• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

2009 AANF National Convention 09/03/2009 (Chicago) REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!

Barwarneta

shamoosey said:
I think we all are just a tad excitied that registration is finally open hehe
:grindance: :jump: :yes:

i know i am its my first convention and i'll get to meet all u guys there  :mrgreen:

BooQta

I am waiting for the actual daily schedule/plan to be published first, than i will register.

There is plenty of time, as long as you do it before the 21st of August, as price will go up by $25 after that.

shamoosey

Barwarneta said:
next friday for me. have u ?
im probably going to register some time this week, and book my room also :mrgreen: Party in Chi Town baby :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

MesopotamianGirl

Hello guys.
can you please tell me if we have to reserve for the parties, I mean pay before, is it okay to just attend the parties and picnics someone wants to go to and not rent a room in the hotel?

How many are going? I'm starting to plan right now.

Barwarneta

DuDu said:
Hello guys.
can you please tell me if we have to reserve for the parties, I mean pay before, is it okay to just attend the parties and picnics someone wants to go to and not rent a room in the hotel?

How many are going? I'm starting to plan right now.
u dont have to get a hotel room if u dont want to u just have to rejester with them and u'll pay before hand which is 130 per person and they'll give u an id to have with u all the time so u can get in to the parties and picnic.

AssyrianPrince21

BooQta said:
Daily Events and Picnic Info Coming Soon - i wont register until i see what the plan for the 5 days will be.

But look at the singers: Sargon Gabriel; Ramsen Sheeno; Albert Mansour; Talal Graish; Ninos David; Nagham Mousa; Lida Lawando; Bulbul

Oh my oh my, so worth going this year...
what happened to getting "BIG NAME" singers for these events.... :hmmm: .... besides sargon, everyone else is :nea:

baklawa

AssyrianPrince21 said:
what happened to getting "BIG NAME" singers for these events.... :hmmm: .... besides sargon, everyone else is :nea:
If you ask me, Talal Graish alone is worth going for.  I love that guy!  Besides, the "big names" have dominated the scene for the past 20 years.  We have a new crop of singers, let's let them have their time now.

shamirum

baklawa said:
If you ask me, Talal Graish alone is worth going for.  I love that guy!  Besides, the "big names" have dominated the scene for the past 20 years.  We have a new crop of singers, let's let them have their time now.
Totally agree; Talal is an awesome entertainer! He helped our very small gathering at the Connecticut Convention have a really great time. Totally don't think the "big names" have what they used to once have, or their attraction has faded because of bad musical, political, and financial moves. Can't think of many "big names," except Ashur and probably a few I'm sure forgetting, who haven't done something to hinder their qualities as singers.

shamoosey

shamirum said:
Totally agree; Talal is an awesome entertainer! He helped our very small gathering at the Connecticut Convention have a really great time. Totally don't think the "big names" have what they used to once have, or their attraction has faded because of bad musical, political, and financial moves. Can't think of many "big names," except Ashur and probably a few I'm sure forgetting, who haven't done something to hinder their qualities as singers.
Never seen most of those singers so looking forward to seeing them all...cant wait to party with Sheeno again!!! :wavetowel:

Barwarneta

AssyrianPrince21 said:
r u kidding me Albert Mansour; Talal Graish; Ninos David are great singers love them to bad they didnt ask sargon Youkhanna to sing that would be kool to

xxSanhoxx

:blink: wow, i want to be there (from germany), but to pay the prices, i have to work the whole year  :mrgreen:
maybe, hopefully, next year...ohm.. but chicago  :imsorry: