Search results

1. the_dave

A Demand for Action! The campaign, the result.

Around 50 people from all over the world worked together. They did something in one week that would take 2 weeks for 100 people to do. They had two things in common, they were Assyrians and they had goal; To inform the world! Two weeks have passed since we started this project. Before it...
  2. the_dave

Nuri Kino. Help him spread the word about Ninaveh plains!

Here is a massage from Nuri Kino. He is seeking help from volunteers who can spread the word about what is happening in Athra. Everyone can help. Just keep spreading the information about the situation to all politicians, journalists and so on. Contact Nuri if you want to help. Quote from Nuri...
  3. the_dave

HI OLD FRIENDS!

Hey guys!!! and hi all the new people here! Its been a while since i wrote here and i just wanted to say hi and that i miss a lot of our old discussions and fun stuff!!! How are you all doin?
  4. the_dave

Diablo 3

All you game geeks probably know about the Diablo series, one of the greatest games of all time. Well a couple of weeks ago Diablo 3 was released, breaking many world records. It set the new all-time record for fastest-selling PC game by selling over 3.5 million copies in the first 24 hours of...
  5. the_dave

Bible's Buried Secrets (BBC) - questions about God, Christianity and Judaism.

Here are some very interesting documentaries about God, Christianity and Judaism. There is a lot about Assyrians, especially in the third episode, the one about the garden of eden.  Bible's Buried Secrets (BBC) Ep. 1: Did King David's empire exist? (1/4) Bible's Buried Secrets (BBC) Ep. 1...
  6. the_dave

Breaking News - Syria: more than 300 dead after 'massacre' in Homs

Observers claim deaths came after shelling by security forces on eve of UN vote on removal of Bashar al-Assad (CNN) -- More than 300 people were reported killed in Syria, hours before the U.N. Security Council was scheduled to meet and likely vote on a draft resolution intended to pressure the...
  7. the_dave

Assyrian valentines party

Assyrian youth section in S?dert?lje is arranging a valentines party (Shahro) this Saturday. Time and place: Saturday, 4th February, 20:00 at ST:Jacobs Cathedral in S?dert?lje. Free entry... Music, mezze and other tasty stuff will be offered to all guests. Everybody is welcome. FYI: Zelge...
  8. the_dave

Assyria TV official opening

As many of you guys know, Assyria TV started to broadcast a couple of weeks ago and is in its test period now... There will be an official opening together with Naum Faik's 100 year celebration. Time and place: Sunday 5 February, 14:30 at ST:Jacobs Cathedral in S?dert?lje.
  9. the_dave

Captain Assyria comic (alternative timline to captain America)

You guys all know about captain America and the comic books, many of you have probably seen the new movie as well... Anyway, me Rumtaya were once drawing a carton on paint and we took a copy of superman and made it Assyrian. Naturally we would call our picture of our cartoon Captain Assyria...
  10. the_dave

20 Miles Closer to Nineveh - OUT NOW!

Some of you guys probably remember when we where talking about the Assyrian documentary "20 Miles Closer to Nineveh". Well guess what, if you haven't heard about it yet, it's out today. You guys in the US can easily contact Ishtar, one of the people behind this project, and get a free copy...
  11. the_dave

Wikileaks: Mar Dinkha promotong Sarkis Aghajan and his alliance with the KRG

Yet another Assyrian patriarch being involved in non-clerical questions. This time Mar Dinkha, head of the assyrian church of the east. Where he is giving American officials unfair information such as "Sarkis Aghajan is clearly the one who can handle the Assyrian question best in Iraq" and...
  12. the_dave

AFFPlay - The new official channel of assyriska FF on youtube.

Ok guys, here is something new that we have been working on latley. Because of the recent pause of the TV project Assyria TV, we did not want to waste time and resources so we took the time and stuff to start some shows in the new Assyrisks FF Studio. So from now on Assyriska will try to...
  13. the_dave

Assyriska FFs new official youtubechannel

Here is a new youtube channel we fixed for Assyriska.... We will try to post as many clips as possible... http://www.youtube.com/user/AFFPlay
  14. the_dave

Assyrian PRO Bashar Al Assad demonstration during the Assyrian New Year!

