• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Search results

1. Cascade

Young Assyrian man from Chicago drowns in a Wisconsin Lake

It's scary. As much as I am against superstition, I'm starting to believe it. It's amazing how one young Assyrian man dies, and a few after follow him. Like, shemet alah...o_O😧
  2. Cascade

Rising Assyrian star: Larissa Golpashin

She is a gem. Reminds me of Urhay Odisho. We need more female artists like these. :love:
  3. Cascade

Assyrian Songs on Youtube

My respect for this amazing Kurdish singer for pulling off a great Assyrian accent for this beautiful song:
  4. Cascade

My beef with Assyrian music lately

The lyrics, the melody and the overall tone of the music have dissipated nowadays. The lyrics are all about mathwatha, reqtha, peda, shushla, hola thela men turaneh (*insert nonstop screeching zurna on top of those lyrics*) and all those tribal themes. Another thing, most melodies and lyrics...
  5. Cascade

Choosing the right Zurna / Zorna

Come back Mrzurnaci, we miss you! 😭
  6. Cascade

I love this song called, "In Bayat Yan Le Bayat"

He is a Nochiyaya from Iraq, but he does have a penchant for singing Iranian music and would prefer them over Arabic music - Not sure why. Lol. His accent is very Urmi in his songs for sure, so I get why people would mistake him for an Iranaya. This is also one of his good songs:
  7. Cascade

Messi and CR7’s legendary longevity

I'm not a soccer person, but I really do respect Messi and Ronaldo as great players of our time. I find it really funny when Real Madrid and Barcelona fans make fun of their opponent players (reminds me of the whole Biden/democratic vs Trump/republican thing in a way Lmao). We should admit that...
  8. Cascade

Young Assyrian man from Chicago drowns in a Wisconsin Lake

Poor man. I can't imagine how his family is feeling right now. Even the cop in the video was crying and devastated for his loss. He was recovered 128 feet (39 meters) of water (Geneva Lake). He was "tubing" and his lifejacket was not secure. I'm amazed at how nobody quickly noticed he was...
  9. Cascade

Number of Assyrians who have died of Corona Virus (Covid-19)

An Assyrian friend of mine (and as well as his a couple of his friends) had the virus months ago, as did my relatives. It seems like people mostly recover from it.
  10. Cascade

Where 50% of Canadians live!

This applies to Australia, because the desert is hostile, waterless and uninhabitable.
  11. Cascade

34 year old Chaldo-Assyrian guy shot dead in Sydney...yet again!

I heard he was cut in pieces. Disgusting that Assyrians are capable of doing this. It's so cruel and disgusting nasha. It has gotten worse throughout the 2010s. There was a slight lull in the 2000s though. But in 2010s Assyrian gang violence peaked again and the 2020s don't look that good as...
  12. Cascade

An Assyrian singer is the subject of an un-intended controversy

Their reaction made me laugh and angry at the same time. First off, that "Shemet baba" hymn already has that so-called, danceable Georgina rhythm. Have you guys even listened to it? It has a groove to it... :LOL:🤦‍♂️ Second of all, Protestants dance and jump around to hymns about Jesus...
  13. Cascade

Young Assyrians dying from heart attacks!

The Jan 2021 case was a cousin of a relative. The mother was said to be inconsolable. I can't imagine how she was feeling. His death was filmed. He was playing live X box and it was all on cam. He wasn't feeling well, seemed like he was dizzy. He falls and you hear a death rattle after 5...
  14. Cascade

Important: Why Now and Why Mars?

I agree and very well said. We need to use all that money to make life more sustainable on earth itself. I don't know why the waste money on different planets. Mars won't really do us good. We are not supposed to live in it. It's unliveable and harsh. In fact, every planet and moon in our solar...
  15. Cascade

When the weather gives you snow, make a Winged Bull!

Gotta say, the man is very skilled.
  16. Cascade

Number of Assyrians who have died of Corona Virus (Covid-19)

The number will be very high by now. Could be within the 20-30 range. Won't be surprised if it's 50+
  17. Cascade

Assyrian Voice was born on this day, 22 years ago!

Wow. April 15 1999. Great memories. Just a week before we arrive to Australia. I didn't even know the internet existed back then, let alone online forums. I thought the whole internet forum thing began in 2004.
  18. Cascade

Khalid Ya Khalid: what a hell did I just watch?

The song is by an Assyrian Australian band called Azadoota (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azadoota) that makes Latin dance music in Assyrian. The singer is Robin Zirwanda. He has been in Sydney since the early 1970s. His band usually performs in our Assyrian New Year event in Sydney. This song...
  19. Cascade

History of the Assyrians. Who are the Assyrians?

True, but I would go further and say that modern Assyrians have other mixes as well. It sounds more realistic because us being a mix of just Akkadians and Sumerians is unrealistically "straightforward" and simplistic in nature. For the record, our ancient society was a melting pot. We only...
  20. Cascade

Demolishing 3,000 year old Wall of Nineveh to widen a public street!

Because these "Iraqnayeh" know deep inside that they have no affiliations to our ancient ancestors. Since so many of them claim ancestry to ancient Assyrians and Babylonians in spite of us. They know they're more tied with pre-Islamic Arabians and other groups. Assyrian monuments mean nothing to...