Recent content by baklawa

1. baklawa

MOVED: 500 Assyrian Catholics Leave Chaldean Catholic Church

This topic has been moved to Religion & Spirituality. http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=41435.0
  2. baklawa

2011 Kha b'Nissan

Shlama- We are in the beginning stages of planning our next Kha'b Nissan trip! If you would like further information please contact me at destinationassyria@gmail.com. Come celebrate Akitu in our motherland of Bet Nahrain. Besides the parade with over 40,000 of your people, we will also...
  3. baklawa

American cinematographer writes of his Assyrian grandfather

What an interesting story!  Visit his website to read excerpts from the book.  Wish more people would record the stories of their grandparents and their experience during the genocide.  It's not only vital that we record our history, but that we learn from it. http://www.dragonsandviolins.com/
  4. baklawa

Self-Administration & Autonomy: Full explanations and reference guide

SOMEONE is being very riqeeanta and refusing to post her detailed thread in this forum.  So because SOMEONE is not going to post her important thread here, I will instead sticky this topic for all future reference on this matter and direct everyone to the thread in the Serious forum...
  5. baklawa

Modesto Black March

Just got back.  Very impressive turnout, about 500 was the best estimate I got.  It may not sound like much (and really, given our numbers here, it's not), but given how toxic and divided our community has been in this area these past few years, it was actually better than hoped.  We took over...
  6. baklawa

Iraq cuts oil product supplies to Kurdish region

BAGHDAD, Sept 5 (Reuters) - Iraq's Oil Ministry has cutsupplies of some fuel products to the northern Kurdish region by 50 percent in response to the Kurds selling what they say is excess kerosene, fuel waste and naptha to Iran, officials said. The move threatened to aggravate already tense...
  7. baklawa

The height of self-absorption

Woman Upset That Her Car Was Crushed by Suicidal Plunge (The New York Post) - A New Jersey woman's gripe that her sports car was destroyed by a suicidal man's 40-story fall triggered a venomous outpouring, the New York Post reported Friday. "The damage to the car -- it saved his life, and...
  8. baklawa

2010 Emmy Red Carpet

Eva Longoria Parker Emily Deschanel Claire Danes Anna Paquin -- looks like a costume from one of the Mad Max movies Sofia Vergara -- I probably wouldn't like this dress if I just saw it on a hanger, but she's just one of those women who could make a paper bag look sexy.  Toni...
  9. baklawa

Female fans of the World Cup

For our male AVNers.  You're welcome  :mrgreen: Mexico Denmark Australia USA Brazil South Africa Paraguay Netherlands
  10. baklawa

Man gets "Brazilian wax", almost loses testicle

There is just so much wrong in this story, I don't even know where to begin  :bangin: 'Intimate Waxing' Fundraiser Goes Awry LONDON - Joe Cooper might want to think twice the next time he?s asked to participate in a bikini waxing fundraiser for charity. Cooper, 24, was left in agony after an...
  11. baklawa

MOVED: Assyrian Presbyterian Church.

This topic has been moved to Christianity & Faith. http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=38493.0
  12. baklawa

Iranians: Earthquakes the fault of women

As if more proof were needed that religious zealots + Middle Eastern misogny = stupid  :bangin: A senior Iranian cleric blames earthquakes on women who wear immodest clothing and behave promiscuously, the Associated Press reports. "Many women who do not dress modestly ... lead young men...
  13. baklawa

An Assyrian on Oxygen's new show "Love Games"

Ok, I don't know if I should be advertising this, but this guy is my cousin!  His name is Dan Michael and he will be on Oxygen's new show called "Love Games."  I haven't seen the guy in ages as he lives in Washington, but his family is really cool.  Hope he doesn't do anything too shocking...
  14. baklawa

ATTENTION: All those turned away from voting, check in here

I've been asked to collect information on those who did not vote in the recent elections.  Please PM me the following information: Your name and phone number, and which category you fall under: 1- I was rejected at the voting center. 2- I did not go and vote because I heard about voters being...
Back