I have not created a new thread for a while but this one i just have to post! During our sacred kha b nissan (assyrian new year) our own people went out to demonstrate and to support Bashar Al Assad. I cant understand how these asses can support bashar when he is slaying his own people, while...
  15. the_dave

Lina Yakubova, assyrian filmmaker, passed away. R.I.P.

Today our nation lost another great hero. Lina Yakubova, a documentary filmmaker born of an Assyrian mother and Armenian father has passed away. Apparently beacause of liver cancer, which she was not aware of. Very shocking news. This was very shocking to me and my crew at hujada tv. I was...
  16. the_dave

Have you ever seen the famous painting "ASSYRIAN MOTHER" (Yemma Ator)

Many of you guys have probably seen this beautiful painting, drawn back in 1979 and hanging in many assyrian homes, and many of you probably wondered what it really meant. Well the man who drew this is a very good friend and relative of mine. Me and him sat down a while a ago and he told me...
  17. the_dave

Assyrian Filmmaker Debut at Detroit Independent Film Festival

Local Filmmaker to Debut at Detroit Independent Film Festival War in Iraq, genocide, religious targeting and ethnic cleansing are topics to be unveiled DETROIT, Mich. (February 23, 2011) ? When Andr? Anton, 26-year-old producer from Farmington Hills of Lamassu Productions, set out to create...
  18. the_dave

7 BILLION people will be living in the world by the end of 2011.

A video showing a HUGE problem in todays society. What are the consequences, what can we do to stop this process what can we do to save the world from all the problems that urbanization and this huge population creates? 7 Billion, National Geographic Magazine
  19. the_dave

Countdown to reopening Iraq?s National Museum set to fully open this spring

Baghdad - Iraq?s National Museum is expected to reopen in March, for the first time since Saddam Hussein?s rule. Although the Assyrian and Islamic displays were reinstalled in two main rooms in 2008, they have only been accessible to VIPs and invited groups. ?It will be the answer to my dreams...
  20. the_dave

New Iraqi Christian Defense Force Controversial

Arbel, Iraq -- The Iraqi Ministry of Defense's decision to train a Christian armed defense force has caused heated reaction from many sectors of society in northern Iraq. Zowaa Security Forces Iraqi security officials announced last week that they were working on a plan "to defend churches and...
  21. the_dave

ASSYRIA TV - THE LIGHT OF YOUR NATION!

This is the Official Assyria TV thread on Assyrian Voice. Use this thread to post any new clips on Assyria TV or to discuss about the TV. ASSYRIA TV! http://www.assyriatv.org/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyria_TV Spread the word and Enjoy!
  22. the_dave

Wikileaks iraq war logs, church attacks

Here is a list that i have been checking and going through today, its shows us a list full of coordinated attacks on churches in Iraq. All in full detail except for names and private info... http://213.251.145.96/search/?q=church For you who have not seen these, they are the war logs of the...
  23. the_dave

Our new years party of 2011, held by our assyrian association "AFT", in my town.

This was the first time the youth were involved in this. We all did a great job and it was very appreciated. Over 300 guests came. We will slowly start to take over after the elders now, and they are happy about it. This is a milestone for our youth here in the area since many of them never even...
  24. the_dave

One of King Solomon's fortresses wasn't, after all. It was probably Assyrian.

