but if we have a large group we can do something else.  I'll update soon.