• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Search results

1. A

Assyrian Voice was born on this day, 22 years ago!

On this day (April 15) in 1999, Assyrian Voice was started and 22 years later, we are still here! In fact, we are only one of few Assyrian websites that have survived and remained online for this long. As a matter of fact, there is a tiny fraction of Assyrian websites that started and are still...
  2. A

Khalid Ya Khalid: what a hell did I just watch?

What a hell did I just watch? haha. Catchy words and music but a little cheesy. But at least I know what the subject is about, the famous and late Khalid Froggy! (Was that his title if I remember correctly?) View: https://youtu.be/SRnpels7H1I Bani, do you know this singer or song? 😂
  3. A

A famous Assyrian has been lost to COVID-19!

woke up to very sad news today: Ashur Sargon Eskharya, the president of the Assyrian Aid Society, and a high ranking member of Zowaa, passed away today in Doh, due to complications from Corona virus. He was 47 Rest In Peace! Assyrians have lost a giant.
  4. A

أكيتو: أقدم عيد حفظته البشرية

أكيتو، أو رأس السنة الآشورية البابلية، هو أقدم عيد في تاريخ البشرية، ويحتفل به حتى يومنا هذا في مطلع شهر أبريل/ نيسان من كلّ عام. في بلدة القحطانية في محافظة الحسكة، شمال شرقي سوريا، احتفل الأشوريون بالعيد، بملابسهم ورقصاتهم التقليدية، معلنين بدء سنة 6771 بحسب التقويم القديم لحضارات ما بين...
  5. A

Happy 6771 Assyrian New Year

Happy Assyrian New Year to you all! here is a nice video View: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=125085206294047&id=100063777037847
  6. A

Demolishing 3,000 year old Wall of Nineveh to widen a public street!

Just when we thought ISIS had done enough damage to our artefacts in Mosul and Nineveh in general, and that the page had been turned, seems like the ISIS mentality never left. The municipality of Mosul decided to demolish parts of the Assyrian wall of Nineveh to make the adjacent street wider...
  7. A

Who should have won the BDO in last 12 years if it wasn’t Messi and CR7

Wanna talk about real reason why soccer quality has declined in last few years, amongst the various other reasons ? How about the the media crowning and giving every title to CR7 & Messi, at the expense of all the great players of the last 12 years? Thank God real team titles are won by teams...
  8. A

When the weather gives you snow, make a Winged Bull!

Assyrian sculpture in Chicago creatively makes an Amazing Winged Bull statue out of snow.
  9. A

Amazing quote from ‘Think and Grow Rich’ (1936) and its relevance to Covid19!

I was reading the book ‘Think and Grow Rich’ and this quote caught my attention: “ During the "flu" epidemic which broke out during the world war, the mayor of New York City took drastic steps to check the damage which people were doing themselves through their inherent fear of ill health. He...
  10. A

Pope’s visit to Iraq

Beautiful!
  11. A

This is what a computer simulation predicted for the 20/21 EPL season!

Around early Jan I believe , I came across a headline from a UK newspaper about how they did a computer simulation and concluded that ManUTD wouldn’t be able to maintain their lead, with Man-city eventually taking over. 6 weeks later, my how that prediction came true! Not only did they take...
  12. A

Janelle Yausif performs ‘Nineveh’ at University of Toronto

Amazing and talented Assyrian opera singer performing the classical piece ‘Nineveh’ by William Daniel, at the University of Toronto View: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3951199074947091&id=584339641633068
  13. A

A Journey Through Assyrian History By Robert DeKelaita - Lesson 1

A Journey Through Assyrian History By Robert DeKelaita - Lesson 1 View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4lM-jEHD0o
  14. A

Remembering Khabur, 6 years on

This was a very powerful and well-documented piece by Nicholas Al-Jeloo, I decided to post it here, with his permission Remembering Khabur, 6 years on Yesterday was the date on which, in 2015, ISIS terrorists invaded the 35 Assyrian villages along the Khabur River (in Syria's al-Hasakah...
  15. A

Qala D’Omta: a weekly online show

If you haven’t seen this weekly show (hosted by a very nice Assyrian couple from Australia) you should! It broadcasts live on Monday night / Tuesday morning (Sydney afternoon time) . The show is cultural in nature and often hosts different Assyrian musicians, singers , poets and others in the...
  16. A

YOLO + FOMO = Bitcoin! I finally joined the cult!

After years of reading and hearing about it, I couldn’t resist anymore: as of earlier this week, I made my first Bitcoin purchase. Nothing big, but just testing the water. it was a matter of YOLO and FOMO. I thought even if I lose this investment, it is a small amount and won’t make or break...
  17. A

Young Assyrians dying from heart attacks!

Since late 2018 and through Jan 2021 (around 2 years) I know of 6 young Assyrians that have died of sudden heart-attacks and I am hoping this thread can bring some awareness to this silent killer. I won’t mention their names but at least their other info: -Nov 2018: 29 year old from Chicago...
  18. A

Twin suicide bombings in Baghdad claim 32 lives!

Sad to see that after being relatively safe from these, Baghdad saw not one but two suicide bombings today, claiming 28 lives and hundreds injured. here is a video of the second bombing. I am not here to link the two, but it is interesting this would happen on Biden’s first full day in office...
  19. A

Messi red carded for first time ever with Barcelona!

Not only did Barcelona lose the Spanish Super Cup final (useless tournament in my opinion) to Athletico Balbao, Messi was red carded for first time in his career with Barcelona. watch the hit below. I think a red was well deserved. View: https://youtu.be/Prfgo9qO0gk
  20. A

One in 1,000 Americans have died from COVID-19

It hit me the other day! Based on current numbers, 1 in 1000 Americans has been killed by COVID-19! So I googled it and i was right. This grim milestone was reached around Christmas time (Dec 26, 2020) when the U.S registered its 330th thousand death. Read here ...