Tel Qudadi, an ancient fortress located in the heart of Tel Aviv at the mouth of the Yarkon River, was first excavated more than 70 years ago -- but the final results of neither the excavations nor the finds were ever published. Now, research on Tel Qudadi by archaeologists at Tel Aviv...
  25. the_dave

Al-Qaeda Targeting Christians in Canada, Austria

Not content with terrorizing the Christian minorities that endeavor to survive under Islamic rule, Al-Qaeda is now targeting Coptic Christians who have left Egypt for lives in Europe and North America. The December 21 Toronto Star drew attention to the publication of a ?death list? naming 200...
  26. the_dave

Assyrians Persecuted in Iraq (Interview with Rosie Malek-Yonan on FOX 11 News)

Christians who live in Iraq are targets of terror, and becoming an endangered species. That's the disturbing message coming from the Simon Wiesenthal Center, where leaders of many faiths came together to call attention to what's happening. On October 31st, suicide bombers attacked a Christian...
  27. the_dave

Got a speeding ticket by the same cop twice, on two different continents!

This is a funny one :D Man caught speeding by same policeman at opposite ends of the globe. A man living in New Zealand has been caught speeding by the same policeman who booked him when he was living in England. The speeding driver was nabbed in London two years ago, then moved to New...
  28. the_dave

Before Pythagoras: The Culture of Old Babylonian Mathematics

Since the nineteenth century, thousands of cuneiform tablets dating to the Old Babylonian Period (c. 1900-1700 BCE) have come to light at various sites in ancient Mesopotamia (modern Iraq). A significant number record mathematical tables, problems, and calculations. In the 1920s these tablets...
  29. the_dave

Assyrian soldiers of the british air force in Iraq

I don't know if you have seen this site, but its full of pictures of the assyrian soldiers who fought for the British assholes... http://assyrianlevies.info/home.php A quote from there... "Each evening RAB Khamshi [Lieutenant] Beijo Rahana my Assyrian officer came to my tent for a talk and a...
  30. the_dave

Black march Demonstration in Sk?vde, Sweden

In the middle of Sweden, A bit later and a bit colder in an area smaller than what you guys might be used to. we where able to gather around 400 people in my small home city. The population of this city is just over 50 000. The day the march took place was not the best either, it was probably...
  31. the_dave

The worlds most talanted man

Yes of course he is asian, you can only have time to do things like this if you come from asia :D World's Most Talented Man
  32. the_dave

kurds like to steal stuff... Ever heard of MaDonal?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MaDonal
  33. the_dave

Congrats ASHOOR

I already gave you your present, enjoy your day brother!
  34. the_dave

my 1337 post

I know this is wrong but i don't care :D, i just did 1337 posts :D all the geeks and computer nerds will understand why this topic is necessary :P and i will not write anything now until tomorrow :D
  35. the_dave

News about Assyrian voice (over 7000 members) on the news site Assyrianstart

I just had to do an article about us :p Here you go guys, enjoy :D Assyrianstart is a new site based in sweden, we gather all the news and info about Assyrians from all the famous and large sites on the web to this site, its in Swedish, English and even German. Assyrianvoice is of course...
  36. the_dave

Assyrian dance being compared with the Kurdish

Ths is a funny stand up comic from sweden, he is kurdish. He is saying that when the kurds usually dance halay in weddings they have very little movements and it looks like they are dead. The Assyrians however are completely the opposite, they are sick and get totally fcuked up when they dance...
  37. the_dave

Assyrian academics, you must become a member.

Hi there guys, there is a campaign going on for all the Swedish Assyrians. It is very important that you become a member of this organization. Its free now and people are needed for future projects. So all the Swedish Assyrians on this site MAKE SURE TO BECOME A MEMBER, it does not matter what...
  38. the_dave

Assyrian academics, you must become a member.

