Author Topic: Salma Hayek is half Assyrian according to her OWN website!  (Read 12575 times)

Offline Enki

• Ron Paul 2012
Just got this in an email from a good friend, thought I'd share it with you all.

Not that it really matters much to me, nor does it change the way I will live my life, I just found it to be pretty neat and cool to have another successful Assyrian out there.

---------------------

http://www.salmahayekofficialwebsite.com/salma_hayek

Hayek's father's side of the family is of Assyrian-Lebanese descent and her mother's family is of Spanish descent Reflecting her Assyrian heritage, her first name literally means ‘peace’ or ‘calm’ in Aramaic.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:53:05 PM by ASHOOR »

"If you don't want to be criticized, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing!"

Offline davidb

Re: Salma Hayek is half Assyrian according to her OWN website!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 08:44:38 AM »
wow!

Most likely Syrian Orthodox that migrated to Lebanon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:53:28 AM by davidb »

Offline Tambur

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 09:25:57 AM »
Well then, having her is better than having Agassi, at least there's some proof of her admitting it :)

But Salma is not Aramaic, it's Arabic, it's ok though, that's not what matter here.

Assyrian Voice Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 09:25:57 AM »

Offline Micho

• kutle
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »
I don't think she is Syriac Orthodox Assyrian. Syriac Orthodox Assyrians only moved to Europe and America, not Central/South America of what I know. That's more of a Maronite thing or maybe East Assyrian (?).

Maybe she is half Maronite who identifies with assyrians.

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 11:50:42 AM »
I don't think that's her official site. edit: i dunno just looks way too cheap to be real it might be hers

Who cares what she says its what she does for her people.
Which is nothing. Reminds me of shakira totally has no connection with the fathers side nor do they aknowledge it.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:58:20 AM by AssyrianBookTa »
R.I.P. Dr. Ronny George and Lina Yaakubova

Offline David

• Special Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 03:12:03 PM »
I'd still tap that if I had the chance.
"It is dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." -Frediric Chopin

www.assyrianaid.org | www.aancoalition.org

Offline xxSanhoxx

• Assyrian Youth Federation of Middle Europe
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 08:15:23 PM »
i dont think that she have an official page...

btw, a lot os syriac orthodox assyrians went to central/south america.. but most of them get assimilated..
"..To be an Assyrian is to feel: The past is my heritage I shall forget it not; the present, my responsibility; the future, my challenge." - Dr. David Barsum Perley

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 09:57:40 AM »
if her dad is Assyrian, and her mom is Spaniard then she's more Spanish than Assyrian, she doesn't look Assyrian. On wikipedia, the stupider part is that they edited that Salma is Aramaic for peace, it's actually Arabic  :ranting:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 10:03:21 AM by mrzurnaci »

Offline Jones

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
if her dad is Assyrian, and her mom is Spaniard then she's more Spanish than Assyrian, she doesn't look Assyrian. On wikipedia, the stupider part is that they edited that Salma is Aramaic for peace, it's actually Arabic  :ranting:

Well it's taken from Shlama, so technically it is ours!

But anyway, who cares if she is or isn't Assyrian? She has never proclaimed to be and FYI that website is not official.

Even if she is, what has she done to help the plight of our people?

This is the problem with our people in the west; we are so concerned with pointless crap that we 'don't have time' for anything of use. The endless line of parties, singers and drunken behaviour, and useless corrupted leaders means we never help ourselves. Where does any of this get us? Those in any position of social authority are consumed with planning the next gathering to see who can get the most pissed. They do nothing to try and unite our people in a positive way, and then ignore or ridicule those that want to do something constructive. We shoot ourselves in the foot. We are our own enemy.

We had a protest last week outside the Turkish embassy. Only about 15 people turned up. What a disgrace! Go figure.

Sorry if my venting offends you but this is such a pointless discussion.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 02:34:22 PM by Jones »
"In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria." Isaiah 19:23-24

"The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here." Matthew 12:41

SMILE ASSYRIA; GOD LOVES YOU!!!

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 10:49:06 AM »
Even if she is, what has she done to help the plight of our people?

This is the problem with our people in the west; we are so concerned with pointless crap that we 'don't have time' for anything of use. The endless line of parties, singers and drunken behaviour, and useless corrupted leaders means we never help ourselves. Where does any of this get us? Those in any position of social authority are consumed with planning the next gathering to see who can get the most pissed. They do nothing to try and unite our people in a positive way, and then ignore or ridicule those that want to do something constructive, We shoot ourselves in the foot. We are our own enemy.

We had a protest last week outside the Turkish embassy. Only about 15 people turned up. What a disgrace! Go figure.

Sorry if my venting offends you but this is such a pointless discussion.
it's ok man, your right too, rather than feuding about this stuff, we should be working to get our homeland, the Jews didn't waste their time doing this stuff to get their homeland, and unless we wanna be assimilated and extinct, we gotta do something, I don't know what I should do because of the fact that I'm just 17.

