Search results

1. 7ayruta

Names of the worlds countries in Aramaic?

So I've been thinking for a while that we actually lack common knowledge in our very own language (or.. I atleast do). We use many foreign words for colors, animals, body-parts etc. I wanted people to help me Build up a list of the names of the worlds countries because we mostly use Arabic...
  2. 7ayruta

Anyone know of religious professions?

Hey there  :) So as the subject states, I am very interrested in knowing what kinda professions that deal with religion that you know of. Anyone?
  3. 7ayruta

Help for translating west-assyrian song :)

hey... so i was listening to the song "Nisho d'7uyodo." I understand a bit from what they're saying but not everything. Could anyone help me with translating it into the eastern dialect? English is fine too... here it is: Lyrics: Ema ged shofar u sathwaythan, u ema gdothe u rbihaythan, ema a...
  4. 7ayruta

Assyria nation - Only 1 religion?

I was thinking about what most Assyrian's reactions would be towards an Assyrian converted to Islam? Would you consider it betrayal or what? Would it be worse than other religions such as Judaism, Buddhism, Paganism (thinking about polytheistic ones) and so on. Problem is i believe that we are...
  5. 7ayruta

ASSYRISKA FF JERSEYS?!?!

I simply can't find ANY place where I'm able to buy one? I only find the junior-sets... help!! ... anybody??  :cry:
  6. 7ayruta

question for the classical language.

how would "shlama 3elokh... dakh ewet" be in the classical language? just a guess: "shlama 3ellakh... aykana itheet" ... im not sure about the "itheet" thing... how is it spelled both female and male and what is the root?
  7. 7ayruta

correcting our spirantization

I have the impression that many of the active members here on AVN wish to clean up our language. This goes for vocabulary, how we build sentences, creating different forms and states and much more. I have the exact same opinion BUT... why dont we focus on our pronounciation aswell? I mean... our...
  8. 7ayruta

why not start assyrianizing expressions and pronounciations?

my oppinion is that it is rediciolous that we dont pronounce a lot of consonants the way they really should be? like the letter "ܚ"... why is it so difficult to pronounce it as a deep H instead of like a " ܟ̣ " ?  :ranting: another thing is... we have been living among our muslim neighbours for...
  9. 7ayruta

Some questions that need answers

I'm a bit confused about some things in our language. If i would say 'I'm eating' i would say 'hon (be-)khala'.. But is 'hon' a legit assyrian word? What is the 100% correct way of saying it in lishana 3ateeqa? I was also wondering about if why there is so much fuzz about the letter beth.. Lets...
  10. 7ayruta

You are waving the flag of our killers... why?

i was wondering wtf is happening to our nation? i mean.. the majority of assyrians are crying out that we dont have a country.. seconds later they will wave the iraqi flag (or some other flag). I seriously dont get it... we are without rights, we are being killed now and even worse in the past...
  11. 7ayruta

Aramaic or Syriac ?

from what i found out now... we write in Syriac. But the letters of the hebrew alphabet are the real aramaic letters... right? so what is all this about us, writing in aramaic? where did syriac come from and how did it just pop into the picture?
  12. 7ayruta

help for translating a phrase :)

hey, could anyone help me with the phrase... "Assyrian Blood In My Veins" ... translated to leshan atiqta :)  :yourock:
  13. 7ayruta

need help for translation

hey guys.. i found this video/song of Linda George - Barwar , and i want to upload it on my youtube channel. I also want to make some english subtitles on it. I dont understand all of it cuz some of the assyrian words she uses are just alien to me haha, and others are foreign. But here's the...
  14. 7ayruta

why did we change?

i never understood... if the Estrangela font was the font used in the aramaic script... then what made us invent the eastern we know today with an allap looking like a 2 and a western looking like a curved line ? why didnt we stick to the estrangelo so we had a universal script ?
  15. 7ayruta

Bunch of questions :)

Hey im new here on the forum.. i was really surprised to see so many brothers who are educated on our language! probs! i was wondering about some small things such as if the word(s) Beth Nahrin is even assyrian? i found it more logical to be arabic since, the Beth is missing an -a & Nahrin is...
Back