Hi there guys, there is a campaign going on for all the Swedish Assyrians. It is very important that you become a member of this organization. Its free now and people are needed for future projects. So all the Swedish Assyrians on this site MAKE SURE TO BECOME A MEMBER, it does not matter what...
  39. the_dave

The first Quran was not only written in arabic, but in Syriac/Aramiac

I was just watching a Swedish documentary about the Quran and Islam and how the religion is interpreted and how it is used differently in different Muslim countries. When they talked a bit about the history of Quran when it was written and how, etc. they came to a part where they showed that...
  40. the_dave

Assyrianvoice.net reaches over 7000 members

Alright brothers and sisters, i don't know if you missed it, but as you can see we just passed 7000 on the member count, we just made history... again. It feels great and I am very proud of this site. The last 6 months quite a lot of people have become new members here... So on behalf of the...
  41. the_dave

Suicide, live in front of the webcam

I don't know if you guys heard about this, but a Swedish 21 year old guy, committed suicide live in front of his camera. He first started a topic about this in a famous forum in Sweden called flashback. Here is the actual topic https://www.flashback.org/t1322408 he was writing on, showing a...
  42. the_dave

The Assyrians - Questions and Answers, FAQ about Assyrians

This topic will be used as the "FAQ" thread about Assyrians since most of the questions and answers from this book are actually FAQ. I know that many of you have seen the book I posted on the forum a while ago, "Assyrierna - Fr?gor och Svar"...
  43. the_dave

10/10/10

OK, guys, a strange topic i know but today is the date: 10/10/10
  44. the_dave

Civilisation 5, Playable nation: The Babylonian empire and Nebuchadnezzar.

Hey guys i don't know if you guys play games on the PC sometimes. Anyway there is a new game out, its a famous series from Sid Meiers. Its called Civilisation 5. The game series have always included a playable nation of the Babylonian (not civ 4). Civ 5 of course also included The Babylonian...
  45. the_dave

A documentry from Assyrian Aid Society "20 Miles Closer To Ninveh"

A story Never told 20 Miles Closer To Ninveh --> AAS Documentary A documentary made by filmmaker Lawrence Mansour to cover the lives of the Christians of Iraq. (Chaldean, Assyrian, Syriacs) The Daily lives of Iraqi Christians are full of many hardships. The sacrifices that families make can...
  46. the_dave

My trip to the (occupied Assyria) homeland (Bne Rumta, Northeast Syria/jazirah)

Ok guys now i fixed that damn hard drive so here are the awaited pics from my trip... I hope you will like them, i really loved this trip... The street that runs through our village Same street further down. It was "moserde" the yearly water day, the same day that we arrived, so you can...
  47. the_dave

The swedish book "The Assyrians - questions and answers"

http://www.auf.nu/pagefiles/Assyrierna.pdf Here is a nice book made for the swedish people and assyrians in sweden. Since our number is very big in sweden its important for others to know about us... Unfortunetly its in swedish. if i find one in english i will post it, but pretty much is well...
  48. the_dave

The new Assyrian site http://www.assyrianstart.com/

And on behalf of AVN, I would like to congratulate and thank the new site assyrianstart.com. http://www.assyrianstart.com/ Here is the new assyrian site for you guys that have not seen it yet, it has been under construction for a while and is now complete(beta). It is like a collective site for...
  49. the_dave

Assyrian Legacy 1 (Cradle of civilization)

dont know if this has been up, but if not here you go... i havent had my computer fixed yet and cant search for older clips posted with this one since its god damn slow... what he is telling is nothing new to many of us, but its nice to have these clips here...
  50. the_dave

Muslims will TAKE OVER Europe and USA, PEACEFULLY!

This is old and many of you have probably already seen it, but to those who have not, it is very important to see it and understand what is happening and how the future will look like...   Muslims might take over the western world as we know it, Peacefully and democratically, because they will...
  51. the_dave

VOTE and help Assyrian Aid Society win $100 000, Voting ends on Monday July 12

http://apps.facebook.com/chasecommunitygiving/charities/943147517-assyrian-aid-society-of-america If you have facebook, press the link, then the green button in it, continue through the page... "Chase" is a bank that deals with credit cards and other related stuff, they are giving out $5...
  52. the_dave

Back from the homelands. (Jazireh, north east Syria, 9 july - 4th august.