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 01:04:08 PM »
I can't believe I agree with Jones. Love the post.

Offline GreenTea

• God made me GAY! <3
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 02:20:49 PM »
if her dad is Assyrian, and her mom is Spaniard then she's more Spanish than Assyrian, she doesn't look Assyrian. On wikipedia, the stupider part is that they edited that Salma is Aramaic for peace, it's actually Arabic  :ranting:

Well I think she look Assyrian to me. :) And why would she be more Spanish than Assyrian... starting to sound jewish since they go by their mother bloodline.

:blink:

But whatever, though.

Offline Jones

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 02:32:07 PM »
I can't believe I agree with Jones. Love the post.

:lmao:

When I was reading through the posts, I saw yours and was thinking the same thing.

Anyway, it's all good. I got no beef with you sister.

Make hay, not war.  :bigarmhug:
"In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egypt and the Egyptians to Assyria. The Egyptians and Assyrians will worship together. In that day shall Israel be the third with Egypt and with Assyria." Isaiah 19:23-24

"The men of Nineveh will stand up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it; for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and now one greater than Jonah is here." Matthew 12:41

SMILE ASSYRIA; GOD LOVES YOU!!!

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 04:07:06 PM »
Make hay, not war.  :bigarmhug:
let's khigga, not fight?  :wavetowel:

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
    • http://www.Lovemoon.com  <--- fake website lol
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »
actually she does look like Assyrian more than Spanish. I also have an Assyrian friend that looks just like her. 
"No matter how ugly you think you are, that special someone that loves you believes you are the most beautiful and irresistable thing on earth and nothing can ever change that."
Leh Parshelan eatateh,o' lazeh shimma d' Matwateh , Kolan eawakh m kha baba o mkhda yima akhonwateh.
العراقي ذهب.....العراقية الماس...العراقي وفه ..العراقيةاحساس...رغم كل الضروف يبقون احسن ناس

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2010, 03:19:49 AM »
I still believe assyrians don't have a specific look especially when I look at my family

Offline A.G

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2010, 06:53:27 AM »
Shlama Ashuraya

Hayek Family is Maronite, and there are few "Syrian Catholic", maybe sh'e from Assyrian roots but I definitely agree with AssyrianBookta, that this doesn't matter as long as she doesn't care.

P.N: Maronites are not Assyrians

A.G - Beirut
All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become. (Buddha)

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2010, 10:58:49 AM »
I still doubt she's Assyrian. If she REALLY was Assyrian, she would've helped our cause like Rosie Malek-Yonan

there are 14 million Lebanese in the entire world, and there's only 3.5 million Maronites, and according to AINA, there's only 2,000 Assyrians living in Mexico, 2nd. Her last name 'Hayek' isn't nor sounds Assyrian, and 3rd, her dad gave her an Arabic name, don't most Assyrians give their kids' Assyrian names or the names of the countries they live in?

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
  • The town is back that way!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2010, 11:06:41 AM »
Kanye West is Assyrian too.
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2010, 12:21:39 PM »
Two words: Clint eastwood

Old school avners can remember how similar this topic is

Offline thomas

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 01:08:28 PM »
Kanye West is Assyrian too.

ur wrong. it was TUPAC

did you know that "shakur" is the assyrian word for...

Offline GodismyJudge

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 01:09:02 PM »
Two words: Clint eastwood

Old school avners can remember how similar this topic is

Whahahahhahahah I remember that. What about Chuck Norris, they said he was Assyrian too :P.
I am an Assyrian today, tomorrow, forever, and I am proud of it.

Offline thomas

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 01:11:34 PM »
Whahahahhahahah I remember that. What about Chuck Norris, they said he was Assyrian too :P.

chuck norris is turkish

Offline AssyrianBookTa

• Special Member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »
Jona: no no you got it all wrong its usher like Ashur

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2010, 01:17:54 PM »

I would die a happy man if chuck Norris is Assyrian.  But everybody knows Chuck Norris has his own ethnicity.  
turbulence is a fluid regime characterized by chaotic, stochastic property changes.

Offline jonadona

• Golden Member
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2010, 01:19:16 PM »
Jona: no no you got it all wrong its usher like Ashur

hahahaha Of course, how could I forget Ursher?! I mean it totally explains his good dance moves.

