• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Search results

1. A

Neomeze - Chaldean owned!

Neomeze is a medditerranean restaurant in the heart of old-town pasadena. One of the owners is Chaldean, and an old friend of mine. The food is excellent, the ambiance is great for dates or groups. They are getting pretty well known for their martinis. This is a great place to check out, and...
  2. A

Arroyo Chophouse - Pasadena, Ca.

If you like steak, and dessert, then you will love this place. The decor is a little dated, but it has a gorgeous bar... and excellent bartenders. The steaks are all the best USDA cuts and the sides are delicious. The Souffles are just phenomenal. I mean phemotherfuckingnominal.
  3. A

Does anyone have a good recipe for the Candied Halwa?

I've been trying recipies (with pisteh) but I can't get the Halva to set and harden properly... am I not paying close enough attention to the cooking temperature?
  4. A

Delicious Leg of Lamb - Try this

I cook it a little different because I pan-sear it, then cook it in the oven at 350 until done... yummy. Make sure it is fresh lamb though, or else it will have shokha. Yogurt-Mint Marinated Grilled Leg of Lamb Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay Show:  Boy Meets Grill Episode:  Lamb    1...
  5. A

Infected Mushroom In Australia from Feb 22-24!!

If you haven't heard of them, don't get the wrong idea by their name. This is very intelligent electronic/dance music. Much more complex than what most electronic artists produce. If you like to dance, you should check them out! If you pick up any of their albums, make sure to get Classical...
  6. A

AT&T Wireless (Cingular) or T-Mobile?

Allo! Ok, so I'm thinking of switching to T-Mobile... but I wanted to know, what is your experience with both companies? I am sick of AT&T/Cingular. The Rollover is nice, but having the Fav 5's would be the same thing, basically (for me, at least). Which do you prefer?
  7. A

A great Vinagrette/Relish recipe for seafood

allo! Ok, so cook your seafood with some salt and pepper (sea salt and freshly cracked). Then, in a bowl mix Good Olive Oil Red Wine Vinegar Finely diced Garlic (very little) Thin sliced Shallots Mint (to taste) cut to very thin strips Basil (to taste) cut to very thin strips A dash of good...
  8. A

Evin Agassi, Feb 2nd in Los Angeles!

Hello my friends: Evin is coming on the 2nd to St Mary's! It's 20 dollars at the door. I miss his singing! He hasn't come to Los Angeles in way too long. Have a great day everyone! n5fu9xeZgAc
  9. A

An Assyrian Painter in Australia - Trying to find.

Hello All! My church had prints of modern assyrian paintings of a guy named Yousef in Australia... Does anyone know his website, how to see his work, or contact him? Thanks!
  10. A

This will make you smile.

Just watch this for a minute and see if it doesn't make you smile. cXXm696UbKY
  11. A

How to Post Youtube Clips in Posts

Hello everyone! I was confused myself, so I think this might help: Once you've found the YouTube video you want, find the ID number of the video: Copy it!!! Then click on the YouTube button in your AVN topic: You should then see this in the area where you type: Then, just paste the...
  12. A

Any fans of George Chaharbakhshi?

You know, I've been listening to him more and more. His lyrics aren't very deep, like Ashur or Evin's, but they're much better than most others... and the music is good too. Turns out that he's my dad's cousin... I don't know him though. His 1988 album is awesome!
  13. A

Men: Do you pluck your eyebrows???

If you do.... I just wanted to let you know that every time a grown man plucks his eyebrows, a puppy dies. Please stop plucking your eyebrows. If you won't do it for your own masculinity, do it for the cute and innocent puppies.
  14. A

If an Assyrian bought an Airliner

What would an airline company, like American Airlines, be named if an Assyrian owned it??????????????????? Air Et Atour hahahahaha.
  15. A

Curious: Can you remember anything from...

Here's what I'm wondering.... Can anyone remember something from their childhood from before when you learned how to speak? Everything I can remember from my childhood is from the time that I learned how to speak - forward. Is language how we give something substance to record it in our...
  16. A

The Dress of Love (PG-13)

Mind you, this joke is told in our mother tounge, so I hope that nothing gets lost in translation... one of my favorites! A young couple get married and move into the apartment right above the groom's parents. One day, the mother needs sugar, so she goes up to get some from her daughter in...
  17. A

Anyone else here in the Los Angeles area?

Anyone else here in the Los Angeles / Orange County area? Am I the only one here?  :ban:
  18. A

My favorite turkaya joke

An Assyrian, an American, and a Turkaya are in a dungeon. The dungeon master walks in and stands behind a table with his guards. "You three will now die" He puts a gun onto the table. "this gun has just one bullet, one of you will die an easy death." He puts a knife onto the table. "with this...
  19. A

Mickey Mouse's Divorce

Mickey walks into the lawyer's office: "What is taking so long with my divorce with Minnie! I want out NOW." "Mr Mouse, I have done all the research I can, and unfortunately, I have to inform you that you cannot divorce your wife, Minnie, because you think she is crazy." "How many times do I...
  20. A

Does anyone know where I can find George Charbakhshi's old stuff?

Hello everyone... I am specifically looking for the song "Shara't Shawa Gadisheh" Does anyone know where I can find this? The site I used to go to took down their music directory... and my work blocks qeenatha, so I don't know if its there