Thread update Hi there guys, I just wanted you to know that I am back from Syria. Its been almost a month and i have not have contact with the outside world that much, avn and facebook where blocked in all the internet caf?s in syria. I have got lot of to tell about the khabour area, and i...
  53. the_dave

Assyrian man and daughter shot in Baghdad

Chaos unfolds as Assyrian man and daughter shot in Baghdad. Iraqi police have confirmed reports that an Assyrian man and his daughter had been shot today, after police responded to reports of a shooting.       Police sources made a statement to Al-Sumeria News and said, unknown gunmen stormed...
  54. the_dave

The funniest scenes in movie history!

These two clips are just the best scenes i have seen from hollywood films. You have seen them of course but they are legendary and i just had to post them just to remind you of how good they are :D I laughed so much the first time i saw them that i almost shhit my pants... Post your favorite...
  55. the_dave

Do you know if google.com or gmail.com is blocket in Syria?

Hi guys, i wanted to know if you guys have any ideas if google.com or gmail.com is blocket in Syria. I want to know if i will be able to have access to my e-mail on google... The thing is that i have some really important e-mails coming up and i need to check it at least 3 times a week... I am...
  56. the_dave

Football resolves conflicts, but not for us (Assyriska vs Syrianska)

I read this 2 days ago and i felt that i had to translate it for you guys, it is from the Assyrian Youth Association in sweden... Today the world's biggest sports festival, the World Cup in South Africa will start. In 2 days the derby between Assyriska FF and Syrianska FC will also be played...
  57. the_dave

Chaldean Archbishop calls on unity with Assyrian Church of the East

Chaldean Archbishop of Kirkuk and Sulemaniyah, Mar Louis Sako has called on reform within the Chaldean Church and unity with the Assyrian Church of the East.    Archbishop Sako stated that he hopes to restore unity with the Assyrian Church of the East, while also mentioning the Chaldean church...
  58. the_dave

Ancient Church of the East changes the calendar, christmas will be on the 25th

The Ancient Church of the East Synod has officially declared that the church will begin to celebrate Christmas on the 25th December according to the Gregorian calendar. The church Patriarch Mar Addai II declared the new calendar to be effective from December this year. This would mean that...
  59. the_dave

HELP! me identify this song, do you know who sings and what the title is?

As the topic says, i need info about this very good song... The quality is not the best on youtube so IF you have the song in original, could you upload it so that i could download it. OR if you know where i can download it, please shere... Thanks in advance... Assyrian...
  60. the_dave

STOP the The Ethnic Cleansing of Assyrians in Iraq!

Over half of the 1.4 million Christians who lived in Iraq before the 2003 invasion have fled the country. If they could, most of the others would have departed as well if some nation was ready to take them in. Nearly every human rights organization and numerous parliaments are in agreement that...
  61. the_dave

Avoid Being an Assyrian Soldier!, the book.

I came pass this when i was out on the internet once, i think its a bit funny and i had to post it here on the forum. Its from a series of comedy/cartoon books called "The danger zone" or "Avoid being...", its a short and funny story about Assyrians and the Assyrian Soldiers. Unfortunately it's...
  62. the_dave

PIC OF THE DAY, The thread for all the funny and strange Pics on Assyrianvoice

Hi again brothers and sisters and welcome to the "PIC OF THE DAY" and the thread for all the funny and strange or just cool pictures, on the Assyrianvoice forum. I just have to have this one on the forum too, its just like the other "OF THE DAY" threads. As always, I will try to post one pic...
  63. the_dave

Coordinated attacks target Assyrians and christians in Norhen Iraq.

On May 2, 2010, multiple news media reports addressed the targeted attack on Christian students in Iraq on buses traveling to Mosul University with multiple bombs.  The bombings wounded at least 80 and killed at least one person, who was a Christian shop keeper. A car bomb and a roadside bomb...
  64. the_dave

Do you drink alcohol? How much do you drink?

I have recently been watching documentries about drugs and alcohol and I want to know about the Assyrian communities alcohol habits. Do you drink alcohol, if so, I would like to know how often and how much you drink. I myself almost never drink, last time i drank more than a glass and felt...
  65. the_dave

Even Arnold Schwarzenegger knows that The Assyrians invented the beer!

