Author Topic: Assyrian Academics from around the world hold a conference on the Seyfo  (Read 2123 times)

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
http://qolo.de/artikel/kultur/87-seyfo-workshop--assyrischesuryoye-akademiker-aus-der-ganzen-welt-halten-eine-konferenz-ueber-genoz

Google Translation from German into English

In the last week have focused on the initiative of the International Foundation Inanna Assyrian and academics from across Europe and the USA have joined forces to hold a genocide conference. In this debate was about the genocide of the Assyrians, which took place in 1914-1918 in the Ottoman Empire (now Turkey). Renowned professors, doctors, doctoral students and exposing students and activists came to the academic exchanges in Rijssen, Holland together, and worked intensively in a 5-day workshop on the theme of the Seyfo, a metaphorical term that the years of the sword (1914-18) lost by the Assyrians (Suryoye) about 60% of its total population, symbolized.

Names such as Dr. Hannibal Travis (University of Florida), Prof. Dr. David Gaunt), Jan Beth-Sawoce (Södertorn University), Dr. Ton Zwaan (Center for Holocaust and Genocide Studies, Amsterdam), Dr. Ugur Ümit Ungo (Assistant Professor, University of Utrecht), Sabri Atman (Director of Seyfo Center) are in the world Genozidforschung no unknown names. Also among them were aspiring Assyrian historians who devote themselves to their studies with an emphasis on `modern` Assyrian studies: Aryo Makko (PhD University of Stockholm), Sennacherib Demir (MA student, University of Bielefeld).

The workshop was led Seyfo disciplines, representatives from many different academic areas guild were present and contributed to the reappraisal of the tragedy of 1914-1918. Political scientists, linguists, church historians, sociologists, theologians, psychologists, artists and musicians participated in this conference.

After 97 years, the Assyrians have managed to leave the genocide committed against them not only on the subject of individual pioneers such as Gabriele Yonan, but have done it with the Seyfo workshop to develop an academic discourse. Targeted goals include those who give lectures around the world, universities encourage the Assyrian Genocide issue to accept and train students and recent graduates for such an interest, dissertations and scholarly articles to publish on the Seyfo, and other possibilities with the "denied or forgotten to address genocide. " Foundation for such a project is already developed at the University Södertorn where an archive has been established, which includes material gathered from 35 years of work. Likewise, running a new project, which is supported by the Assyrian scholars from around the world and held at Cambridge University has its place. In MARA Modern Assyrian Research Archive can find all the materials which deal with the Assyrian identity digitizing.

The program of the workshop at a glance: Saturday was the Seyfo workshop on the contribution by the historian Prof. David Gaunt officially opened. Then followed speeches by genocide researchers Dr. Ton Zwan and Dr. Ugur Ümit Üngör. After lunch was attended by Prof. Dr. Ciano Aydin (philosopher), Dr. ÖNV Cetrez (psychologist) and PhD. Aryo Makko (political scientist), the theme of the Seyfo from the views of the respective disciplines.

Held on Sunday Prof. Dr. Efrem Yildiz (Linguist), Prof. Dr. David Gaunt, Jan Beth-Sawoce (Head of Mesopotamia library / archive), Prof. Dr. Hannibal Travis (lawyer), Dr. Andrew Palmer (Linguist) lectures. In the evening, the Syrian Orthodox monastery of Mor Ephrem was visited in Glane.

On Monday, the historian, Prof. Dr. Michael Abdalla from Poland, Ph.D. Sharbil Raid Gharib (Universität Tübingen), Sabri Atman (Seyfo Center), the church historian Jan van Ginkel (Leiden University), chairman of the Yoken bar-Yoken Foundation Abdulmesih BarAbraham and Ibrahim Seven (Assyrian activist) and their contributions to the series.

Tuesday was a journey undertaken in the two-hour away Amsterdam, the Jewish Museum and the Anne Frank House were visited.

On Wednesday, the Assyrian contributed linguist Prof. Dr. Shabo Talay from Norway, Assyriologist Nineb Lamassu (Cambridge University), Naur Atto (PhD. sociologist, Leiden), the musician and oud player Mousa Elias Malki Nahrin the artist and the young graduates Demir Sennacherib and the Turkish Sabanci University student from their contributions to the conference. On the same evening, a graduation ceremony was held in the Mousa Elias played for the musicians on the oud Assyrian sounds and songs. An additional award was made for Professor David Gaunt, who was honored for his commitment and his intensive research regarding the question and the Assyrian genocide.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 07:32:41 AM by Zawoyo »

The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline ASHOOR

• Administrator
  • www.AssyrianVoice.net
    • Assyrian Voice
This is great, thanks a lot for posting it. For so many people to come from all over the world to talk about Syefo is a great thing

Hey, I can see my great friend Matay from Holland in the picture too :)

ASHOOR
-Like Assyrian Voice? Want to post here? then join us NOW!

-Booking a hotel anytime soon? Assyrian Voice has an affiliate with Hotels.com : please book through the link below and AssyrianVoice gets a commission from each booking: http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-2932820-10443216-1426796392000

Offline ASHUR

I still can't understand how the Turks have the balls to deny Seyfo.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Assyrian Voice Forum

Offline Zawoyo

• Mid-Level Member
  • I ♥ Assyria
    • me on youtube
It has nothing to do with balls, it´s all about economic reasons.
Do you know how much the Germans are still paying every year to the Jews because of the genoide?
The Rights of Assyrians -UN Declaration
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhDtB12aA8I

The existence of the Assyrian Nation & Nationality is a fact
http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?topic=36862.0

̈I´m not interested in helping our ppl because I´m nationalistic, I´m interested because our ppl NEED help!

Offline ASHUR

It has nothing to do with balls, it´s all about economic reasons.
Do you know how much the Germans are still paying every year to the Jews because of the genoide?

Oh I wasn't aware of that.  Good point.  In that case, I can't say that I blame them the coward bastards for their denial of history.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Offline Free_Assyria

• Golden Member
  • Free Occupied-Assyria
Not only is it about economics, but it’s about nationalism too, this subject rocks the foundation that nation was built on, and that’s our peoples blood. They were a minority in their own country.
Their national hero’s that they commemorate every year are the same butchers that slaughtered our people.
"The World has no glory without the Assyrians"

Assyrian/Chaldean Population Around the World

Started by koolBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 11
Views: 1377
Last post March 31, 2008, 04:18:39 AM
by davidb
Assyrian Beauty to Compete in China For Miss World Title

Started by ASHOORBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 47
Views: 5698
Last post November 13, 2005, 07:08:39 AM
by asH
world cup 2006: an assyrian perspective

Started by sydneydudeBoard Sports

Replies: 13
Views: 1528
Last post May 16, 2006, 07:24:56 PM
by GodismyJudge
DO you think Assyrians going to this years WORLD CUP should take a Assyrian Flag

Started by Free_AssyriaBoard Sports

Replies: 19
Views: 2674
Last post June 07, 2006, 06:12:26 AM
by Crocodile Bani
the latest in the assyrian world

Started by sydneydudeBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 0
Views: 306
Last post June 09, 2006, 10:32:43 PM
by sydneydude