Author Topic: Breaking News: Emmanuel III Delly ofers his resignation!  (Read 1497 times)

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
Breaking News: Emmanuel III Delly ofers his resignation!
« on: December 19, 2012, 09:55:16 AM »
Emmanuel III Delly,  Patriarch of the Chaldean Catholic Church, has offered his resignation to the Pope and has been accepted. His successor will be chosen at a church Synod in Baghdad in January 2013.

Will be interesting to see who his successor will be. Could very well be 'Louis Sako' (archbishop of Kirkuk)

ASHOOR

-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
Re: Breaking News: Emmanuel III Delly ofers his resignation!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 02:13:46 PM »
I hope the new pateiarch will be somebody like Mar Rafael Bitdavid.
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline Carlo

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
Did he give a reason for his resignation?

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 09:45:03 PM »
Carlo, I was hoping to get that too, since this was a bit of a shock. Basically came out of nowhere.

I would think age has to do with it maybe, although he seems quiet healthy and capable at 83.

I highly doubt will get a pro-Assyrian as his successor but I could be wrong. The ones behind him have had a very purely Chaldean agenda in the last few years. The events in Iraq have fueled that even more.

Ashoo
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline Burlington City

Emmanuel III Delly is a no body
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 01:56:59 AM »
You may call it Chaldean Catholic, or Assyrian Church of the East, or Syriac, or Maronite, or Yackobian, or Evangelical Assyrian, and many more.  However, since they became chattered, divided, broken away from their own Assyrian people, they will always remain weak, marginalized, with no will, no political or even religious proper recognition.  Let them keep going in that fashion, soon or later, will have total empty churches, and no membership.  It is been seen clearly how churches of the Assyrian (Chaldean, Evangelical, Syriac, Maronite, etc.) run their sunday mass as a joke.

The best solution is to have self-esteem, and be proud of being Assyrian.  However, being Assyrian is not accepted by Arab, Kurds, and Turks, because, if we call ourself Assyrian, we will have a claim on our land that was taken away, as well as, will have a claim of human rights, equality, and  compensation.  Kurds, Arab and Turks love to see more division, and division is nothing but by those whom sell themelves for political correctness, and temporary self benefit.

The worse people of Assyrian whom continued harming their own self, and deleting their own rights since 2003, are those people from Iraq.  Can`t be trusted.

Remember, this man kissed Islamic Koran, have very bad public relation, and seems to me, poorly chosen for the job.

Offline A.G

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:16 PM »
Whoever will be the new guy,  he's one of those who signed a letter in 2003 to Paul Braimer against their Assyrian nation, all are traitors and we should never care about who will come and who will go.

Burlington, the best solution is that those who say they believe in Assyrian identity and land, work for their believes without arguing by division. We started the division when we started calling for the union to find an new argument covering our failure, be us individuals, or "gabbouneh".

A.G
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:11:29 PM by A.G »
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. (Buddha)

Breaking News: This could be the Strangest Thing you have ever Heard!

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 14
Views: 1125
Last post February 27, 2006, 07:08:22 PM
by GeOrGiNa
Breaking News: The Killers of the Late Archbishop may be Captured....

Started by ASHOORBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 15
Views: 2252
Last post March 24, 2008, 07:20:24 PM
by Atorayet d Kirkuk
CNN BREAKING NEWS : Bomb Plot uncovered in Canada

Started by shoemakerBoard News & Current Events

Replies: 9
Views: 1465
Last post June 10, 2006, 02:00:44 PM
by Lovemoon
Breaking News: Stars exercise option on Klemm

Started by shoemakerBoard Sports

Replies: 1
Views: 642
Last post June 30, 2006, 12:22:48 PM
by steelcity_guy19
BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by shoemakerBoard Sports

Replies: 9
Views: 991
Last post August 16, 2006, 01:00:19 PM
by Assy Gal