Arnold in Twins 1988 "The Assyrians developed the beer!"
  66. the_dave

"What do you do?" Game

Since there hasn't been that much active games recently, here is a new one that we can start and hopefully always keep alive. Here is how it goes: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- First persons question...
  67. the_dave

What do you have on your copy/paste (ctrl + v) keys right now?

I am bored and so might you be. Then it always fun to see what people have copied while they have spent some time in front of the computer and on the internet. Paste (ctrl + v) what you have copied right now, during your session in front of the computer.
  68. the_dave

Home the movie - The world we live in today and how we are destroying right now

A free Non-Profit movie sponsored by many big organisations, shows us how beautiful the world is and how we are destroying it, it also shows how unfair our society is today, where there is enough food for everyone but we dont share it with the rest of the world. It says that we dont have much...
  69. the_dave

Over 3,000 Iraqi/Assyrian Refugee Cases Submitted for Review in Sweden

On Thursday, April 8, 3,000 Iraqi refugee cases were appealed to the Swedish Migration Board. For weeks Swedish and Assyrian churches have had their facilities open for Iraqi refugees hiding from the Swedish police. In a joined national campaign, the churches helped the refugees, most of them...
  70. the_dave

FACT OF THE DAY, The thread for all the funny and strange facts on assyrianvoice

Hi friends and welcome to the FACT OF THE DAY, and the thread for all the funny and strage facts on the Assyrianvoice forum. I thought this could be fun to have on the forum as well. It?s similar to the ?quote of the day? thread but instead of quotes, we will post funny and strange facts. As...
  71. the_dave

Do you work in the military or have you done any military service?

As the topic goes, I am interested to know if any of our brothers and sisters here on AVN has done any military service or work in the military right now... If this is the case, when, where and as what?...
  72. the_dave

QUOTE OF THE DAY AND QUOTATIONS THREAD ON ASSYRIANVOICE.NET

Hi everyone and welcome to the Quote of the day and Quotations Thread on the Assyrianvoice forum. For a long time I have posted a new quote on Facebook almost everyday and a lot on MSN. Since I like Quotes very much, I wanted to create this thread here instead so that I can share many of the...
  73. the_dave

Assyrian woman murdered in Gothenburg, Sweden.

A 18-year old Assyrian woman was murdered 2009-12-30, in Hj?llbo outside of Gothenburg The woman was on her way home from a party, she lived very close to the area where the party was held, couple of 100 meters away. On her way home, the woman felt that she was followed by someone, and picked...
  74. the_dave

If we get our country, our Assyria. Would you move there? How will it stabilize?

This is something I have been thinking about for a while, for us to have a country in the Middle East, we must have people that live there, Assyrians... A lot of people have moved away to other countries and much of the people that live in the Assyrian homeland lack the education or the...
  75. the_dave

Afro-Americans in the US. Complain about the limited amount of TV shows

Many Afro-Americans in the US. where sending complaints to the American Television Networks. They where complaining about the limited amount of documentaries and shows that was being aired on TV, about the Afro-American history and culture in the United States. Fox Network took these complaints...
  76. the_dave

Why are Palestinian boys luckier than American boys?

Why are Palestinian boys luckier than American boys? Because every Palestinian boy will get to join a rock group!
  77. the_dave

Funny Swedish guy singing in Assyrian (tyari dialect)

Here is a funny video me and my friends made. Its one of our Swedish friends who we taught how to sing in Assyrian, damn hard job sometimes because he couldn?t pronounce some words so we had to make up new ones... x60O-WQWPoM
  78. the_dave

10 facts...

10 facts 1.Your reading my comment 2. Now your saying/thinking thats a stupid fact. 4. You didnt notice that i skipped 3. 5. Your checking it now. 6. Your smiling. 7. Your still reading my comment. 8. You know all you have read is true. 10. You didnt notice that i skipped 9. 11. Your checking it...
Back