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2010, 03:36:17 PM »
I still believe assyrians don't have a specific look especially when I look at my family
That is right, sometimes when I look at my brother he reminds me of Komayah but white version, because of his big lips looooooool, and my other brother when he was a little young we use to call him cheenayaaa cause he looked like them :mrgreen:
"No matter how ugly you think you are, that special someone that loves you believes you are the most beautiful and irresistable thing on earth and nothing can ever change that."
Leh Parshelan eatateh,o' lazeh shimma d' Matwateh , Kolan eawakh m kha baba o mkhda yima akhonwateh.
العراقي ذهب.....العراقية الماس...العراقي وفه ..العراقيةاحساس...رغم كل الضروف يبقون احسن ناس

Offline mari

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2010, 03:48:23 PM »
The only people that are Assyrian to me are those who acknowledge it. And I agree with AssyrianBookTa I don't believe that Assyrians have a specific look...

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 04:32:35 PM »
The only people that are Assyrian to me are those who acknowledge it. And I agree with AssyrianBookTa I don't believe that Assyrians have a specific look...

to Mari, Lovemoon, and BookTa

remember, we modern Assyrians are a mix between the Sumerians, Akkadians, Phoenicians, Arameans, captured Jewish slaves, conquered Arabs, Egyptian during the campaign against Egypt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Neo-Assyrian_Empire#7th_Century_B.C.), some Persians during the rule of the Persian empire, some Greeks during the rule of Alexander the great and Seleucid empire, some more Arabs during the series of Islamic caliphates, some Turkish (maybe) during Ottoman rule, and now today, since we are spread out, we are mixing and being mixed more than ever. the Assyrian empire would conquer many countries and destroy national identities. So Assyrians today are a major mix of the ancient Middle Eastern tribes, under one flag, culture, language, and idea. Isn't that beautiful? I hope it will stay that way.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 04:34:02 PM by mrzurnaci »

Offline Lovemoon

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 04:49:27 PM »
to Mari, Lovemoon, and BookTa

remember, we modern Assyrians are a mix between the Sumerians, Akkadians, Phoenicians, Arameans, captured Jewish slaves, conquered Arabs, Egyptian during the campaign against Egypt (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_the_Neo-Assyrian_Empire#7th_Century_B.C.), some Persians during the rule of the Persian empire, some Greeks during the rule of Alexander the great and Seleucid empire, some more Arabs during the series of Islamic caliphates, some Turkish (maybe) during Ottoman rule, and now today, since we are spread out, we are mixing and being mixed more than ever. the Assyrian empire would conquer many countries and destroy national identities. So Assyrians today are a major mix of the ancient Middle Eastern tribes, under one flag, culture, language, and idea. Isn't that beautiful? I hope it will stay that way.
So now do u agree that she do look like Assyrian? lol cause we are mix of everything so we could look like anyone out there lol

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 04:50:08 PM »
So now do u agree that she do look like Assyrian? lol cause we are mix of everything so we could look like anyone out there lol
not exactly.... I said MAJOR MIDDLE EASTERN TRIBES, not a mix of everyone who looks like everything out there.

Offline David

• Special Member
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2010, 01:25:29 AM »
We already have an Assyrian Salma Hayek.

Anita!
"It is dreadful when something weighs on your mind, not to have a soul to unburden yourself to. You know what I mean. I tell my piano the things I used to tell you." -Frediric Chopin

www.assyrianaid.org | www.aancoalition.org

Offline Rumtaya

• Mid-Level Member
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2010, 09:24:41 AM »
She got the niecest breasts i have seen that far :D

haha well if she is assyrian i´ll send her an AFF shirt  :loool:

Offline mari

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2010, 11:05:08 AM »
Yeah I know for sure that we are a mix of a lottt of ethnicities!
haha my brother has always told me that our ancestors must be mixed because I hardly look 'Assyrian' and none of my dad's side do... I must admit I do judge people sometimes and say yeah they look Assyrian but that's because they are usually...

btw mrzunaci I agree that is beautiful :) and I hope so too.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:09:55 AM by mari »

Offline mrzurnaci

• Special Member
    • Zurnaya's Youtube
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2010, 04:10:38 PM »
Yeah I know for sure that we are a mix of a lottt of ethnicities!
haha my brother has always told me that our ancestors must be mixed because I hardly look 'Assyrian' and none of my dad's side do... I must admit I do judge people sometimes and say yeah they look Assyrian but that's because they are usually...

btw mrzunaci I agree that is beautiful :) and I hope so too.
by beautiful, I mean that we STAY "Assyrian" like no more mixing, because if other Assyrians do 'stray' then the non-Assyrian and the half Assyrian child also have to be counted as Assyrian ONLY just like Back then, when Arameans in Assyria mixed with the population, they were called Assyrian.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 04:12:10 PM by mrzurnaci »

A New Website (Assyrian Lyrics)

Started by LovemoonBoard Music & Arts

Replies: 25
Views: 4401
Last post October 22, 2015, 09:29:12 AM
by Cascade
Half Assyrian...Half ?

Started by petervocalsBoard Chit Chat

Replies: 85
Views: 4345
Last post January 27, 2006, 04:44:25 AM